Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Why would you want to give until Christmas? He should have been sacked when he finished four two seasons ago.

You've been waiting a long time for him to get the sack! No wonder you don't want to give him until Christmas!

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's my thoughts exactly. The follically challenged slithering reptile will be off to Oz with bin bags full of cash and a big two fingered salute to the newly relegated dab faithful at the end of the season.

Seriously though, why aren't dabs questioning it or are they being told it's all being used to pay off debt?

I think many of us are questioning Thompson but we haven't heard anything concrete for months and now the more immediate concern is JMc.

Still baffled you guys signed Simon Murray. Six good months in his career and he goes from League Two to starting in the Premiership?

I do understand what you mean - as much as I love the guy, I think he's slightly out of his depth at this level at the moment, but to be honest on a list of "baffling things currently happening at Dundee United", this ain't even in the top 5.

I do understand what you mean - as much as I love the guy, I think he's slightly out of his depth at this level at the moment, but to be honest on a list of "baffling things currently happening at Dundee United", this ain't even in the top 5.

Should have been loaned out to a Championship club this season IMO. As for everything else at Tannadice, I don't know enough about what's happening to comment.

Should have been loaned out to a Championship club this season IMO. As for everything else at Tannadice, I don't know enough about what's happening to comment.

It's a bit like Airplane! the movie, just substitute their staff for characters and you get the drift.

That's my thoughts exactly. The follically challenged slithering reptile will be off to Oz with bin bags full of cash and a big two fingered salute to the newly relegated dab faithful at the end of the season.

Seriously though, why aren't dabs questioning it or are they being told it's all being used to pay off debt?

I'd be expecting him to be taking money out of the club to replenish family funds and to pay back the soft loans. Need to wait for the annual account to appear but the fees will be in different reporting periods I think ?

There's a lot that had gone wrong since the season has started but one issue is the fact the chairman sees his long term future in Oz.

I'd be expecting him to be taking money out of the club to replenish family funds and to pay back the soft loans. Need to wait for the annual account to appear but the fees will be in different reporting periods I think ?

There's a lot that had gone wrong since the season has started but one issue is the fact the chairman sees his long term future in Oz.

When are the annual accounts due? Gauld, Robertson, Armstrong and Mackay-Steven fees will all be included.

Genuine question to any DUFC fans on here.

Regarding the fact that JMc is getting a %age of transfer fees.

Doesn't it p*** you off, and what is the general feeling towards him from most of you?

Can he carry on as manager at DUFC?

Still baffled you guys signed Simon Murray. Six good months in his career and he goes from League Two to starting in the Premiership?

To be fair, 2 seasons ago we started the season with an 18 year old left back who had only played in the 4th tier of scottish football and as an amateur. His name is Andy Robertson and he didn't do too badly. Whether Murray achieves the same is in the lap of the gods...

Genuine question to any DUFC fans on here.

Regarding the fact that JMc is getting a %age of transfer fees.

Doesn't it p*** you off, and what is the general feeling towards him from most of you?

Can he carry on as manager at DUFC?

Doesn't upset me too much. He was given that contract for a purpose - to develop AND sell players (due to our financial position). If he had been given a performance based bonus, he would be more likely to keep payers as long as possible which would result in them running down their contracts. That was the situation with our last good team where only Goodwillie was sold for a fee. Gomis, Buaben, Swanson, Conway et al all left for nothing and their final season with us wasn't that great. United couldn't afford to let that happen again.

I would expect that, when United's financial situation is better, performance based contracts will more likely be the norm.

To be fair, 2 seasons ago we started the season with an 18 year old left back who had only played in the 4th tier of scottish football and as an amateur. His name is Andy Robertson and he didn't do too badly. Whether Murray achieves the same is in the lap of the gods...

It was obvious to all as soon as they saw Robertson play that he was something special. It is obvious to most of us that Murray is a little bit shite.

How he is playing ahead of Muirhead is beyond me.

As far as I'm aware, ST can't "take money" out of the club. He can get his loans back (if he gave any) and he gets what his contract allows him.

It was obvious to all as soon as they saw Robertson play that he was something special. It is obvious to most of us that Murray is a little bit shite.

How he is playing ahead of Muirhead is beyond me.

Its only obvious now with 2 years of hindsight behind us. As much as I was impressed with him in the first game at Partick, I couldn't tell was was going to ne THAT good.

Doesn't upset me too much. He was given that contract for a purpose - to develop AND sell players (due to our financial position). If he had been given a performance based bonus, he would be more likely to keep payers as long as possible which would result in them running down their contracts. That was the situation with our last good team where only Goodwillie was sold for a fee. Gomis, Buaben, Swanson, Conway et al all left for nothing and their final season with us wasn't that great. United couldn't afford to let that happen again.

I would expect that, when United's financial situation is better, performance based contracts will more likely be the norm.

Thanks for that m8

I mentioned this months ago but to be honest the main issue I have at the moment with the club is the lack of communication. For years we had Thompson as a bit of a 'rent a gob' for the press, not a day passed without hearing his opinions on anything from the SPFL to United to the Courier's Gardening supplement (I might have made that last one up).

I used to get a little tired of ST and his direct line to the press but as time has gone on he hs slowly become more and more silent (which is even worse). I get that he has moved away from his daily duties with the club but a bit of openness from United on things like Campbell or an update on the plans for the next couple of years would be nice. Thompson gave a really good in-depth interview with Arabzone a while back, it would be good to have something like that from either him or another senior member of the club, just to appease the fans in some way. If they continue to stay silent then the internet hoards will continue to get louder and louder.

Noticed a wee thing in the Fed statement today, that Campbell was not featured in this year's squad photo? Strange one.

Would still stick in my craw a bit that your best players end up in Glasgow rather than down south or abroad.

The irony is that game v Celtic could be one of his last. In a Utd fans shoes, I couldn't cope if GMS, Armstrong or Cifti (depending on ban situation) ripped you a new one in that game.

Archived