Dundee United 2015/16 Season

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I fucking hate the FED. Pretty much to blame for all the animosity since February, yet they expect Thompson to bow to their every wish. if it was me I'd cut them loose, arseholes.

Load of women and children shrieking out a McCartney hit, could anything be worse?

Still less of a minter than Discoland, though. No coincidence that it's you lot and Celtic belting out that one. Happy hardcore = swivelled jawed scheme goblins.

More tit for tat shite. All rather tedious now.

Federation of Dundee United Supporters` Club.

Due to the unfortunate leak from the Club in today's papers concerning the Chairman of the Federation of Dundee United Supporters Clubs we would wish our members to be made aware of our measured response to the Club following their letter to us in respect to the reported incident and copy below the text from both documents.

We are aware the current situation is dividing opinion a********* the support but please be rest assured all we seek and all we have ever sought is open , balanced and truthful dialogue with our Club and clarity on The Chairmans Plans for Dundee United including financial projections, going forward.

Thanks

Letter received from Stephen Thompson by email on 26th August 2015.

Following your recent correspondence requesting a meeting on behalf of the Federation of Dundee United Supporters' Clubs, I write to inform you of the reason this is not possible at this time and seek your organisation's position on the matter.

In recent weeks myself and other club officials have been on the receiving end of messages from the Federation's chairman Scott Innes, which I supported by my board, senior management team, and advisors consider to be unacceptable

These messages are of an aggressive nature in terms of their content and tone, and are certainly not conducive to a positive working relationship between our organisations.

Examples of recent correspondence I have received from Mr Innes include: "Tick tock!! Face the music. Fans hate you now!!" (sent 16 August)

"Proved correct all along. Please don't come back to Dundee. Pathetic individual." (sent 21 August)

"Did you notice today how much you've lost the fans. Must worry you. Thing is its only gonna get worse for you. Tick Tock." (Sent 22 August)

The Club has sought advice from Police Scotland on this matter and with the above in mind, I would appreciate if you could clarify the Federation's position with regard to Mr Innes' role and his correspondence the Club.

Specifically we need to understand if he is acting on behalf of the Federation when communicating with officials from Dundee United FC, or if he is acting out with his remit as an official of your organisation.

Like most clubs, we seek a positive working relationship with our fan representatives and productive communications channels are key to that. However with correspondence such as this coming from your chairman, you will understand that we cannot facilitate any further meetings between our organisations until the matter is resolved.

Response from Federation to Stephen Thompson sent by email on 27th August 2015.

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for your letter of 26 August 2015 in response to our e-mail of 14/08/15. We have discussed the matter with Scott Innes who has given his word and indeed taken actions to ensure this type of communication, which was personal and not Federation business, does not happen again.

Scott indicated that this recent correspondence was borne out of frustration. Firstly, with the lack of replies to various Federation issues raised with the Club and secondly, with his team based on the performances against Hamilton and Celtic and comments made to him by a number of fans.

We are not sure if you attended these games due to your overseas personal business but if you did attend we are confident you would share the frustration, albeit, the way you deal with this may be different.

The Federation also feel the refusal to enter in to dialogue with us due to the action of Scott Innes's personal correspondence with you is puzzling when you had clearly made that decision by the 20/07/15 which you confirmed in an email of the same date.

However, we hope you will accept the sending of personal messages has now ceased and that we can put this matter behind us and move forward to have the positive working relationship we both seek. If you could provide the Police Scotland Incident number they could be advised of the actions taken and hopefully allow them to close the file.

For the avoidance of doubt all communication going forward from the Federation will come via our Secretary.

We trust you will accept our statement above and that this matter has been dealt with appropriately and look forward to a date in the next few weeks when we as the Committee of the Federation of DUFC can meet with you and anyone else you wish to attend to address the matters detailed in our e-mail of 14/08/15."

Those texts, though. Minter.

The Fed's response is pretty lame. Trying to defend and justify their guy's actions and put the blame back onto Thomson is poor.

The Fed come across like a bunch of idiots. No wonder chairmen struggle to come round to the idea of fans helping with the running of football clubs, most fan groups spout a fair amount of shite and yet are supposed to represent us all? Nah.

Archived