Dundee United 2015/16 Season

At least that's Fojut replaced, heard there will be no more deals until there are further departures. If it means bringing the budget down to an affordable level, then so be it.

Surely you need a goalkeeper at the very least, before departures obviously?

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely you need a goalkeeper at the very least, before departures obviously?

What we need and what the budget allows for are two different things unfortunately. We have four keepers on the books who are too old to play for the u20's, personally I'd get rid of all four of them and buy an experienced keeper.

What we need and what the budget allows for are two different things unfortunately. We have four keepers on the books who are too old to play for the u20's, personally I'd get rid of all four of them and buy an experienced keeper.

McCallum, Somenick, Zwick and?

Never even heard of him.

Squad does look a bit inflated atm. Hopefully we can punt Shifty for a few pennies and get another fullback as well as an experienced goalie.

Wishful thinking tbh.

I wouldn't say inflated, just time to clear out the development squad. We've successfully stockpiled youths with a strategy of developing them for profit however, with this strategy you end up with a lot of lads getting into their twenties, their yearly wages rise's really start to kick in and they are no where near the first team. For example, all those keepers will be earning between £350 and £700. That's roughly say, £2k a week. Then you go through the rest of the development squad and you start to get an idea of where some of that £750k is going.

Doesn't look like we're getting anything either, seems to be some kind of mutual agreement.

ETA: He's off to Pogon Szczecin, good luck to the big man! Enjoyed watching him on form, won everything in the air.

_77820978_fojut.jpg

We'll miss Fojut, mark my words. Disastrous that Durnan has no Eastern European psychoticness in him.

Keeper and right-winger the 'must do' priorities now, imo. A solid, experienced starting CD would be nice too.

We need a centre mid to go alongside Souttar unless he is planning on playing Scott Fraser. Even then, Paton out would be magnificent.

Excited to see Souttar, Muirhead, Coote and hopefully Fraser start regularly this year.

God knows what our line up will be next season.

Dow-Telfer-Erskine as the first choice front 3 behind the striker?

Paton-Souttar behind them?

Or the Pates and Ranks dream duo :(

McGowan-Morris-Durnan-Dixon as the back line, with McCallum as our number 1?

And then Muirhead, Bilate and Murray as our strike force.

Just spent the last half hour in hysterics at UnitedMad.

Internet gold: http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=2&act=1&mid=2109966731#sL7mtKMBRy2DBPoZ.97

"I have been told by other posters including mods that they reckon the board has been hacked by mates of the Tannadice hierarchy,funsters and Sheep since the 31st of January."

why-cant-i-hold-all-these-wats_zps76ec73

"I have been told by other posters including mods that they reckon the board has been hacked by mates of the Tannadice hierarchy,funsters and Sheep since the 31st of January."

why-cant-i-hold-all-these-wats_zps76ec73

:lol: One of the funniest things I've read on the net.

Archived