Dundee United 2015/16 Season

United definitely aren't signing another keeper going by Hinchcliffe's comments. He said:

'We have chosen not to give out the '1' squad number because we have three goalkeepers all capable of playing in the Scottish Premiership and, over pre-season, one will prove to me they deserve the jersey. '

This is hopefully going to be just like when Motherwell tried that. Having a promising young 'keeper is good but you really can't take three who aren't ready and say that the competition will inspire them to rise to that level.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of starting with any of the 3 keepers on the books fills me with dread. If any of them were up to playing in the top flight they should/would have got a run in the 1st team by now, because for me Rado was a 6.5/10 and we've known he was leaving for 6 months, so if anyone was up to replacing him they'd have seen significant game time by now. I remember they said Szromnik would get a run, but had to abandon that. When he turned out to be total horseshit!

The thought of starting with any of the 3 keepers on the books fills me with dread. If any of them were up to playing in the top flight they should/would have got a run in the 1st team by now, because for me Rado was a 6.5/10 and we've known he was leaving for 6 months, so if anyone was up to replacing him they'd have seen significant game time by now. I remember they said Szromnik would get a run, but had to abandon that. When he turned out to be total horseshit!

That's not fair at all.

They had to abandon it because it got sent off and Rado came back in.

This goalkeeping situation is great news, bit disappointed Saint Rado is gone, but hopefully someone can fill that void pretty quickly

This goalkeeping situation is great news, bit disappointed Saint Rado is gone, but hopefully someone can fill that void pretty quickly

Did somenick not fill that void to good effect against St Johnstone or was some other team the beneficiary?

I was fortunate enough to witness the game against Caley from the ET Lower. He looked like he was gonna greet and the DABs were absolutely seething.

The only "good prospect" about it's goalkeeper situation will be watching 3 young goalkeepers try and keep the fans with the biggest delusions of grandeur in the league happy. Should be glorious.

Did somenick not fill that void to good effect against St Johnstone or was some other team the beneficiary?

Yeah, he threw in the first in our 2-0 win there, think the second was partly his fault too.

The only "good prospect" about it's goalkeeper situation will be watching 3 young goalkeepers try and keep the fans with the biggest delusions of grandeur in the league happy. Should be glorious.

Well I certainly hope we don't end up signing players we cant afford, win nothing, get relegated and be put in administration twice whilst attempting it.

That would be very embarrassing.

Well I certainly hope we don't end up signing players we cant afford, win nothing, get relegated and be put in administration twice whilst attempting it.

That would be very embarrassing.

:D

You might finally pay that debt off whilst finishing in the bottom 6 - that won't matter though because football fans (particularly DABS) much prefer being debt free to winning on the park....

You might finally pay that debt off whilst finishing in the bottom 6 - that won't matter though because football fans (particularly DABS) much prefer being debt free to winning on the park....

We did manage to win a cup in 2010 though. :thumsup2

What did your 2 admins win you again? ;)

Imagine a dee branding us delusional lol. Delusions of grandeur are what got you into so much shit. Wouldnt be surprised if yer current owner is as corrupt as previous or if hw just gets bored having NO chance of winning anything ever again. Just you look forward to the derby, its all you really have to aim for isnt it.

Archived