Dundee United 2015/16 Season

No I don't. Even if I did I wouldn't buy a football club.

The latest set of accounts show the club with a net value of about £4 million, any trading loss this season will be more than covered by the money from Ciftci, McGowan and Souttar that weren't included in the last set of accounts.

Can't see the present shareholders selling it for less than that, plus any buyer would need some further capital.

Mmm don't think so Granny.

The next question asked was regarding the comment earlier that the club will make a net loss for this financial year. The shareholder spoke about the post balance sheet event regarding the sales of Nadir Ciftci, John Souttar and Ryan McGowan which the club anticipate will provide a profit on these transfers of approximately £1.2m and therefore projected operating losses would be higher than £1.2m. The shareholder then asked if they have factored potential semi final money into their assumption that would lead to a loss for the current financial year. Stephen Thompson said that income is also down on the previous year by £1.1m. To which the shareholder responded by saying in the last seven or eight years it has varied by 10-15% and therefore a drop in the region of 20% appears quite a large drop.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm boycotting. I think Dundee fans are ill mannered and it'ss about time attention was brought to that fact.

The last time I was there a member of 'the Derry' was allowed to run all the way across the pitch to the Dundee keeper who stood just in front of our fans. I'm not willing to put my life in danger like that again. It's only a game of football at the end of the day.

You think so - mmmmmm

Mmm don't think so Granny.

The next question asked was regarding the comment earlier that the club will make a net loss for this financial year. The shareholder spoke about the post balance sheet event regarding the sales of Nadir Ciftci, John Souttar and Ryan McGowan which the club anticipate will provide a profit on these transfers of approximately £1.2m and therefore projected operating losses would be higher than £1.2m. The shareholder then asked if they have factored potential semi final money into their assumption that would lead to a loss for the current financial year. Stephen Thompson said that income is also down on the previous year by £1.1m. To which the shareholder responded by saying in the last seven or eight years it has varied by 10-15% and therefore a drop in the region of 20% appears quite a large drop.[/size]

Not sure what's being suggested here. I reckon the Ciftci, Souttar and McGowan money will cover this year's operating losses or at least the bulk of them. Either way it's a wee bit like the Panama Papers story getting distracted by the story about David Cameron's dad.

The initial point I made, which I stand by, is that United has a balance sheet value in excess of £4 million and I don't think there's many out who would want to pay that for the club. Is there anyone who disagrees with that?

Ooft. Anyone with that mentality must read stuff like this and think, yeah, that's the right way for our club. Let's blame the market.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2003/dec/04/newsstory.sport16

People motivated enough to organise events like boycotts seldom appreciate the bigger picture.

The rest of us just pick a team and enjoy the ride. Only a game after all.

#yourteam

Not sure what's being suggested here. I reckon the Ciftci, Souttar and McGowan money will cover this year's operating losses or at least the bulk of them. Either way it's a wee bit like the Panama Papers story getting distracted by the story about David Cameron's dad.

The initial point I made, which I stand by, is that United has a balance sheet value in excess of £4 million and I don't think there's many out who would want to pay that for the club. Is there anyone who disagrees with that?

Ha ha.The only person trying to put a political spin on it is yourself.

Technically three. Old Rangers, new Rangers and Dundee.

Did old Rangers boycott us?

Ha ha.The only person trying to put a political spin on it is yourself.

I don't know what that post means and I suspect you don't either.

I will be at Dens if the results pan out for us at the weekend. No way am i attending the derby if we can be relegated, and i dont give a f**k what anyone says about it. I will also be attending the games after the derby regardless if we are down or not

I will be at Dens if the results pan out for us at the weekend. No way am i attending the derby if we can be relegated, and i dont give a f**k what anyone says about it. I will also be attending the games after the derby regardless if we are down or not

Typical arab...#noheart

Typical arab...#noheart

Been to 95% of the games home and away this season however i doubt i could handle watching us get relegated at Dens. When we are to go down, then id rather it wasnt there. You asked for honesty, you fuckin got it

Can we win? Yes.

Will we win? Highly unlikely.

As things stand Dundee has a better squad, a better manager and the players look like they've actually met one another. Given our inability to lift ourselves in the last two crucial matches against ICT and Hibs I cannot see us taking anything out of the derby.

Archived