Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Can't even start to think how Dundee fans are feeling right now. The nerves must be jangling on the eve of the clubs biggest achievement in 40 years.

:lol:

The DABs will be in full meltdown mode tomorrow - cracks everywhere 24 ish hours before

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you tell them their children were the product of non-consensual sex to their faces?

I've had various comments made about me by Dees (and others) on this forum that imply and actually include references to dementia.

My mother had dementia before she died. I have been advised there is a significant hereditary risk that I could go the same way.

I could take offence. I don't because I know that it's harmless internet banter.

I am grateful that I'm not as easily offended as some folk on here are, though I would never go out of my way to deliberately offend someone.

I've had various comments made about me by Dees (and others) on this forum that imply and actually include references to dementia.

My mother had dementia before she died. I have been advised there is a significant hereditary risk that I could go the same way.

I could take offence. I don't because I know that it's harmless internet banter.

I am grateful that I'm not as easily offended as some folk on here are, though I would never go out of my way to deliberately offend someone.

Just forget it then.....

What exactly is Dundee's biggest achievement in 40 years then?

Surviving after owners had almost killed us! Something the Arabs about to face themselves if rumours are to believed!

Just forget it then.....

Funny. But incredibly hypocritical.

Don't worry I won't indulge in any more internet banter with you now I now what a delicate wee flower you are.

Surviving after owners had almost killed us! Something the Arabs about to face themselves if rumours are to believed!

Only any idiot would believe these rumours.

Do you believe them?

What exactly is Dundee's biggest achievement in 40 years then?

Various promotions and especially the 2010/11 season when a tiny squad survived a 25 point deduction to run up the longest undefeated run in our history. That was special, really special, in a way only Dundee fans understand. Tomorrow is just a consolation prize for blowing a place in the top 6. Still, you've got to make the best of the hand you're dealt.

Funny. But incredibly hypocritical.

Don't worry I won't indulge in any more internet banter with you now I now what a delicate wee flower you are.

It's your very hypocrisy that got you in this mess in the first instance. 

Thank You

Various promotions and especially the 2010/11 season when a tiny squad survived a 25 point deduction to run up the longest undefeated run in our history. That was special, really special, in a way only Dundee fans understand. Tomorrow is just a consolation prize for blowing a place in the top 6. Still, you've got to make the best of the hand you're dealt.

'In a way only Dundee fans understand'. I get that. It's the essence of being the fan of any club. There's things that happen, good and bad, that you can only appreciate if your a supporter of the team/club it's happened to.

Maybe that's why relegation, even at the hands of our city rivals, is not such a big deal. In the bigger picture we'll take the negatives with the positives and come through the other side.

Plus, as stu has said, there's the steak birdies at Dunfermilne.

Not wanting to barge in all geezer and rude but, was it not you who had put that very poster on ignore because of his 'internet banter'?

'In a way only Dundee fans understand'. I get that. It's the essence of being the fan of any club. There's things that happen, good and bad, that you can only appreciate if your a supporter of the team/club it's happened to.

Maybe that's why relegation, even at the hands of our city rivals, is not such a big deal. In the bigger picture we'll take the negatives with the positives and come through the other side.

steak-bridies.jpg

To be honest, the match day experience in the Championship can be just as good for the average fan. You have a pint or two, meet friends, shout at the ref, and see more wins than you've been used to in the top division. In usual circumstances, and next season, you're spared the OF and all their baggage, and the locals are almost always friendly on away trips. Usually your first season down is an improvement on an awful relegation season, and getting promoted is always good fun. Plus nearly every game is at 3 o'clock on a Saturday.

All this sums up why I'm not remotely sorry for my Dundee United supporting friends. Life goes on, and they'll enjoy it - just in a lower division. :lol:​

Archived