Dundee United 2015/16 Season

Which is why the idea of fan ownership is not an enticing idea to me.

Yeah, imagine fans having to take a bit of responsibility rather than sniping from the sidelines.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, imagine fans having to take a bit of responsibility rather than sniping from the sidelines.

It's not politics, to quote the missus it's only a game.

It's perfectly legitimate to be a fan of a club and pay your money without expecting to have an input into how its run.

30 years ago you probably couldn't name the chairman at other clubs.

Would I f**k put in a grand for the "opportunity" to have my say in the running of a club.

The problem is that while you may have sound guys at the start you end up with a bowling club committee sort of thing - and boys who only get involved to strut around with a blazer on match day. 

The problem is that while you may have sound guys at the start you end up with a bowling club committee sort of thing - and boys who only get involved to strut around with a blazer on match day. 

Probably right up old man Danger's street.

So no supporter is allowed to criticise Thompson unless they're willing to invest time and/or money into the running of the club? In the same egalitarian spirit of The Baldy Snake, of course.

Murray, Spittal, Dillon and Fraser were what ive heard. No doubt it will come out in the next few hours

Three shitebags and a ginger labrador. Tremendous.

I'm not sure where you get that from.

Personally I'm in favour of fan ownership, I think it's the way ahead and I don't like being at the mercy of a rich sugar daddy even if he (and its invariably a he) is a fan. I also think that when you get to clubs the size and status of United that you are unlikely to attract a super rich owner who wants to own a club as a status symbol. If you do there's always the chance that you'll end up with a Romonov-like character.

I've said before that I'm really surprised at the guys who have invested in Dundee. That's not a dig it's a genuine statement. On the face of it Dundee has been lucky but I just don't understand why these guys want to own a small (again not a dig) Scottish club. But Dundee have been very lucky and it could have easily gone the other way. But if things don't go according to plan what guarantee do Dundee have of their ongoing involvement?

I remember the long line of spivs and con merchants that we're all trying to get a bite out of Dundee when the club was on its uppers; none of these folk had the club's interest at heart. I had in-depth personal dealings with Ron Dixon, a man who promised the earth and delivered nothing. That's the sort of guy who can have a club at its mercy.

I think fan ownership is a hard sell and sadly folk look at past examples as a way of rubbishing the idea. But the Scottish experience is exclusively turning to this ownership structure only as a last resort once the financial situation is already dire. That's not a reasonable way to judge the potential for success IMO.

So no supporter is allowed to criticise Thompson unless they're willing to invest time and/or money into the running of the club? In the same egalitarian spirit of The Baldy Snake, of course.

No I'm not saying that. But equally people from the Fed saying Thompson should stand down when he has a majority holding in the club is cloud cuckoo stuff.

Durnan was a stand out in the Championship was he not? Granted, he's been utter horse this year, but surely there is a player there somewhere?

Funny to think all the knicker wetters in our support were using him as an example of 'we don't give yoof a chance,' this time last year.

I'd have thought he'd be a good player for Dundee United in the Championship. I have no doubts he'd be god awful for Ross County in the Premiership though.

Anyone who has watched Scottish football this year, either in full or in part could make a fairly decent stab at who to let go and who to keep, no?

Those who made the step up, those who came for the cash, those whose potential remains unfulfilled, those who are past it, those who never had it to begin, those who've had their chances, and those on big wages can go.

Who then currently at the club doesn't fall into one or more of the above categories?

As a squad, they failed each other, not helped by two, frankly, horrendous management teams

f**k me the snake has gone absolutely nuclear here.

Has anyone seen these players since the 'talks'? Or are we just to assume they've plummeted into the pit beneath the trap door in his office.

It really is carnage at the club right now, anyone looking in on this from the outside must be pishing themselves

Spittal and Fraser out of the starting 11 I can understand as the represent the best chance of resale value.

Zwick will be on relatively low wages and Murray is a proven striker at lower levels.

Be interesting to see who we keep out of the youths etc.

I notice Duke scored the other night, I was certain he was released back in January?

Archived