FIFA officials arrested.

Andrew Jennings is great. Although it is hard to see him as this hard nosed investigative journalist. David Walsh looks and sounds the part much more.

He's been on a lone chase for decades to get the fuckers. Bound to send him a bit weird and stalkerish. One of my heroes. :wub:

They'll never get Blatter caught for taking an individual bribe. According to Jennings he's on a $7 million salary, lives in his 30 room FIFA provided mansion, rides down to the shops in his FIFA provided and chaffeured diamond encrusted Bentley while he's not travelling in private jets, staying in 5*+ hotels, eating in 3* Michelon restaurants and meeting the hoi poloi. Who needs bribes?

I'm not positive FIFA paid for his big house, car and chauffeur, but they probably did. And he's a cnut anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

Didnt know there was a film about FIFA with Tim Roth playing Blatter, like that pile of shite with Ally McCoist and Robert Duval it looks like it would fall into the 'so awful its actually funny to watch' category

Directed by Señor Spielbergo, named 'A Blatter For All Seasons'. Missed out on the Oscar to 'Man Getting Hit By Football' with George C Scott.

• 2 weeks later...

His press conference was a rambling mess beginning with insincere, sarcastic apologies and references to Nelson Mandela and humanity.

The deluded old c**t will never accept responsibility despite admitting it was a "gentleman's agreement" even though outstanding payments have to be made within five years under Swiss law.

Both have also been fined somewhere in the region of £50k each. After stealing millions over the past few years, that'll show em.

There's a chance that even a fairly token fine like that may cause them to bubble up with rage if they've deluded themselves into thinking they were innocent/what they did was justifiable.

Sure I've seen Mourinho hit with fines before that he can easily afford yet still caused him to have a shitfit over due to the injustice of it all, for instance.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

They'll never get Blatter caught for taking an individual bribe. According to Jennings he's on a $7 million salary, lives in his 30 room FIFA provided mansion, rides down to the shops in his FIFA provided and chaffeured diamond encrusted Bentley while he's not travelling in private jets, staying in 5*+ hotels, eating in 3* Michelon restaurants and meeting the hoi poloi. Who needs bribes?

I'm not positive FIFA paid for his big house, car and chauffeur, but they probably did. And he's a cnut anyway.

Hoi poloi? Some mistake, surely? Just thought I'd get in before Kincardine.

Hoi poloi? Some mistake, surely? Just thought I'd get in before Kincardine.

Whoops.

Are they actually likely to unearth anything that will overturn the Qatar vote?

Letting workers in near slave conditions die in their thousands and funding the Islamic State hasn't done it so far so I doubt getting caught paying bribes right left and centre for the vote will do it either. Best chance is a further collapse in the oil, gas and local property prices.

Are they actually likely to unearth anything that will overturn the Qatar vote?

The Yanks say there will be a "second round" of revelations and arrests so hopefully all the details will be in that.

You don't need evidence to know that the Qatar win was bought but surely proof of mass corruption would make their hosting of the tournament a farce.

It's already public knowledge that Nicolas Sarkozy pressurised Platini to change his vote from the USA to Qatar at the last minute as the Qatari's had verbally agreed to buy Sarkozy's favourite team, PSG, and create a new French sports channel.

If they managed to buy a big nation like France's vote you can imagine how easy it would be to coerce some of the smaller countries.