St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaun Rooney is training with Hearts after spending two weeks on trial with St Mirren.

You fear that could be one that comes back to bite us but if the manager's had a close look at him and doesn't fancy it then we'll just have to trust his judgement.

You fear that could be one that comes back to bite us but if the manager's had a close look at him and doesn't fancy it then we'll just have to trust his judgement.

Rooney waited for a response from the club after playing for the U20s on Friday and never got one. He then moved on to train with Hearts. Very poor from the club.

I'm still waiting on them releasing the ticket details for Ibrox, only one ticket per season ticket as well. Wonder what brought that on, can't remember it happening before.

I'm 95% certain someone else can have mine.

Yeah can't remember a "clanger" against us really. Think the fact he had a few in high profile games and the rangers issue did lead to a souring of the relationship with the sheep.

But like I said as much as I've had a moan he should/could more than do a job at this level and we needed a coach as well. Never really thought of it like that but I suppose we are in effect saving a wage.

only clanger against us was letting Wardlaw score against them to keep us up in Dannys first season.

Rooney waited for a response from the club after playing for the U20s on Friday and never got one. He then moved on to train with Hearts. Very poor from the club.

If true, not that I'm doubting you, that's really poor form.

At the very least someone should have gave him a call to say thanks but no thanks. Not the most encouraging news, good luck to the lad.

I'm still waiting on them releasing the ticket details for Ibrox, only one ticket per season ticket as well. Wonder what brought that on, can't remember it happening before.

Probably because we're only getting about 800 tickets for Ibrox and have about 2,500 season ticket holders.

Probably because we're only getting about 800 tickets for Ibrox and have about 2,500 season ticket holders.

That's surprising. Reckon we could bring more than that and Rangers are hardly known for their sell out crowds these days.

That's surprising. Reckon we could bring more than that and Rangers are hardly known for their sell out crowds these days.

When was the last time we took more than 900 to Ibrox? Maybe first league visit after we went up in 06 when we got the 1-1 draw with O'Donnell scoring? Even then was that more than 900?

I've been a few times, last time was the cup replay game where we lost 1-0, and I think we often taken 400 odd. More than Celtic Park where we're lucky to be over 3 figures and often more go to Inverness.

When was the last time we took more than 900 to Ibrox? Maybe first league visit after we went up in 06 when we got the 1-1 draw with O'Donnell scoring? Even then was that more than 900?

I've been a few times, last time was the cup replay game where we lost 1-0, and I think we often taken 400 odd. More than Celtic Park where we're lucky to be over 3 figures and often more go to Inverness.

Wasn't it Richard Brittain that scored in that game?

Whatever our allocation was we sold out our end for that game, as I had to sit in the Rangers end! Was a horrific experience, and I was right behind the goal that Britain scored into, never took to much self control not to celebrate that day!

Le guen also got sacked after the game iirc?

You'll get more tickets for your next Ibrox visit - y'know when the novelty has worn off for the home fans and all that.

I'd expect a decent crowd for them opening day this season thanks to the Hibs result and the new manager/players factor.

You'll get more tickets for your next Ibrox visit - y'know when the novelty has worn off for the home fans and all that.

I'd expect a decent crowd for them opening day this season thanks to the Hibs result and the new manager/players factor.

It's nice to know the majority of Scotland is behind your team going into a game, but, sadly, I really can't see past a home win.

Wasn't it Richard Brittain that scored in that game?

You're right. It was the Hearts game that I was thinking of.

Anyway can't see past a home win after that result at the weekend, but here is hoping.

I hope we aren't going to wait on Langfield and Shankland if Aberdeen are going to keep us hanging on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33693323

So much for Shankland and Langfield joining this week.

"Derek McInnes says none of his Aberdeen squad will be leaving the club as long as they remain in the Europa League."

Well...at least for another couple of weeks.

I wouldn't read too much into that other than he's more than likely already registered the said players for his 25 man Europa League squad and can't replace any outgoing players until the next round.

There is apparently another striker on his way. A permanent signing as well according to Div. That would alleviate any pressing need for Shankland coming in.

Divs Twitter account linking us with Andy Webster. Now that would be some coup!

I'd be delighted with Langfield,Shankland and Webster. With another striker still to sign.

I'm sure Lex heard this rumour a wee while back. Would be delighted with it.

Archived