Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

Baraclough comfortably outclassed McCall tactically and I can see that happening again. Rangers have no option but to go for it, and their defence is criminally show which obviously plays into our hands.

If Rangers score early it could be a long long 90 minutes but at the same time I'm confident that we'll be able to put a few past them.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers to be winning 2-0 for most of the game before Scott McDonald pops up to score in injury time. 4-3 Well on aggregate and the zombies in ruins. Oh how beautiful it would be.

Rangers to be winning 2-0 for most of the game before Scott McDonald pops up to score in injury time. 4-3 Well on aggregate and the zombies in ruins. Oh how beautiful it would be.

Kris Boyd to miss a sitter just before McDonald scores too

All this week I've been telling anyone who asked that I didn't fancy our chance at Ibrox but felt we would be able to come out on top at home. So after last night I should be bristling with confidence. And I do still think we will see the tie out.

There's still a wee nagging doubt though...

I'm going for a thrilling 2-2 draw tomorrow with a monumental level of snot, tears and conspiracy theories to follow. I'll then tune into Sportsound to listen to all the pundits dissolve into fits of tears.

Do not f**k this up Motherwell!!!!

It will always be in the minds of the Well players that they have a two goal lead and that will make them more defensive in general. Rangers know they have to get the first goal and that will make them more attacking - so it should be a very interesting game tactically.

One thing is for sure Rangers will have to play 100% better to have any chance.

I'll then tune into Sportsound to listen to all the pundits dissolve into fits of tears.

Do not f**k this up Motherwell!!!!

Welcome to my world! I will be bricking it until the final whistle.

Just hope we can get our players fit. It would a shame if we lose out coz of injuries. (see, getting excuses in already).

COYW.

At 3-0 it seemed all but done but that late goal makes feel real nervy though. Thing being is Rangers seem to lack a decent forward and most their goals appear to come from midfield. Shut down Law and/or Vukicic and you'll probably shut them out.

Motherwell to go 1 up after 10minutes, 35th minute a blatant Rangers dive results in a penalty for them and two Motherwell players sent off for protesting, one being Long the keeper. Rangers capitilse on this and score just before half time.

Second half is wave after wave of Rangers pressure which in the 85th minute results in a goal. In the 12th minute of injury time a solo run by Ainsworth starting from his own 18 yard line, tears apart the Rangers defense and he nutmegs Bell to score. Scenes of celebration erupt. Ref consults linesman and goal given offside..........closely followed by blowing for full time.

Just run at the rangers defence. They can't handle that.

Sadly neither can we, but we have better options up front.

What teams defence can handle players running at them?

Look at the Rangers team though - some of these players were really good once. Wallace and Law were brutal last night and whatever happened Templeton?

There was no great mystery about why Rangers were on top of us in the last 10 mins last night - we were fucking knackered. Erwin, who had been dragging them all over the place was out on his feet and should probably have been off earlier, Pearo and Hammel, 2 of our top men had gone off and Lasley was looking gubbed. Given the efforts that went before, I can live with it - but as this game has the potential for extra time, we need to be a bit more savvy.

Interesting wee snippet in the pre-match presser that Laing was mentioning he is out of contract at Forest and was looking to move permanently, which I'd take very happily...

Disagree and it would concern me if after 75 mins Motherwell were 'Knackered' after resting most of their players last week compared to the amount of matches Rangers have played in recent weeks.

Rangers were on top for the last 20 mins not 10 as Motherwell well and truly parked the bus and rightly so and also Rangers brought on 3 fresh offensive players!

Baraclough comfortably outclassed McCall tactically and I can see that happening again. Rangers have no option but to go for it, and their defence is criminally show which obviously plays into our hands.

If Rangers score early it could be a long long 90 minutes but at the same time I'm confident that we'll be able to put a few past them.

Absolutely Baraclough got it spot on for 95 mins. For the first 70 mins McCall got it wrong!

Either Mohsni or "Jig" will be in for McGregor, mind.

:lol:

May be not if McCall goes 3/5 at the back. I think this is a possibility. I would do this!

That's if all the players are fit from Thursday night and that may not be the case!

I'm going to pass on saying "we can't f**k this up" because we most certainly can.

Hopefully Pearson is fit, he was superb on Thursday. Play the same way again and I'm confident we will score.

Absolutely bricking it though. I can't deny it. As for Baraclough, all will be forgiven if he can pull a victory out of the bag here.

Just run at the rangers defence. They can't handle that.

Sadly neither can we, but we have better options up front.

Look at the Rangers team though - some of these players were really good once. Wallace and Law were brutal last night and whatever happened Templeton?

He's been going through a bad spell.

CCLECjNW4AA6HsE.jpg

Hope Motherwell can do it (obviously) but should they be relegated them it will clearly be because 'Pearo' is a fucking atrocious nickname. Genuinely an utter disgrace

Archived