Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Killie didn't do a really bad thing and keep Rangers down though - so this is different obviously.

It was probably the 15th pitch invasion since it started against Dunfermline in the late 90's (including one against Celtic where there was goading AND a comedy arse kicking of a celtic player) - so no idea why this one is different...

I want to know what the police are doing about it.

Incident room set up?

Still images of all the pitch invaders splashed all over the papers seeking information on their identities?

Interim banning orders until they appear in court?

Naw?

The Cammy-Flap at Magic Johnson's goal has rightfully grabbed all the attention, but I feel it takes away from him utterly sending Lee McCulloch home with a stepover during his run. Fantastic stuff.

Matched only by him doing the same to Nicky Law in the first leg. Could have happened to two nicer guys.

There's no doubt a non-conspiracy based explanation for all of this - but why the huge delay in making this decision and why was it trailed in the papers 3 days ago?

No idea about the delay but I think the news story was off the back of Cockwomble having been asked about it at a press conference or such and he had given some sort of wittering to that effect.

No idea about the delay but I think the news story was off the back of Cockwomble having been asked about it at a press conference or such and he had given some sort of wittering to that effect.

It just seems very convenient/odd that he was asked about in an interview on the Monday and we're charged on the Thursday given that they have had all summer to "investigate". It may be because there is a planned SPFL board meeting this week and there was press to go along with that but it just seems odd..

It just seems very convenient/odd that he was asked about in an interview on the Monday and we're charged on the Thursday given that they have had all summer to "investigate". It may be because there is a planned SPFL board meeting this week and there was press to go along with that but it just seems odd..

Yeah, I suppose. The charge being announced 2 days after Doncaster vaguely says "yes it's a match we're looking at" does seem at odds with the 2 months they've had to look at it. Having said that there was a ton of other press that seemed to come from the same interviews ie: play-off funding, league cup stuff.

Archived