Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very late to this party but the two legs are up there with the best two non-AFC games I've watched, the second leg especially. The way Motherwell were written off before a ball was kicked by the weegia made me want them to win even more. The fact that it was so utterly easy in the end was fantastic, "that" goal is something I'll never tire of watching.

Sorry StandFree, you'll need to be more specific. There's six goals that i'll never tire of watching...

I think Ainsworth's at Ibrox is still my favourite. Everything about it is just perfect.

Pearson winning it and just hammering forward.

Ainsworth's movement.

Erwin's pass.

Ainsworth's strike.

Ainsworth's celebration.

On the TV coverage as well, there was a wee cut to Baraclough and he's doing one of those 'almost laughing because this is so unlikely' smiles, then catching himself to get instructions out.

Brilliant, brilliant goal.

I think Ainsworth's at Ibrox is still my favourite. Everything about it is just perfect.

Pearson winning it and just hammering forward.

Ainsworth's movement.

Erwin's pass.

Ainsworth's strike.

Ainsworth's celebration.

On the TV coverage as well, there was a wee cut to Baraclough and he's doing one of those 'almost laughing because this is so unlikely' smiles, then catching himself to get instructions out.

Brilliant, brilliant goal.

Love that bit too - he just remembered the "no smug-face" rule of management when you're pumping the other team :) The third goal at Ibrox is my favourite of the tie also for all the reasons that you list and the half-second pause from the ball ripping into the back of the net and the bedlam starting...

Love that bit too - he just remembered the "no smug-face" rule of management when you're pumping the other team :) The third goal at Ibrox is my favourite of the tie also for all the reasons that you list and the half-second pause from the ball ripping into the back of the net and the bedlam starting...

Possibly the best feeling at the football. Where everyone just has to make sure it's actually gone in before celebration mode engages.

Really looking forward to these games. Gonna go down the bookies and put a wad of notes on Motherwell winning the tie 5-1 on aggregate.

Take it to the bank folks.

p22098157.jpg1-finger.jpg

(Ooops can't count lol)

I'll always think of the 6-6 Hibs game for that when the Duke scored the best goal I've ever seen.

There was almost a silence, only punctuated by the solid thud of boot to ball. Silence. That *thwack* as the ball cracked the side netting. A micro-second of silence. Then pandemonium.

I'll always think of the 6-6 Hibs game for that when the Duke scored the best goal I've ever seen.

There was almost a silence, only punctuated by the solid thud of boot to ball. Silence. That *thwack* as the ball cracked the side netting. A micro-second of silence. Then pandemonium.

I heard NASA had to investigate the sonic boom from that shot to make sure it wasn't a UFO.

Archived