Petrofac Cup - Take 4 - 2015/16

An excuse that won't really work given that we have lost 6 of the players who started at Ibrox in the last game plus 2 of the subs.

I couldn't exactly use Hibs as an example in a cup competition, so I see you lot as the most dangerous team.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're wrong about that. In the last set of financial accounts the staff costs totalled £14.7m. ("staff")

In that same set of accounts, which you have even referred to in your post, it clearly states the first team wage to turnover ratio is 26%. The non-first team players may have added another 5%-10% but it obviously proves the players should have been easily affordable.

Eh ?, could you please explain why the club will have to have an overspend next season of £19 million thereabout to equal the operational costs the company that runs the club allowed the club to chew through £45 million the season past ?

Seriously Pundit, don't go by the clubs/companies released accounts ffs, these are most certainly been manipulated to appear far much better than things really are.

Think about it ?, £15 million for facilities and then add your £14.7 million and you get short of £30 million but here this season you have had loans and unpaid loans in the interim totalling £11 million and the other non recurring monies from the wee share issue and Commonwealth games of £4.3 million. That's the shortfall to equal the season past operational costs and stands at around £45 million.

If the facilities are costing the club £15 million then where the fcuk did the other £30 million go to ? Players, managers and BoD's wages and bonuses ?, somewhere else ?

Your turnover to players wages is way way off, the staffing costs at the club are on a 1 on 1 of revenue generated and the players must be sitting around easily 70% plus. This is what the club spent to get instant promotion and would have covered that overspend this season with the extra revenue generated in the Premiership, your club went for broke.

Eh ?, could you please explain why the club will have to have an overspend next season of £19 million thereabout to equal the operational costs the company that runs the club allowed the club to chew through £45 million the season past ?

Seriously Pundit, don't go by the clubs/companies released accounts ffs, these are most certainly been manipulated to appear far much better than things really are.

Think about it ?, £15 million for facilities and then add your £14.7 million and you get short of £30 million but here this season you have had loans and unpaid loans in the interim totalling £11 million and the other non recurring monies from the wee share issue and Commonwealth games of £4.3 million. That's the shortfall to equal the season past operational costs and stands at around £45 million.

If the facilities are costing the club £15 million then where the fcuk did the other £30 million go to ? Players, managers and BoD's wages and bonuses ?, somewhere else ?

Your turnover to players wages is way way off, the staffing costs at the club are on a 1 on 1 of revenue generated and the players must be sitting around easily 70% plus. This is what the club spent to get instant promotion and would have covered that overspend this season with the extra revenue generated in the Premiership, your club went for broke.

So I've not to believe the financial accounts....... yet part of your argument was based on the financial accounts?.... :)

I'm guessing I've to believe daft anti-Rangers bloggers instead?...... Which is where you seem to be getting your info on Rangers' finances.

The fact of the matter is this, neither you, me, anti-Rangers bloggers, the Daily Record or anyone else know how much Rangers will spend next season. All we know is Dave King said Rangers will "overspend" to get to the Premiership and that Warburton has been guaranteed a budget to sign players which he is happy with.

Does that mean Rangers should try to win the Challenge Cup?... Definitely not. They are glorified friendly games. Nothing more.

So I've not to believe the financial accounts....... yet part of your argument was based on the financial accounts?.... :)

I'm guessing I've to believe daft anti-Rangers bloggers instead?...... Which is where you seem to be getting your info on Rangers' finances.

The fact of the matter is this, neither you, me, anti-Rangers bloggers, the Daily Record or anyone else know how much Rangers will spend next season. All we know is Dave King said Rangers will "overspend" to get to the Premiership and that Warburton has been guaranteed a budget to sign players which he is happy with.

Does that mean Rangers should try to win the Challenge Cup?... Definitely not. They are glorified friendly games. Nothing more.

You can be fucking certain The Rangers have manipulated the accounts, they will have done some creative and nifty number crunching.

So you claim that no one will know what The Rangers will spend next year ?, thus maybe so but there is most definitely going to be an "overspend" in 8 figures easily if The Mad King actually does spend remotely close too than they did season past.

Bit in bold ?, if The Rangers do not win the Challenge Cup it will the biggest embarrassment ever. Do not underestimate it's value, it is the easiest cup competition The Rangers will ever have entered into with a total players budget exceeding the whole combined players wages of all the clubs they will face.

The simple fact is the club cannot be sustained on running an annual deficit of £13 million indefinitely. It has to post a profit at some point in the future and I do not see that happening any time soon.

Might be wrong, but I think Falkirk have done the league & diddy Diddy cup double twice, from their four wins? At considerably less expense than the Tribute Act.

Queen of the south done the challenge cup 2nd div double not long ago and the certainly have a smaller budget and playing staff number.

• 2 weeks later...

Surely if the whole of Scottish footballs a masonic conspiracy as most Celtic fans think, wouldn't we have gotten an easier tie?

Aw diddums, didn't you get the memo who's controlling the game these days ?

29e16ch.gif

Is it just me or does anyone else sing sarcasticaly the Champions league theme everytime they here Rangers and the petrofac cup?....The Petrooooofaaaaaaaaacccc!

I don't know about you but I keep envisaging "The magic roundabout".

At least our fans dont blame it on a conspiracy like you lot its because our players were

b7ewwl.jpg

You don't want me to use the advanced search function do you ?, No8. will look so fooking stoopid and so will Tedi. :)

Archived