Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mostly media, a few hearts types, greenies, some players/ex players etc..

Tbh when he was with us i always felt that Davie weir made him look better than he was and in the games against us i wasn't that impressed.

I reckon some influence has came from Weir for this signing.

That could well be true with regards the Weir influence, both on and off the pitch. I'd forgotten they'd played together tbh.

We've scammed Bosnian pensioners and Belarussian orphans and got away with it, we'll do what we want. 8)

Srsly, what I read may well be a load of pish; but the main thing is Danny Wilson is not a Heart of Midlothian player.

Let's not forget all those charities we shafted too.

What a terrific club we are.

For those saying "hahaha GIRUY enjoy the seethe glorious seethe and wallow!!!! he's amazin and its only cos hes off to rangers that hes shite now"

I posted, when he was linked with Rangers*, that I was sure I'd seen most Hearts fans saying that they would be more upset to see Ozturk leave than Wilson (but also, tbf, that he's an improvement on Mohsni and McCulloch + free and obviously keen to go to Rangers*, so it makes sense in terms of him probably being the best Rangers* can get these days)

A quick look for the word "wilson" on the Hearts thread brings up these, from before he was linked with Rangers*, from a fairly wide selection of Hearts fans and from about the time he announced he'd be leaving:

Another thing that Webster has in common with Wilson is that he often plays with a demeanour that suggests almost total detachment/indifference.

Try and imagine Virgil Van Dijk without the pace, strength or skills and you've got Danny Wilson.

Would have rather seen him gone for some money but pretty happy to see Wilson leave, absolutely not a captain and Ozturk showed him up a bit this season in terms of defensive abilities.

He's an arsehole, so would fit in very well in hoops.

Bit annoying if he leaves for free but he should be fairly easily replaced.

Hopefully get a captain with some leadership qualities now.

(the next few are all from about April too, have to do this due to the quote limit:)
AberdeenBud:

Wilson was shite in the Premiership.

Perhaps he's had a fantastic season but I think you guys could do better.

Paranoid Android:

Danny Wilson wants out, right enough.

Spoke briefly to Adam Eckersley in McLeod Street today - helluva nice guy, and clearly gutted to be leaving - I'm gutted Adam's leaving too.

Not too bothered about the Wilson thing.

Elixir:

"You forgot about his trademark shanks into the channels."

Egg Shen:

"Never a captain."

Jamie Thomas:

"Sign him now - we won't be sorry."

smirkinggreggwallace.gif

Those comments from Hearts fans were made after Wilson said he was leaving though, so naturally they'd be bitter.

We're not all Rangers fans who turn into bitter seething messes when things don't go our way.

I was actually impressed with Wilson, wasn't very vocal when I seen him for a captain but his defensive play was good. Only thing that pissed me off was even when hearts were 3-0 up with five minutes to go etc.. He was time wasting and in the first game at the recs vs hearts it was 0-0 till late on yet he was time wasting all game.

Those comments from Hearts fans were made after Wilson said he was leaving though, so naturally they'd be bitter.

Oh ffs rattled.

post-52759-14350049116823_thumb.jpg

We're not all Rangers fans who turn into bitter seething messes when things don't go our way.

Neither are most Rangers fans.

But it would be foolish to deny a portion of fans turn on players who want to leave the club.

Hrhm.

A good few of those comments should be setting some alarm bells ringing (esp. a lack of leadership + nonchalant attitude a la Andy Webster given how his Rangers career went), even if you think every single one is just being bitter.

edit: and it makes bennet's claim that he was "too good for rangers a few weeks ago, now he's signing for us he's shite blah blah blah" look like the nonsense it is.

A good few of those comments should be setting some alarm bells ringing (esp. a lack of leadership + nonchalant attitude a la Andy Webster given how his Rangers career went), even if you think every single one is just being bitter.

Webster had a series of injury problems at Rangers so I don't think the two are comparable. His characteristics never played a part in the failure of his Rangers career.

Wilson's "lack of leadership" won't be an issue at Rangers. He's 23 and he's not being brought in to captain the side. He probably should never have been made Hearts captain at 21 in the first place. A captain should be in his late 20's or into his 30's.

He never seemed disinterested at Rangers. Then again, he was playing for Rangers, not representing a Hearts team in the Premiership with squad morale at an all time low followed by a stint in the Championship thinking to himself "I should be at a better club than this" :)

I would be underwhelmed if we signed Wilson. He's certainly not a signing that I'd pish my pants about to the level the Rangers fans are doing.

Although we're not a Championship team.

I would be underwhelmed if we signed Wilson. He's certainly not a signing that I'd pish my pants about to the level the Rangers fans are doing.

Although we're not a Championship team.

How much for that Kingsley lad?

Archived