Rangers Transfer Thread - 2015/16

Lets be honest, the biggest issue at Rangers wasn't the player's abilities - it was the culture at the club which was encouraged by Ally McCoist and his 'coaching team'. Yes, certain players allowed themselves to be engrossed in said culture and that was detrimental to their immediate careers, but I'd be surprised if more than one or two of the released players didn't go on to have good seasons at their new clubs.

As for Waghorn and Tavernier, if they were signing for most Scottish Premiership teams plenty would be foaming at the geesh and saying what good signings they were. I have my doubts over whether Rangers should be paying that sort of money for players, but that's not the point.

The Championship next season will be tight, and should be a crackin' watch. As it stands, I'd fancy Hibs to scrape the title, Rangers to finish second and then a battle between St Mirren and QoS for third.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate Murray and he knew what he was doing. One crook to another

So you realise Whyte was just trying to make a quick buck out of the utter crooked mess Murray had left the club in.

Lets be honest, the biggest issue at Rangers wasn't the player's abilities - it was the culture at the club which was encouraged by Ally McCoist and his 'coaching team'. but I'd be surprised if more than one or two of the released players didn't go on to have good seasons at their new clubs.

You're saying this to justify your man-love for Krissy Boyd.
Without doubt we released 'quality'. I suspect this will bite our arse but I don't have any regrets wrt the players we released. They did not cut the mustard.

As for Waghorn and Tavernier, if they were signing for most Scottish Premiership teams plenty would be foaming at the geesh and saying what good signings they were.

Wheesht. You'll get drummed oot Club Diddy for not not toeing the party line.

You're saying this to justify your man-love for Krissy Boyd.

Pffft. I don't have to justify my man-love for Boydy. 88 goals in 126 games for a complete diddy team? :wub:

Without doubt we released 'quality'. I suspect this will bite our arse but I don't have any regrets wrt the players we released. They did not cut the mustard.Wheesht.

They all were sought after before they went to Rangers, and I believe most will do well now. It didn't work out at Ibrox for whatever reason, whether it be their own laziness and comfort or the club's mentality, but that shouldn't mean their careers are done. Only a moron would think that.

Wheesht. You'll get drummed oot Club Diddy for not not toeing the party line.

'Club Diddy' sounds shite anyway. Unless it was a real club called that... Then we'd talk.

Wouldn't mind a couple of bids going in for vaulks and sibbald to be honest ;)

Have you just woken up or is BankieBear a reactivated old alternate account?

You seem to be posting 8 times as much as you bothered to since you joined a year and a half ago.

Pffft. I don't have to justify my man-love for Boydy. 88 goals in 126 games for a complete diddy team? :wub:

They all were sought after before they went to Rangers, and I believe most will do well now. It didn't work out at Ibrox for whatever reason, whether it be their own laziness and comfort or the club's mentality, but that shouldn't mean their careers are done. Only a moron would think that.

We ruined Boydy last season like we ruined a few other good players.

I hope he bangs in a fair few goals for you. I suspect he will. He'll also miss a fair few. What was that commentary after Sally came back from his leg break?, "McCoist missing like he's never been away"?

It's the devil on a one-touch-striker's back.

We ruined Boydy last season like we ruined a few other good players.

I hope he bangs in a fair few goals for you. I suspect he will. He'll also miss a fair few. What was that commentary after Sally came back from his leg break?, "McCoist missing like he's never been away"?

It's the devil on a one-touch-striker's back.

Agreed. I said something similar on another thread.

Boyd has always, and will always, miss plenty of chances. The problem at Rangers was that he had a bad game or two, and was dropped. His confidence was then shattered, and he struggled to regain that. The same won't happen at Killie, and I fancy him to do quite well next season.

I can indeed confirm QLP's lifetime membership to the diddy club has been revoked pending investigation into alleged 'not toeing the party line' references.

I would like to use my right to appeal. You'll hear from my QC.

The QC is donning his wig as we speak. Expect his opening remarks to run to at least 8 paragraphs of dross.

Expect, too, that his peroration will include the phrase, "Pish-stained tears". He's never really understood the difference between that and "Tear-stained pish".

He's cheap, though. That will appeal to you diddies ;)

I was just about to post:

• Nae c**t has heard of them and they are from the dregs of the English 3rd tier

this collection of lower English league rejects... yummy :thumsup2

Oh the plastics. Just how dull and predictable are you?

Martin Waghorn is potentially an excellent signing. Saw him at Leicester and he was one of the Championship s best strikers for a season.

Lets be honest, the biggest issue at Rangers wasn't the player's abilities - it was the culture at the club which was encouraged by Ally McCoist and his 'coaching team'. Yes, certain players allowed themselves to be engrossed in said culture and that was detrimental to their immediate careers, but I'd be surprised if more than one or two of the released players didn't go on to have good seasons at their new clubs.

As for Waghorn and Tavernier, if they were signing for most Scottish Premiership teams plenty would be foaming at the geesh and saying what good signings they were. I have my doubts over whether Rangers should be paying that sort of money for players, but that's not the point.

The Championship next season will be tight, and should be a crackin' watch. As it stands, I'd fancy Hibs to scrape the title, Rangers to finish second and then a battle between St Mirren and QoS for third.

Absolutely the coaching was disgusting tbh. It's refreshing to actually have a coach that knows what he's doing and can improve players. I'm glad we have released the dross of last season. They may go on to be good for other teams but just couldn't do it at Rangers, admittedly a lot down to ally.

I'm very optimistic about the new season. Think Rangers can do what Hearts done last season

Archived