Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you move down south to follow Nishy as well?

Yes but Hartlepool is not too far from Scotland anyway (max 3 hours drive from Fife even though I drove slowly too save petrol). Obviously I could not go to see games so often but Nishy got MOM after he scored so many when I was watching the game _ it was one of the happiest day as a supporter.

In reality if Nish was to go there's no money to replace him and no one at the club to replace him

I also believe we will stay up which IMO was the realistic goal for the season and not the optimistic target about a top 4 place.

At the end of the day I have seen enough to suggest if we can keep our first 11 injury free then we can be closer to the top than the bottom this season.

The league table doesn't lie. We are just pish under Nish.

Get Nish to f**k and bring toorie into the managers position. At least he'll have us showing belief and some fight.

I know you hate Nishy (and me) but can I suggest you if I can teach you English without using F word for every posts? :lol:

Defence needs to be sorted. Watching the highlights of the game yesterday and even the basics are wrong. The header from the corner a prime example. Adamson and Armstrong aren't as good as they used to be (confidence?) and El-Zuabdi doesn't seem to be as good as we had hoped.

If they can work hard on not conceding goals then we'll be okay. If we come up against any team with fast passing attacking football we're conceding for fun. We do better at home on the narrow pitch as there is less space for the opponents to play into.

I know you hate Nishy (and me) but can I suggest you if I can teach you English without using F word for every posts? :lol:

I don't hate either of you lmao. I just think Nish is out of his depth as a manager and should leave and/or be sacked before he relegates us.

In reality if Nish was to go there's no money to replace him and no one at the club to replace him

I also believe we will stay up which IMO was the realistic goal for the season and not the optimistic target about a top 4 place.

At the end of the day I have seen enough to suggest if we can keep our first 11 injury free then we can be closer to the top than the bottom this season.

'Keeping our first 11 injury free'

This is almost a dream at the end of the rainbow, it never quite happens, certainly not regularly.

It's October and kenny and chopper haven't been fit for what, a year now? And how are we going to have our best team when someone is sent off most weeks, our red card record is disgraceful.

It's not very often a manager recovers once he loses the backing of the fans. If it was a tough gig for Nish when he took the job, it's a whole lot tougher now.

We have a small budget so we are unlikely to have better football players than pars, Ayr etc. surely this means the manager has to look at how the team can compete with limited resources. So organisation, fitness, discipline, team togetherness, work rate, character, defiance of the underdog, a difficult to break down shape when not in possession.

We don't seem to have any of these on the pitch looking at the game as a fan.

And we are now in October! ????

As a matter of simple justice, Colin Nish deserves more time to turn this around. As a rookie manager, he inherited a difficult gig. He is having to learn the hard way on the job. There are some good players in this squad, and the injuries/red cards are taking their toll. No one will be hurting more than CN - apart from anything else his managerial prospects depend on how he does at CP. The manager and the team deserve our support. Call off the dogs of war, support the team and review the situation in December.

He was a poor signing

Enough said

I said last Sept JN should have been sacked

IMO 4th still a possibility

But we need 2 act soon

I would take 4th bottom just now if you offered me it never mind 4th! We need to stay up this season. Don't want to think about what's going to happen to the club if we're relegated.

Nish keeps sticking with a 4-2-3-1 formation when it's clear that it's not working. He did change to a 3-5-2 in the second half yesterday but that just opened us up more as Donaldson isn't a footballer and Callaghan isn't a left wing back. 1-0 down after 29 seconds is an awful start but when you go 2-0 down, you need to start making changes. If they don't work, change it again and again. Don't change it once and then stand on there with your hands on your hips hoping that it might work out.

Nish keeps sticking with a 4-2-3-1 formation when it's clear that it's not working. He did change to a 3-5-2 in the second half yesterday but that just opened us up more as Donaldson isn't a footballer and Callaghan isn't a left wing back. 1-0 down after 29 seconds is an awful start but when you go 2-0 down, you need to start making changes. If they don't work, change it again and again. Don't change it once and then stand on there with your hands on your hips hoping that it might work out.

We weren't 4-2-3-1 yesterday. Looked more defensive than that, not that it worked. Spence was isolated yesterday as no-one got worward to help him first half. Wasn't until Smith got pushed up that we asked a single question of Ayr.

We weren't 4-2-3-1 yesterday. Looked more defensive than that, not that it worked. Spence was isolated yesterday as no-one got worward to help him first half. Wasn't until Smith got pushed up that we asked a single question of Ayr.

It looked like a 4-2-3-1 to start with, with Callaghan, Miller and Smith behind Spence but Callaghan kept getting pushed further and further back and Miller was just running about everywhere without actually doing anything.

He was a poor signing

Enough said

I said last Sept JN should have been sacked

IMO 4th still a possibility

But we need 2 act soon

I'm no so sure Vincent

I think we need a miracle to finish 4th. We just don't have the players, and some of the ones we think can be good are just not fit or career has gone backwards.

As a matter of simple justice, Colin Nish deserves more time to turn this around. As a rookie manager, he inherited a difficult gig. He is having to learn the hard way on the job. There are some good players in this squad, and the injuries/red cards are taking their toll. No one will be hurting more than CN - apart from anything else his managerial prospects depend on how he does at CP. The manager and the team deserve our support. Call off the dogs of war, support the team and review the situation in December.

:thumsup2 I never stop support Nishy and his team :thumsup2

Archived