Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

Rather unsurprising news to hear that Chopper has been released from his contract. Played in the 6th highest number of league games for us and was a solid player. It's a shame his fitness issues seem to have caught up with him - best of luck to him wherever he ends up (Edinburgh City anyone?)

Sad news, great player for Cowden. If his heart isn't in it any more, it's for the best.

Won't be forgotten.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re "pizzagate"

When Peterhead visited Central Park they were actually given 4 pizzas, the same as the home team get. I know because I handed them in. These are donated by Bodrum pizza in the high street, in return for advertising. They provide them every match for the home team only, but, the club asked for additional pizzas for Peterhead/Stranraer as they had a long trip. As far as I know, this has never been provided in the past , so is better than nothing imo.

What's the script with Armstrong, did he have an injury and just never get fit again? A few years back he was probably one of the best part-time centre halfs in the country.

I'm not sure but he has struggled to get fit after a mystery illness last season. He has been a great player for us and a club legend. Hopefully he can get back to full fitness and if he does someone will get a top player. Sad day.

What on earth is he on about? A significant number of lights failed, the goal line couldn't be seen from where the linesman was standing and the Peterhead keeper was dressed in an all black outfit (convenient?) At the very least he should have been given a different coloured top.

No qualms about the result, but McInally really should start acting like an adult.

Its the old defection game , to take the attention away from their floodlight problem he has dragged things up about us which funny enough he never mentioned to the media at the time, probably because we had the audacity to complain about it - quite sure if our floodlights went out he would be the first one to complain.

Its the old defection game , to take the attention away from their floodlight problem he has dragged things up about us which funny enough he never mentioned to the media at the time, probably because we had the audacity to complain about it - quite sure if our floodlights went out he would be the first one to complain.

Should be forced to replay both affected games for him being a c**t IMO.

Got to say. Legend or not. Chopper chipping up like a Teletubbie and spitting the dummy out is not befitting. I don't have a problem with him being elsewhere. Sad. Because if he kept his act together we would likely be in better shape league wise.

There is no doubt Chopper is a legend for the club and we all wish him well.

However I think this is a good decision for both in the interests of the club and Chopper himself.

I said two months ago on here that the club should look at mutually agreeing to let Chopper go as his wage could be used elsewhere in the squad as it doesn't look like Chopper is going to get fit.

With that said I wish him all the best.

There is no doubt Chopper is a legend for the club and we all wish him well.

However I think this is a good decision

for both in the interests of the club and Chopper himself.

I said two months ago on here that the club should look at mutually agreeing to let Chopper go as his wage could be used elsewhere in the squad as it doesn't look like Chopper is going to get fit.

With that said I wish him all the best.

^^^^ That.

John Armstrong was a truly magnificent player and literally gave his all for cowden. He had the club at heart and took wage drops when club was in trouble a couple of times when he could have got more money elsewhere. I know his fitness issues are well documented and he has too look at that himself but a manager has to take responsibility also. Its their job to ensure all players are fit and the club is run in a professional manner and as far as I can see some of our players are not fit enough overall.

Best of luck to John he is up there with the toories/ray allans of cowden history.

Money spinner for our club if we beat Arbroath on Saturday with a lucrative tie against Rangers at Ibrox.

I don't think Nish or the team needs reminded of the financial importance of beating Arbroath or perhaps they do based on our last three performances.

If we fail to progress the writing on the wall will be extremely clear.

A small amount of fans have been putting their own cash into the club to help financially, something that shouldn't really be necessary after the teams we played last season but we all know this story. Of course the directors have put in larger amounts at various times aswell.

Now is an opportunity for the players to do their bit by beating a team 2nd bottom of the league below as of course the draw has given an opportunity to us for once to get some decent income.

Big moment in Nishs Cowden career, good luck big man.

This replay has the same feel about it as the Alloa game on the final day of last season. Both massive games with a huge amount at stake but I'm not convinced we are mentally good enough to handle the pressure. I really hope I'm wrong.

We've waited years on a draw like this. We really have to get there.

An utterly long shot here but beating Arbroath then somehow managing to fluke a draw at Ibrox would be mental. Then beat the c***s at the Fife Maracana.

An utterly long shot here but beating Arbroath then somehow managing to fluke a draw at Ibrox would be mental. Then beat the c***s at the Fife Maracana.

What medication are you on, CL? :lol:

Archived