Celtic European Campaign 2015/16

Henrik's tongue

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must be the only team in Europe to start with our two most dangerous players on the bench.

I would feel a lot better with a second goal though, but our team should be well set up to play on the break away from home. Plenty of height at the back and pace up front.

1-0 is a good enough result but that mob looked dangerous on the break, and tbh I can't see us keeping a clean sheet over there. Still think we'll go through, but Griffiths HAS to start next week

Pretty poor this isnt on TV..if this was Englands only rep in the CL it be on the BBC or SKY , which Scottish subscribers would be paying for.

Is there not an English team in the qualifiers? I guess we'll find out soon.

Deila asks for a big noisy crowd to help the team through.

Celtic fans opt to sit inside and post on here instead.

Was at the game when I was waiting on your Azerbaijani football post btw (still waiting I also note). They've got these magic things called 'phones' and 'getting a signal' in the Central belt and I decided not to bother with the pub pre-match.

Thought I called the game pretty spot on, despite my dearth of knowledge of Azerbaijani football. They were difficult to break down and moved the ball around sharply but that Reynaldo is pish (although very fast) so they're a bit toothless up front. A win to nil is definitely a good thing, gives them something to think about over there and Celtic will have more chance to get in behind in the second leg I'd imagine.

Kris Commons is by far Celtic's best attacking threat.

No surprise Comedy Deila leaves him benched.

Very harsh Commons has been injured for most of pre season and not kicked a ball in anger... No manager worth his salt would throw him in from the start in such a crucial game. Masterstroke by Delia, keep him for late on and give him a short run out and bang goal!! Inspired substitution!!

Re this not being ov tv, BT only have the rights from the group stage onwards. Qualifiers are sold on a match by match basis. BT have picked up the rights to the Man U match in the next round btw

Generally, celtic's home qualifiers have never been televised anyway while the away leg usually got picked up by the BBC. I think the only exception to this was when we got Arsenal in the play off in 2009. Sure that home leg was televised given the status of the opposition?

Next Wednesday is going to be a peep through the cracks in your fingers job!

Still - At least we have a slender advantage. Could have been worse I suppose. Please start Leigh Griffiths next week, Ronny.

Must be the only team in Europe to start with our two most dangerous players on the bench.

I would feel a lot better with a second goal though, but our team should be well set up to play on the break away from home. Plenty of height at the back and pace up front.

As someone else has said, Commons has been injured and missed most of pre season. Was never likely to be thrown straight in. Read that Griffiths wasn't 100%, had toothache the night before, didn't sleep and spent half the day at the dentist getting treatment, which is why he wasn't in the starting 11.

OK result for Celtic, anything to nil at home in Europe is a positive. Qarabag rarely concede looking at their recent European fixtures, but they rarely score as well. You would think there will be chances on the break over there, and Celtic have decent pace up front which should exploit that.

Hopefully Aberdeen can get a similar result tonight.

Archived