ADL 2015/16

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow some amount of pish on this. Darvel have came from almost closing the doors to promotion contenders so that's a good enough achievement. As for winning the league I would love that but not sure as this looks to be a more competitive league than last season. Every team seems to have strengthened so I'm really looking forward to this season.

Have you seen girvan play im1988, like previous poster said, teams like girvan muirkirk annbank kello have all strenghtened squads and ardeer and irvine vics have not lost alot of players, darvel have had a very good pre season despite the hurlford score and will be a good side, i would guess the league will be won with a lower points total than other years as all teams will be capable of taking points off each other.

Have you seen girvan play im1988, like previous poster said, teams like girvan muirkirk annbank kello have all strenghtened squads and ardeer and irvine vics have not lost alot of players, darvel have had a very good pre season despite the hurlford score and will be a good side, i would guess the league will be won with a lower points total than other years as all teams will be capable of taking points off each other.

Not doubting the fact there a number of teams who are very capable of winning the league but i offered my opinion based on knowledge of the team, the manager snd a number of the players brought in.

Girvan have strengthened with players used to playing and competing in a higher league and mixed with fresh young faces (quality) who will be hungry to make a name in the game at this level.

Regardless of who wins, will be a great season.

What's everyone's thoughts for Wednesday nights Ardagh cup games? For Muirkirk I hope they take heart from the display against Lugar despite the 3-3 score line they were on top for lengthy spells going 3-1 up. It was refreshing to see both teams fielding a host of young players and it was entertaining. Would have liked to have seen the Talbot v glenafton game though.

What's everyone's thoughts for Wednesday nights Ardagh cup games? For Muirkirk I hope they take heart from the display against Lugar despite the 3-3 score line they were on top for lengthy spells going 3-1 up. It was refreshing to see both teams fielding a host of young players and it was entertaining. Would have liked to have seen the Talbot v glenafton game though.

good things up at muirkirk and lugar,good luck in the adl,hope the boys can handle some of the physical stuff that they will need to deal with,there are some big boys out there.

Took in Girvan/Annbank game tonight as we play them on Saturday. Looked a very young Girvan team and there wasn't much in it tbh apart from 3 goals in a 15-20 min spell which changed the game. Didn't know Robert Paterson was back at Girvan either? Was a always a handful for defenders whenever he played with the Vic's.

I wouldn't give them the ADL favourite tag like everyone else has and I'm more than confident we can get a win on Saturday.

This Saturday's opening day fixtures.

Annbank Utd v Irvine Victoria F.C.

Ardeer Thistle F.C v Whitletts Victoria F.C.

Craigmark Burntonians F.C v Dalry Thistle F.C.

Saltcoats Victoria F.C v Kello Rovers F.C.

Lugar Boswell Thistle F.C v Girvan F.C.

Muirkirk Juniors F.C v

Darvel Juniors F.C.

Some interesting games this weekend to open up the league campaign. I'm very confident of going up to Ardeer to get a victory after our demolition of the league "favourites" with a make shift team last Saturday.

I'll go:

Irvine Vic's win.

Whitletts win.

Draw.

Kello win.

Draw.

Draw.

Archived