ADL 2015/16

Watching all the talk about Ardeer but I have heard that all is not good down there way, some of the players mentioned have not signed let alone trained,, and as for Holden signing for us got help us he his slower than Steish , and by all accounts cost Ardeer plenty goals last season
Which ones haven't signed?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching all the talk about Ardeer but I have heard that all is not good down there way, some of the players mentioned have not signed let alone trained,, and as for Holden signing for us got help us he his slower than Steish , and by all accounts cost Ardeer plenty goals last season

Have ye seen me trying tae beat the rush at half time for a drink?

In all seriousness, av never seen a post from you backing any of our players. You always seem to focus on the negatives. Why not harness your energy into actually supporting what we have?

• 2 weeks later...

So when do the betting odds come out for the ADL then? Very competitive league and I think we're in with a great shout of promotion this season. Balfour n O'Connor arguably the best strike partnership in the league. Bring on the new season.

Ayr Victoria who have you s signed for the new season?

Few teams in with a shout. The vics, ardeer and Girvan

How did Girvan look last night? I think thy could be my pick with the maybole players thy have signed.

How did Girvan look last night? I think thy could be my pick with the maybole players thy have signed.

Girvan and Darvel to go up. Whitletts third with Ardeer and Vics fighting midtable.

Girvan looked decent last nite ,didn't start playing till went two nil down but after they scored were pressing hard for equaliser and brown had few good saves,hurlford broke away and got penalty with ten mins to go to settle hard fought game.

Girvan looked decent last nite ,didn't start playing till went two nil down but after they scored were pressing hard for equaliser and brown had few good saves,hurlford broke away and got penalty with ten mins to go to settle hard fought game.

That sounds incredibly similar to Glencairn v Hurlford last Saturday. Hurlford 2-0 up inside 20 minutes, Glens pull it back to 2-1 and press for an equaliser, only for Hurlford to score a last-minute penalty. Same scoreline and everything.

So when do the betting odds come out for the ADL then? Very competitive league and I think we're in with a great shout of promotion this season. Balfour n O'Connor arguably the best strike partnership in the league. Bring on the new season.

Whittlets looked good going forward against Port Glasgow last night and with Balfour you have a top striker but still think you have work to do defensively if you want to get promoted this season. I think Port had the better of the chances in the game.

We've lost big shoogs, Ricky Harvey, Lovey, and Martin Reynolds(maybe). We've signed Callum Hercus and David Mathieson who are good young defenders and one of Rikki's ex prodigy's Chris Black who's a good young midfielder. We hope to add a few more before league starts but just wait and see.

The league will be very tough but I'm quietly confident that we can get promoted this year.

That sounds incredibly similar to Glencairn v Hurlford last Saturday. Hurlford 2-0 up inside 20 minutes, Glens pull it back to 2-1 and press for an equaliser, only for Hurlford to score a last-minute penalty. Same scoreline and everything.

Youre right it was almost identical to Saturday's game at Toryglen albeit 5 or 6 changes to the Hurlford line up. Girvan look to have a decent squad. Unfortunately Paul Cameron was missing from the line up but good luck to him and Girvan for the season ahead.

I thought the same when I saw you v Maybole at the start of last season and ended up losing money! Lol Seriously if we don't get promoted I hope Vic's do as I live near your park and think that the work you've put in over the last 2/3 yr deserves a reward.Best of luck to Annbank as well.Should be a good league this year.So far Ardeer have signed what look to be 4 good players,have released 3,and 2 have signed for other teams.Irvine Vic's haven't lost many from last season either so they'llbe there or thereabouts as well.

Youre right it was almost identical to Saturday's game at Toryglen albeit 5 or 6 changes to the Hurlford line up. Girvan look to have a decent squad. Unfortunately Paul Cameron was missing from the line up but good luck to him and Girvan for the season ahead.

How was Girvan on weds? Do they look like they can muster a challenge for the league/promotion?

For the last couple of years I have supported the bole I have always thought ayr Victoria was full of shite! Whitletts has great potential but supporters like him just talk shite. Mon the bole this year in the super league

I'm merely asking The Ford what he thinks of Girvan!?

I did take in the game and thought Girvan did well in spells. Was Hurlford at full strength? That's why I'm asking.

Talk about witch hunt guys.

From what I saw of Girvan I think they could do well in the league this season. I know there was at least 1 player missing from the Girvan line up (Paul Cameron) but they looked threatening when pushing forward. We were without a few players who would normally start. So in that respect we weren't at full strength.

From what I saw of Girvan I think they could do well in the league this season. I know there was at least 1 player missing from the Girvan line up (Paul Cameron) but they looked threatening when pushing forward. We were without a few players who would normally start. So in that respect we weren't at full strength.

I think they might come close, can see it being Irvine Vics and Ardeer again though.

So the odds are out... Girvan (7/4) favourites with Darvel(4/1) second favourites.

Speaking personally, I'll be backing the Vale. However, think Irvine Vics may win the league again (said this with bitterness, dislike of the Vics).

Whitletts, won't be close - depend far too much on Balfour. Defence and keeper = shite.

Underdogs are Annbank and Saltcoats, they won't battle for promotion but will win their fair share of games.

Ardeer, don't have a clue what to expect. Who have they signed? Who have they lost? Hard place to go and sure they'll be somewhere about the top 5.

Rest of the teams will battle for the lower places, undecided on who will come last. Craigmark and Muirkirk both have the potential to be the whipping boys.

Ah well, my round up and opinion has been shared. More than likely all a load of bollocks but hey ho, part of what PnB is.

Cheers.

Archived