The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

Former Ton player Jimmy Frizzell passed away at 79 years old :(

I am sure Jimmy was the manager of Oldham when we played them in the Anglo / Scottish cup at the start of the 80's.

I am sure Jimmy was the manager of Oldham when we played them in the Anglo / Scottish cup at the start of the 80's.

Would have been. Left about 84/85 to assist Billy McNeill at Man City and took over when McNeill left for Aston Villa.

Gillian Donaldson resigns as CEO.

Excellent news.

Superb scenes, whoever's suddenly started pulling strings in the boardroom (post-kit disaster) is definitely pushing us in the right direction.

Could do with a few more players, mind...

Edited by tonnitus

I think you'll find that the issue is that the 'makeshift' squad playing is the one we'll pretty much have for the start of the season, minus the latest set of crap ringers, rather than the friendly itself.

Duffy should have a competent looking side with some squad depth already, prior to later signings being brought in. We don't have that and therefore risk bombing in the League Cup.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

He piled it on over the summer?

Looked that way. Thought I was perhaps just seeing things, but if someone else is agreeing then it's probably the case.

John scullion is a disgrace. Should be told the get his boots and get to f**k. For any pro footballer to be in that shape is not acceptable

Was that the #12 that came on upfront? Some waist line.