The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

What is tony Wallace like he has signed for east Fife was he good at Morton when he was there

I wouldn't expect many good reviews on here. He came through Dumbartons youth set up and played a handful of games at right midfield for us in the second half of the season (mainly as a sub). We had a couple of injuries and he was used in the play-offs where he had 2 great games and Morton subsequently signed him. They bizarrely seemed to play him as a striker for a lot of the time before getting rid of him.

He had potential about 4 years ago as a midfielder, no idea what he's like now. He was a worker for us, up and down the wing. Not technically gifted but a fairly decent tackler.  I think our play-off win over Airdrie (at Airdrie, 4-1 to Sons) from 2012 is on Youtube, that's probably the best performance Tony has ever turned in.

What is tony Wallace like he has signed for east Fife was he good at Morton when he was there

He was gash for us.

Will be interesting to see if he makes any sort of impact at you boys!

I wouldn't expect many good reviews on here. He came through Dumbartons youth set up and played a handful of games at right midfield for us in the second half of the season (mainly as a sub). We had a couple of injuries and he was used in the play-offs where he had 2 great games and Morton subsequently signed him. They bizarrely seemed to play him as a striker for a lot of the time before getting rid of him.

He had potential about 4 years ago as a midfielder, no idea what he's like now. He was a worker for us, up and down the wing. Not technically gifted but a fairly decent tackler. I think our play-off win over Airdrie (at Airdrie, 4-1 to Sons) from 2012 is on Youtube, that's probably the best performance Tony has ever turned in.

He wasn't played up front with us. He was played at either right mid or centre mid, and was equally pish in both.

I'm reasonably sure that we played him up front at least once during the 2013-14 season. Bear in mind that we started that season with Kabba Modou Cham up front., went through Garry O'Connor and Nacho Novo, and finished with Rowan Vine. A lot of things happened. 

Wallace is an utterly dreadful player, but East Fife did seem to be Kyle Wilkie's natural level in the pub league last season. I wouldn't be confident that either would thrive even in the utterly garbage standard of the seaside league, but who knows. 

Wallace's sole redeeming feature in his spell at Morton being, of course, the pass he played for Archie Campbell at the piggery, whose run was then stopped by Efe Ambrose juggling the ball in the penalty box. That is Wallace's worthy footnote in the history books.