The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Alright guys? Just checking it hadn't gone unnoticed that we've now surpassed your points total for last season. 

I'll pop back in a few games' time when we've beaten your best ever total in a 10-team second tier.

Some turnaround for you c***s. Fair play to Ross. He's done a fantastic job.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

True enough. Sod the league: beating us once, in August. That's the real quiz.

Decent win for you guys yesterday, though. Utter scenes if you and Livi haul in the Arabs. 

Not wanting to get too carried away just yet. We are Morton, after all. :) 

Just now, Mr.Blue said:

Some turnaround for you c***s. Fair play to Ross. He's done a fantastic job.

Agreed. Whilst it was amusing what almost happened to them last season, I’ve got nothing but respect for their current position and can only hope that one day we will be in the same position!!!

41 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Only 1500 odd at the game yesterday...that's a tad disconcerting.

they have no idea how many were in ground because the turnstiles don't work. Much more than stated. 

Edited by macca937

True enough. Sod the league: beating us once, in August. That's the real quiz.
Decent win for you guys yesterday, though. Utter scenes if you and Livi haul in the Arabs. 

Morton are most definitely the Ayr United of your rivalry aren’t they?

Agreed. Whilst it was amusing what almost happened to them last season, I’ve got nothing but respect for their current position and can only hope that one day we will be in the same position!!!

Not sure all Saints fans would agree but i hope you will be come May.

Nothing would make me happier than if you lot sailed up via the playoffs leaving Dundee Utd to suck up another year in the Championship.

The cherry on top would be Ross (nae fans) County and Dundee pass us by on the way up.

9 minutes ago, The Champions Erect said:

Not sure all Saints fans would agree but i hope you will be come May.

Nothing would make me happier than if you lot sailed up via the playoffs leaving Dundee Utd to suck up another year in the Championship.

The cherry on top would be Ross (nae fans) County and Dundee pass us by on the way up.

Why Dundee?

Why Dundee?

Partick and Hamilton are good wee away days. Close to us and bring no bad support.

Dont think anyone else other than these will be involved at the bottom.

Edit to add: For yourselves should you go up. Id imagine only Killie and St Johnstone wouldnt fill your away end. Good for income. Will give you a good excuse to fire that stand up too [emoji6]

15 minutes ago, The Champions Erect said:

Partick and Hamilton are good wee away days. Close to us and bring no bad support.

Dont think anyone else other than these will be involved at the bottom.

Edit to add: For yourselves should you go up. Id imagine only Killie and St Johnstone wouldnt fill your away end. Good for income. Will give you a good excuse to fire that stand up too emoji6.png

You didn’t fill our away end.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Is Quitongo capable to make the step up to the Premiership?

If he gets more consistent with goals & performances then yes. He single handedly tore Accies & Killie apart last season in the league cup games but hasn’t quite found that level of performance this season. He’ll most likely leave us at the end of the season and I’d much prefer for the sake of his career that he goes up to a team in the league above rather than rotting on a bench down south.