The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Why would Lewis Strapp lie about this? He has a new start in Finland so the only reason he would tell his story is to put the record straight. 

There's no reason he would decide to concoct a bunch of lies at the start of his new career.

He's only one of a series of academy players who've been released, who've then told how they were blanked then reased by Imrie with no explanation given. He tries to keep one or two token academy players on to pretend he's interested in them, but it always ends the same way.

I met some people from Hamilton at the Euros who know Dougie and his family, and I wouldn't repeat what they said as it was far worse than anything I said to get me banned from the Morton Forum. However they confirmed he has a massive chip on his shoulder about the start of his own career and his attitude to our academy players would be completely in step with his persona.

As I've said before, I feel this is the only real flaw in his management style, but for me it's a major one that I can't keep silent on.

Strapp doesn’t need to lie. If everything he said in that article is 100% true, he’s the one who comes out of it looking bitter, deluded and unprofessional. 

And if you’re going to make up that story, you may as well fully commit and let us know what the imaginary people said to you. Your previous fantasies were so much more detailed. 

1 hour ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Why would Lewis Strapp lie about this? He has a new start in Finland so the only reason he would tell his story is to put the record straight. 

There's no reason he would decide to concoct a bunch of lies at the start of his new career.

He's only one of a series of academy players who've been released, who've then told how they were blanked then reased by Imrie with no explanation given. He tries to keep one or two token academy players on to pretend he's interested in them, but it always ends the same way.

I met some people from Hamilton at the Euros who know Dougie and his family, and I wouldn't repeat what they said as it was far worse than anything I said to get me banned from the Morton Forum. However they confirmed he has a massive chip on his shoulder about the start of his own career and his attitude to our academy players would be completely in step with his persona.

As I've said before, I feel this is the only real flaw in his management style, but for me it's a major one that I can't keep silent on.

Was this colleagues from your playing days in Holland? You fucking fantasist. 

2 hours ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

What do you mean 'I can't keep silent on'? Of course you can yet you choose at every possible opportunity and at great length to post tittle tattle the only function of which is to undermine faith in the manager. 

It is childish, tedious and boring.

Time to move on.

Main takeaway from that for me was he had absolutely no intention of staying this season, regardless of the offer on the table.

Him and his mate made a song and dance about the poor offer on socials yet he's now saying he didn't stick around to listen to how much it actually was and his mind was made up anyway.

Still don't really know why Strapp and Imrie didn't get on but doubt that will ever come out.

Time to move on, we've got a title push to focus on!

57 minutes ago, madton said:

Main takeaway from that for me was he had absolutely no intention of staying this season, regardless of the offer on the table.

Him and his mate made a song and dance about the poor offer on socials yet he's now saying he didn't stick around to listen to how much it actually was and his mind was made up anyway.

Still don't really know why Strapp and Imrie didn't get on but doubt that will ever come out.

Time to move on, we've got a title push to focus on!

Indeed. It's sad the way it has ended with Lewis as he was a fine player for us, and I wish him well in Finland and wherever he ends up after that, but he's now part of our history.

18 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Bearne provided an assist for our winning goal literally 7 days ago. 

So did 'Frankie Deane' last season in non-competitive kickabouts; it demonstrates nothing about an ability to perform at Championship level. 

15 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Surely if Imrie was as bad as @DreamOakTree1 makes out then Strapp wouldn’t have signed on for Morton again last season? 

Yeah or even have bothered offering him a new contract admittedly on reduced terms.

From the outside looking in there's no doubt in my mind who Morton fans would rather have at their club out of the two.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Surely if Imrie was as bad as @DreamOakTree1 makes out then Strapp wouldn’t have signed on for Morton again last season? 

Strapp is a lifelong Ton fan so would’ve signed on for his love of Morton over his dislike of Imrie, which as you all know would pale into insignificance in comaparison. Could you imagine Allan McGraw, Benny Rooney or Hal Stewart treating a Morton stalwart who is also a fan in that manner? 
I get the remarks about Lewis being disrespectful or unprofessional, but is there no place at Cappielow any more for a loyal academy player?

Lewis Strapp in the same sentence as genuine legends, jeezy peeps. 

If he had any credible offer on the table he would’ve been off way before now, that’s obvious. I don’t think he comes across well in that article, petty attitude which achieves nothing. 

5 hours ago, Vril said:

I’m pretty sure he made more appearances than either of them 🤔 

Because one has chocolate hamstrings and the other literally chucked it halfway through the season. And 'appearances' is doing some heavy lifting considering that Bearne started just 4 (four) league matches. 

Unless Bearne has developed significantly then he won't be seeing more game time with our current options in those areas, and if that continues then I predict that he'll be out the door in January. He's in the exact same position as Garrity was last season - who of course took that final opportunity to break into the team. 

4 minutes ago, mcintyre_gmfc said:

Lewis Strapp in the same sentence as genuine legends, jeezy peeps. 

If he had any credible offer on the table he would’ve been off way before now, that’s obvious. I don’t think he comes across well in that article, petty attitude which achieves nothing. 

Don’t you mean Imrie in the same sentence as managerial legends?

3 hours ago, Chicken Soup said:

Strapp doesn’t need to lie. If everything he said in that article is 100% true, he’s the one who comes out of it looking bitter, deluded and unprofessional. 

And if you’re going to make up that story, you may as well fully commit and let us know what the imaginary people said to you. Your previous fantasies were so much more detailed. 

Okay I’ll bite! They said he and his family in Hamilton are commonly known as absolute reprobates.

I disagree totally with that description of Dougie in case you’re trying to set me up for another ban.

1 minute ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Okay I’ll bite! They said he and his family in Hamilton are commonly known as absolute reprobates.

I disagree totally with that description of Dougie in case you’re trying to set me up for another ban.

That was in answer to Chicken Soup!

15 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

I get the remarks about Lewis being disrespectful or unprofessional, but is there no place at Cappielow any more for a loyal academy player?

Why should Academy players be given special treatment? None of us know the reason why Dougie and Lewis didn't see eye to eye with one another, but I'm 100% certain it had absolutely nothing to do with him being a product of the Academy. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

And yet, a Killie fan with no axe to grind said on here that he heard exactly the opposite from folk who live in Hamilton. And you're a proven fantasist, so I know who I'm more likely to believe.

Edited by cet homme charmant

11 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

He’s held in high regard by the majority of Morton and Hamilton fans. It seems extremely unlikely that the only Morton fan who spews enough hatred of him online to actually be banned from a fans forum, would randomly bump into one of a minority of Hamilton fans who had even worse things to say. Among 200,000 estimated Scots in Germany, fate must’ve brought you together. 

45 minutes ago, virginton said:

So did 'Frankie Deane' last season in non-competitive kickabouts; it demonstrates nothing about an ability to perform at Championship level. 

No, but it’s something his direct competitors for a starting berth failed to do in that match. So it does demonstrate something about which players deserve to start in the cup games while the squad still has gaps. 

I agree he’ll have to have improved to feature more this season, but I think that’s possible. He’s a young player with very little senior football experience who’s now had a season to adapt and improve. We should have a better version of him in our squad this season. And I think the new style suits him better so the challenge is now his to earn some starts.