League Cup 1st round

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've not been allowed to make any changes for three seasons I think I'm right in saying?

I don't see why that should apply to something as minor as this. They've changed other things e.g. number of substitutes, squad numbers, format and rules of reserve/U19/U20 leagues, order of playoff final legs, trialists in Petrofac R1, administration punishments, playoff cash levy, etc.

In what way does it or would it "theoretically devalue the competition"? If the bottom 28 played in R1, and proceeded to join the 10 remaining non-Euro clubs in R2, then the 4 Euro clubs in R3, I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid.

Incidentally Ian Blair of SPFL admits the Hearts situation is daft in today's Scotsman, blames SFL.

In that the coverage of the first round would be much less prominent if Hearts and Hibs weren't involved therefore less valuable to sponsors. Obviously Rangers are a draw this year but it is an exceptional circumstance. I don't think it is a particularly strong argument but it seems to be the only reason

Bang on the button I thought !!

Aye we all know your big team Hedgey after you were outed.

Shame this tie wasnt away as Peterhead Social Club reminds me of The Grapes bar in the late 80s

Archived