Scott Allan

Take a look at the Hibs team in 2006 and the rotten Old Firm teams that won the next few titles.

Hibs had a cracking team but I hope you enjoy your big empty stand and players who Dinnae want to be there.

Falkirk fans talking about big empty stands, topper :lol:

Generally there's not much point in keeping players who don't want to be there anymore, especially when you get offered good money for them. What happens after that is a different story so not sure what your point is regarding the OF winning titles.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apart from the impracticality of it, the Hibs would've been winning titles if they didn't sell players thing is complete bollocks.

Anyone who actually thinks this, feel free to post a match report from your lifetime where the Hibs starting 11 would be good enough to win the league, even if all the players involved were hypothetically at the peak of their abilities.

So Scotty Allan then?

We get a commendable fee for him that matches his value from any club other than Rangers then he can go.

Whilst I don't condone the messages sent to him on Twitter, I have lost pretty much all respect for him

You sold a team of potential champions to buy an empty stand and a bunch of players 1/4 as good.

Didn't realise as Hibs fans you were more interested in the bank balance than the product on the pitch.

Hibs fans are weird

ETA although I would love a 4th stand we certainly don't need 1 and I don't want to encourage more OF fans when they visit.

This is truly ironic coming from a fan of a team that sells its best players every chance it gets. A wee visit to the Falkirk thread shows you all bitching and moaning that you have money but no decent players.

Was it 2006 that Hibs had that team full of youth-produced talent?! Fucking hell, time really gets away from you.

Can any Hibs fans shed some light on why there hasn't been the same or even similar level of output from their youth academy? Was it just a 'golden generation' or have things changed behind the scenes?

Some real (relatively) top talents produced there.

Was it 2006 that Hibs had that team full of youth-produced talent?! Fucking hell, time really gets away from you.

Can any Hibs fans shed some light on why there hasn't been the same or even similar level of output from their youth academy? Was it just a 'golden generation' or have things changed behind the scenes?

Some real (relatively) top talents produced there.

John Park left for Celtic in 2007. He was mostly the one that helped some of the talent we had.

There do seem to be two very different extreme financial strategies being employed within Scottish football.

You have option A, the 'spend spend spend' route. Success will bring in additional income and we'll balance the books with that later. Then someone will come in and invest millions. We can always have a CVA and pay back 7 pence in the pound. Failing that, 0p in the pound. Failing that, liquidation and Newco. End up like Dunfermline, Dundee, Livingston, Rangers. Lengthy periods of shiteness.

And option B, the 'sustainability' route. We'll sell players, upgrade infrastructure (facilities/stadium/training ground) and get the debt down. We'll stick to the budget and live within our means. End up like Hibs, Falkirk, St Mirren. Lengthy periods of shiteness.

There are some exceptions of course, such as Inverness and St Johnstone spending minute amounts and having pretty good success. Or Hearts performing outrageous financial cheatery for years and getting away pretty unscathed.

I'm not totally sure of the point I'm trying to make here, but the long term future of the club is what's most important and I'd much rather we stuck with Option B.

Shut up Murray.

That's not nice. He's just one of your fellow Hibs fans who thinks if Allan doesn't want to be there then the club would be better off selling him.

An opinion very common amongst those involved in football, as it happens.

Hibs fans pretending to love Rod P. Exactly the same pretend love for Stevenson. Kiddy on club with fans that don't back the team. No wonder Scott wants to leave.

Rod has absolutely nothing to do with this, it's all Stubbs & Dempster

You sold a team of potential champions to buy an empty stand and a bunch of players 1/4 as good.

Didn't realise as Hibs fans you were more interested in the bank balance than the product on the pitch.

Hibs fans are weird

ETA although I would love a 4th stand we certainly don't need 1 and I don't want to encourage more OF fans when they visit.

This.

So Petrie is a hero all of a sudden. Hibs are in the second tier for the second season running FFS! Sure, compared to the mess we had as Hearts your debts aren't as bad and you've got yon big stand. When though was ER last sold out? Where's the success on the pitch? Where's all the talent pouring out of East Mains?

LIke other posters have said, you could've had a serious team a few years ago but you blew it.

Rod has absolutely nothing to do with this, it's all Stubbs & Dempster

This is more like it. Was starting to think that Petrie had gone from lynch-mob target #1 to hero.

Archived