Scottish Cup 2015/2016

When was the last time a club win the Scottish Cup two seasons in a row?

Rangers 07-08 and 08-09

Last non Old Firm team to win it back to back was Aberdeen when they won it 3 times in a row in the early 80's

Was in the SFA statement about McRae becoming the new president.

Crichton, Stirling Uni and Lothian Thistle Hutchie Vale are three I can think of to have qualified that way (the winners have otherwise been Full Members, and Stirling Uni eventually gained that). Seems like someone at the SFA is clueless. Shocker eh?

Rangers 07-08 and 08-09

Last non Old Firm team to win it back to back was Aberdeen when they won it 3 times in a row in the early 80's

Only non Old Firm team to win it in succession/three times other than Queens Park and Vale of Leven.

Surprisingly, Celtic, despite winning it the most often, have never won it three times in succession.

As Cmontheloknow says the East of Scotland and South of Scotland league champions have been entitled to qualify since 2007-08, when the Scottish Cup was made "all-in" and the winners of the 3 Junior Regions and the Scottish Junior Cup were allowed to qualify too. Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale qualified last season and this season, and before that Crichton and Stirling University also did so.

But it wouldn't surprise me if the media moguls at the SFA barely know what the EOS and SOS leagues are.

Admitting the Amateur Cup winner is new. Current holders are Harestanes from Kirkintilloch.

Criteria to host ties are actually very minimal, IIRC, in contrast to the criteria to join the SFA. Roped-off pitch and certain requirements regarding the pavilion.

If incompliant/unavailable you're supposed to move ties to the "nearest ground of an SFA member club of at least equivalent capacity", IIRC.

I recall Crichton couldn't use Hospital Park.

Only non Old Firm team to win it in succession/three times other than Queens Park and Vale of Leven.

Surprisingly, Celtic, despite winning it the most often, have never won it three times in succession.

Aberdeen won it in 82, 83 and 84.

I play football on the astro next to where Harestanes Amateurs play, and have to agree with RobRoyGuy, theres no way in hell they can play a Scottish cup tie at their home, just a shame for the town of Kirkintilloch that Adamslie (Rob Roys old ground) isnt in use anymore or they couldve played there.

Still cant believe the pub team so close to where I live are in the senior Scottish Cup! hibeejibee, do they play in the qualifying round or are they straight into R1?

I play football on the astro next to where Harestanes Amateurs play, and have to agree with RobRoyGuy, theres no way in hell they can play a Scottish cup tie at their home, just a shame for the town of Kirkintilloch that Adamslie (Rob Roys old ground) isnt in use anymore or they couldve played there.

Still cant believe the pub team so close to where I live are in the senior Scottish Cup! hibeejibee, do they play in the qualifying round or are they straight into R1?

'Pub team' a little disrespectful - they have players who have appeared at a decent level throughout the team. The pub teams don't enter the Scottish Amateur Cup.

Archived