Who will be the next Rangers manager?

Who will be the next Rangers manager  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I do enjoy a good laugh and Dickie Gough's column in today's Sun, provides plenty. What planet is he on??? Has anyone told Dickie that the club are currently the 15th best team in Scotland....lol

THE next Rangers manager will have to sign at least eight players to rebuild his squad.

But the top three on my list would be Scott Allan, Nadir Ciftci and Haris Vuckic.

Quality not quantity, thats what Dave King wants to see arriving at Ibrox this summer.

Those three players would instantly lift the squad and immediately put Rangers in a stronger position.

Allan, Ciftci and Vuckic all have the talent to make a real impression at the club for the next few years.

Crucially, they are also at an age 23, 23 and 22 that they will all develop and get even better.

Rangers could get two or three years out of them and then sell them on for a profit. Thats how modern football works.

Allan is top class. He stood out a mile for Hibs last season and would revel in the spotlight at Ibrox.

He runs games and would get better playing under more pressure. He doesnt lack confidence and Rangers could build the midfield around him.

Getting him from Hibs would also weaken the clubs main promotion rivals a double bonus.

Theres no doubt the Easter Road side would dig their heels in and demand a decent fee but, with a year left on his deal, Allan wouldnt cost a fortune.

In the long run, the investment would be worthwhile as he would be key to getting Rangers promotion.

And hed have no problem operating in the Premiership. He could do so with ease.

Likewise, Ciftci has already shown he can cut it at the highest level in Scotland and would be a hit at Ibrox

Judging by Dundee Uniteds statement this week, they are ready to cash in on him.

Chances are, you could get the striker for a knockdown fee.

Yes, he has baggage. His alleged bite on Dundees Jim McAlister could yet see him hit with a ban for the start of the season. But if I was the Rangers boss, I wouldnt let that put me off.

Okay, there have been some problems with Ciftci off the pitch, but hes hardly Gazza.

If you can keep him on the straight and narrow, what an asset the lad would be. Strong, powerful and with an eye for goal, he would be ideal for Rangers.

Vuckic is another who would be on my shopping list. He didnt do himself justice in the play-off games against Motherwell but he showed enough during his loan to suggest he could be a key player. Looking at the way he celebrated all those goals at the end of the season, the Slovenian appeared to be loving life at Ibrox.

So why not sign him up for a few years? He might cost a few quid but he knows the club and would hit the ground running.

Apart from those three, a new keeper should be the priority for the incoming Rangers manager.

Cammy Bell had a hard time with injury last season and is a decent man to have in the squad. But Ive always felt a real top-class keeper is key for Rangers and that stems back to my days.

I played with the likes of Andy Goram and Chris Woods. Both were outstanding. They were followed by Stefan Klos and Allan McGregor.

Rangers wont get anyone as good as that right now, but it is an area of the team that can be improved.

Next should be a dominant centre-half, someone who can organise a defence and offer a real solid platform. They dont grow on trees, but this is one area where you can maybe afford to go for experience.

Go and get someone who has been around the block at a decent level and can really lead a younger Rangers team.

By and large, the club should be looking for potential in their signings. At the very least, they should be battling for the best youngsters in Scotland.

A few have slipped through the net in the last few years.

Guys like Andy Robertson, Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean could have been snapped up for buttons. They werent, though that was probably down to circumstances off the field at the club and the lack of a proper scouting system.

There are no excuses for that now. Once the manager is appointed, a chief scout should follow quickly to ensure those kind of players arent missed.

And if they aim for guys the standard of Allan, Ciftci and Vuckic, Rangers will progress as a club.

I wouldnt be surprised if all the prospective managers have these three on their radar if they get the gig. If not, they should have.

But once the main man is in place, my guess is Rangers are in for a very busy summer.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do enjoy a good laugh and Dickie Gough's column in today's Sun, provides plenty. What planet is he on??? Has anyone told Dickie that the club are currently the 15th best team in Scotland....lol

THE next Rangers manager will have to sign at least eight players to rebuild his squad.

But the top three on my list would be Scott Allan, Nadir Ciftci and Haris Vuckic.

Quality not quantity, thats what Dave King wants to see arriving at Ibrox this summer.

Those three players would instantly lift the squad and immediately put Rangers in a stronger position.

Allan, Ciftci and Vuckic all have the talent to make a real impression at the club for the next few years.

Crucially, they are also at an age 23, 23 and 22 that they will all develop and get even better.

Rangers could get two or three years out of them and then sell them on for a profit. Thats how modern football works.

Allan is top class. He stood out a mile for Hibs last season and would revel in the spotlight at Ibrox.

He runs games and would get better playing under more pressure. He doesnt lack confidence and Rangers could build the midfield around him.

Getting him from Hibs would also weaken the clubs main promotion rivals a double bonus.

Theres no doubt the Easter Road side would dig their heels in and demand a decent fee but, with a year left on his deal, Allan wouldnt cost a fortune.

In the long run, the investment would be worthwhile as he would be key to getting Rangers promotion.

And hed have no problem operating in the Premiership. He could do so with ease.

Likewise, Ciftci has already shown he can cut it at the highest level in Scotland and would be a hit at Ibrox

Judging by Dundee Uniteds statement this week, they are ready to cash in on him.

Chances are, you could get the striker for a knockdown fee.

Yes, he has baggage. His alleged bite on Dundees Jim McAlister could yet see him hit with a ban for the start of the season. But if I was the Rangers boss, I wouldnt let that put me off.

Okay, there have been some problems with Ciftci off the pitch, but hes hardly Gazza.

If you can keep him on the straight and narrow, what an asset the lad would be. Strong, powerful and with an eye for goal, he would be ideal for Rangers.

Vuckic is another who would be on my shopping list. He didnt do himself justice in the play-off games against Motherwell but he showed enough during his loan to suggest he could be a key player. Looking at the way he celebrated all those goals at the end of the season, the Slovenian appeared to be loving life at Ibrox.

So why not sign him up for a few years? He might cost a few quid but he knows the club and would hit the ground running.

Apart from those three, a new keeper should be the priority for the incoming Rangers manager.

Cammy Bell had a hard time with injury last season and is a decent man to have in the squad. But Ive always felt a real top-class keeper is key for Rangers and that stems back to my days.

I played with the likes of Andy Goram and Chris Woods. Both were outstanding. They were followed by Stefan Klos and Allan McGregor.

Rangers wont get anyone as good as that right now, but it is an area of the team that can be improved.

Next should be a dominant centre-half, someone who can organise a defence and offer a real solid platform. They dont grow on trees, but this is one area where you can maybe afford to go for experience.

Go and get someone who has been around the block at a decent level and can really lead a younger Rangers team.

By and large, the club should be looking for potential in their signings. At the very least, they should be battling for the best youngsters in Scotland.

A few have slipped through the net in the last few years.

Guys like Andy Robertson, Graeme Shinnie and Kenny McLean could have been snapped up for buttons. They werent, though that was probably down to circumstances off the field at the club and the lack of a proper scouting system.

There are no excuses for that now. Once the manager is appointed, a chief scout should follow quickly to ensure those kind of players arent missed.

And if they aim for guys the standard of Allan, Ciftci and Vuckic, Rangers will progress as a club.

I wouldnt be surprised if all the prospective managers have these three on their radar if they get the gig. If not, they should have.

But once the main man is in place, my guess is Rangers are in for a very busy summer.

"Buttons", something that's in short supply in Govan nowadays.

Shinnie's brother didn't get a chance at Rangers, why would he?

• 5 months later...

Archived