Elgin City 2015/16 Thread

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently we're signing the following on loan....

Greg Pascazio (Rangers)

Mark Hurst (St Johnstone)

Liam Gordon (St Johnstone)

George Hunter (St Johnstone)[/quot]does anyone know what position they play?

Hunters tipped for massive things, and we had to fight off the likes of Hearts, Hibs and Rangers for him. Hoping he can have a similar time in this league as May, although thats maybe a big ask.

Hurst is a goalkeeper whos been called up for the Scotland u21 side, and looks promising, similar stage of his career as Zander Clark was when he joined you lot on loan.

Not sure about Gordon, but he played a couple of times for Hearts and should be able to play at this level.

I used to play against Georgie Hunter regularly and he certainly didn't look like he'd make it to the level he has so he must have come on a fair bit. Seemed like a decent guy and I'm really interested to see how he does at City.

Greg Pascazio (Rangers)

George Hunter (St Johnstone)

The 3 St Johnstone lads have just been confirmed. Had some encouraging reports about them from the St Johnstone fans and they play in the positions we need to strengthen most, so should be decent signings for us.

Do Elgin have a first choice goalkeeper, i.e. is Hurst likely to play? When it's not a development loan, so he can't play for Saints U20s, you'd guess so?

Hunter is going to be the interesting one. Great scoring rate at youth level with Spartans, then in the Development League, this is obviously the next step for him.

Do Elgin have a first choice goalkeeper, i.e. is Hurst likely to play? When it's not a development loan, so he can't play for Saints U20s, you'd guess so?

Hunter is going to be the interesting one. Great scoring rate at youth level with Spartans, then in the Development League, this is obviously the next step for him.

He should start.

Hurst will definitely be our first choice keeper. I read on the St Johnstone website that Hunter and Gordon will still play for the Saints Development team when possible, so I gather that this means they are development loans and that's how the clubs have got around the 2 player limit between clubs?

58. Subject to these a club shall not:-

(vi) at any time have more than three Players Scottish FA Registered with it on the basis of Standard Temporary Transfers, Emergency Temporary Transfers and Development Temporary Transfers combined from any one other Club.

Greg Pascazio (Rangers)

George Hunter (St Johnstone)

The move for Pascazio is off after he failed to impress as a trialist last week but we'll have a few other trialists involved against Hearts tomorrow night.

Hope new guys know that your season runs aug-Nov1st and mid feb tae may pending league position....

Time you lot went back to HL

:lol: :lol:

Christ, still bitter about that? It was completely beyond the club's control and they lost thousands of pounds in revenue because of it :rolleyes:

Plus, playing so many games midweek in Feb/March also knackered our playoff hopes, so it actually weakened our season rather than help keep us up.

Funny to think ten years ago Clyde finished 3rd in the First Division while we finished 8th, how different our clubs have become

Archived