Scotland Must Sees

Mon_The_Fife

Apologies if there is already a thread on here. I'm living in New Zealand now and heading back to Scotland late November with my Kiwi ladyfriend, who has never been to Scotland. Just trying to think of the must see places I need to take her within the 20 days we are back visiting for.

Anyone recommend any must see tourist attractions for a first timer? I will probably see more of Scotland with her than the time I've actually spent back home.

Bayview is obviously a must though, can't beat a Saturday afternoon there at the start of December.

You could even push the boat out for a pub lunch at the Crusoe!

Queens View at Tummel Bridge. Victoria was supposed to have said that it was the most beautiful part of her empire, tell her it beats Huntly Power Station but only just ;)

I'd normally do the "take her up the Trossachs" joke, but I seriously doubt that a Kiwi would be terribly impressed by a few hills and lochs.

Maybe a trip round the East End of Glasgow? Pretty sure she'll never have seen anything like it.

Oh aye, if yer coming up, can you bring me some perky nanas please?

Will pay you for them, cheers!

What are they? Never even heard of them. Surely better than pineapple chunks though. My auntie lives in Lundin Links so the Crusoe is a cert.

Depends what your looking to see, Glasgow and Edinburgh are the obvious answers for the easy touristy stuff. Loads of museums etcs to see in both the cities.

Big fan of Stirling castle, would recommend it if your wanting to go the historic route.

I've shown folk about Fife, doing the tourist bit. Falkland Hill is a great place to take her up to and show where places are.

Dura Den which is off the back road to St Andrews, just along from the place that flooded, there's a wee waterfall. You nee. A car to get to it, but it's a beautiful wee spot.

I would take her to places that mean something to you as well as the tourist hot spots. Do remember what or where the happy places were, days out with the folks down the beach type of thing, I'm sure she will love them as much as you do.

Where in New Zealand. i would usually recommend a trip round the highlands but our mountains and lochs are a bit shit compared to new zealand.

Culloden is a good day out and easy enough to add on Loch Ness from there. Stirling castle is good but dont be tempted with Bannockburn it is utterly shite.

If you want to go a bit further afield Lewis and Harris are good for a day or two, nice drive to get there if you go via Skye. Visit Calanish and Carloway and the Blackhouses.

Around Fife the East Neuk is really nice, i recommend getting a lobster at Crail Harbour and if you putt at the himalayas at west sands you can say you played golf at st andrews.

I've shown folk about Fife, doing the tourist bit. Falkland Hill is a great place to take her up to and show where places are.

Dura Den which is off the back road to St Andrews, just along from the place that flooded, there's a wee waterfall. You nee. A car to get to it, but it's a beautiful wee spot.

I would take her to places that mean something to you as well as the tourist hot spots. Do remember what or where the happy places were, days out with the folks down the beach type of thing, I'm sure she will love them as much as you do.

I couldn't put that many euphemisms in if I'd tried,

I know I already ruled out the Trossachs, but take her to the Woolen Mill in Aberfoyle and get some guid haggis or stovies down her. They're usually got plenty of sheep to feed too; she'll not have seen them before.

Archived