Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are United the dullest team to watch in the Premier League? The sad thing is they'll probably finish at least fourth in the final league table this season.

If they can get a quality forward in then there should be more threat. Defence weak but their current forward line is awful, especially with Rooney in such miserable form.

Defence was never tested tonight at all. Thought Smalling looked very comfortable. More concerning going forward, pedro could offer some dynamism.

Scottish > English games when it comes to entertainment this season.

That's three EPL games i have watched which have all been boring 1-0's.

Got to agree. I've seen 6 EPL games this season and the only remotely decent one was Chelsea v Swansea, although West Brom v Man City was okay up until City went 2-0 up, but then the game was effectively over. I've seen a couple from the Championship which had a single goal between them, plus two League Cup games which were awful watches. I'm not one to bang on about English Football being overrated as you do get some cracking matches, but that's 10-12 games I've seen this season and I can comfortably say I enjoyed one of them.

Scottish Football throws up some utter shite at times as well, but the games I've seen on TV so far have been very good IMO. Hopefully it keeps it up.

Deadly dull game tonight but comfortable win for ManU.

Still players to get up to speed and Rooney surely can`t continue to be as poor as he was tonight.

New guy at RB is class and new signings in midfield will be fine. Pedro would be a great addition.

Even without any further additions they will be comfortably top 4.

Spend quarter of a billion pounds and make the team worse than Moyes'?

Farce.

Definitely worse than the Moyes side IMO, they could have done with putting over 90 crosses on to a 6'7" opposition centre half's head before struggling to a draw.

Hard to judge after two games but it seems pretty obvious that defensively they have made big improvements, the right back looks excellent the left back is fit but more importantly the quality of the midfield is so much greater that they are less exposed, this is why I don't feel that the goal keeper is going to be as important for them as is being made out.

The problem comes in the final third, there is a clear lack of pace in there. Depay looks fine to me but is very young and make a big step up. Mata, two passes aside was awful last night and Rooney looked like he hasn't had a pre season looking back to his very pub player worst.

I've never been that sure on how good Pedro is but if I was at United I'd sign him in a second simply for his pace and movement. I'd also Have Herrera in my team as much as possible, such a fine player who lifts the tempo of the side massively when he plays.

All the that said they've played two games had three shots and looked pretty comfortable whilst doing so, if they can improve the forward third they should improve again this year.

Archived