Premier League 2015-16

• Replies 12.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its probably nothing to do with today whatsoever but wasnt there an uproar during the week with regards a training exercise with a possible terror attack in Manchester train station?

The training exercise was at the Trafford shopping centre,

I remember as a young child i told an even younger child to phone the fire brigade as a prank. I then panicked when multiple fire engines showed up and hid between the back and front seats of my dad's car hoping not to be found (I was).

I get the feeling that someone somewhere from a training company in the Manchester area is currently hiding in the back of their dad's car.

Its probably nothing to do with today whatsoever but wasnt there an uproar during the week with regards a training exercise with a possible terror attack in Manchester train station?

Just checked, it was the Trafford Centre. Strange coincedence?

There's were a few of these exercises going on last week. The furore was due to the guy playing the suicide bomber in the Trafford Centre shouted Allahu Akbar before setting the charge off. Some muslim groups weren't happy and of course it's been made a mountain out of a molehill. With today's farce it's obviously been a successful week.

United to blame too though. Grounds are meant to be thoroughly searched before they're opened to the public so it doesn't say too much for the security once over they gave OT.

'Recruitment'...this seems to have slipped in under the radar as the latest management speak to infect football. Not as bad as 'group' but not far behind it. Loathsome.

Someone's going to get their baws well and truly toed for that one.  I know it's a bit Helen Lovejoy, but if the device had caused a panic before they got everyone out, then it could have been a lot worse.  Still, seems like a decent response from staff inside and the police. 

Was in Old Trafford with 50 kids on a school trip. Pretty scary for some of them trying to get out of the ground and back to the bus. Members of the public are total c***s. No awareness of others, especially a group of young kids all in a group.

Why are Scottish schools taking kids to English games? I've heard of this a few times.

Archived