Yet another US shooting

Hey, a British person doesn't think Americans should be able to own guns or vote. And his Dudley Do-Right Canadian sidekick is cheering him own. Shocking set of opinions!

You forgot another.....Americans shouldn't be able to breed.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 08:44, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Hey, a British person doesn't think Americans should be able to own guns or vote. And his Dudley Do-Right Canadian sidekick is cheering him own. Shocking set of opinions!

Do you have any guns?

I wonder how much of it is to do with the fact that this generation doesn't want to take the hit (no pun intended) with regards to sensible gun laws. What I mean by that is they don't want to forego the protection gun ownership affords them while the government and law enforcement agencies try to remove all the illegal fire arms in circulation.

I'm guessing that the majority of homicides involving guns are committed with unlicensed firearms?

Edited by The Equalizer
Illiterate fuckwittery

10 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Do you have any guns?

Yes. I have a .357 revolver, a shotgun, and a small .38 revolver. I rarely shoot. Maybe once or twice a year. I liked shooting when I was younger, but I suppose it's normal for interests to narrow as you get older. Sometimes I hang out with old friends who I don't see as much anymore who like to shoot as one of their main interests. It's mostly an excuse to catch up. I'd be perfectly happy to never shoot more than once every few years. I rarely carry a gun in my car, mainly because I usually leave the state at least a couple times per month and don't want to forget to remove the gun from my car. I drive a taxi and deliver food to people as my jobs so it wouldn't hurt me to have a gun just in case, but random robberies are rare and random murders are basically non-existent around here. I did carry a gun with me when I was younger and worked delivering food into bad neighborhoods. I know I'd be fine carrying a gun without ending up making a mistake in a panicky situation because I was robbed at gunpoint and knifepoint while carrying. I didn't do something stupid like start a fight to the death over a bit of money or shoot kids in the back as they ran away. Although I will say that the guys with the gun got a jump on me. Maybe if I saw them before they pointed at me I'd have pulled and opened fire. Can't say for sure I suppose.

Oh and I also have a small penis and like to look tough in pictures, so gun ownership is a must.

9 hours ago, The Equalizer said:

I wonder how much of it is to do with the fact that this generation doesn't want to take the hit (no pun intended) with regards to sensible gun laws. What I mean by that is they don't want to forego the protection gun ownership affords them while the government and law enforcement agencies try to remove all the illegal fire arms in circulation.

I'm guessing that the majority of homicides involving guns are committed with unlicensed firearms?

This is certainly part of it. There are 300 million guns in this country. Basically no one thinks the government could get them all rounded up, and most people wouldn't want the government to do what would actually be required to round them up. We have entire major cities and entire regions of major cities where the crime rate is amongst the worst in the world for non-war zones. Far worse than South Africa, or Guatemala, or wherever else you think violence is rampant. It's currently more dangerous to be a young black male in Baltimore than it was to be a US soldier in Iraq at the height of the insurgency. I think it's somewhere around double South Africa's murder rate in that city. I'm personally a believer that the reason crime stays confined to these few locations is that there's so much gun ownership in the rest of the country. We would be easy pickings if none of us had guns. I could be wrong on that, but it is what I think. And as I stated before, I doubt the government would do what's necessary to actually get all the guns out of a place like Baltimore. Their city council was recently debating what sounded like a perfectly reasonable proposal. Mandatory one year jail sentences for people caught carrying an illegal weapon. I'd personally change it to just people who had previously been convicted of a gun crime and make the sentence longer, but I'm not necessarily against the law as proposed. The local community seem pretty outraged by the proposal from the news I saw. They said the law promoted racist mass incarceration.

Edited by TheProgressiveLiberal

5 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

Yes. I have a .357 revolver, a shotgun, and a small .38 revolver. I rarely shoot. Maybe once or twice a year. I liked shooting when I was younger, but I suppose it's normal for interests to narrow as you get older. Sometimes I hang out with old friends who I don't see as much anymore who like to shoot as one of their main interests. It's mostly an excuse to catch up. I'd be perfectly happy to never shoot more than once every few years. I rarely carry a gun in my car, mainly because I usually leave the state at least a couple times per month and don't want to forget to remove the gun from my car. I drive a taxi and deliver food to people as my jobs so it wouldn't hurt me to have a gun just in case, but random robberies are rare and random murders are basically non-existent around here. I did carry a gun with me when I was younger and worked delivering food into bad neighborhoods. I know I'd be fine carrying a gun without ending up making a mistake in a panicky situation because I was robbed at gunpoint and knifepoint while carrying. I didn't do something stupid like start a fight to the death over a bit of money or shoot kids in the back as they ran away. Although I will say that the guys with the gun got a jump on me. Maybe if I saw them before they pointed at me I'd have pulled and opened fire. Can't say for sure I suppose.

Oh and I also have a small penis and like to look tough in pictures, so gun ownership is a must.

Seems harsh on what, at that point, would have been innocent bystanders. Each to their own though

6 hours ago, TheProgressiveLiberal said:

So it's wise to carry a gun in the US if you have a small penis?

How would these gun toting slingers know you have a small penis, and would they want to attack you for that reason?

Just now, ICTJohnboy said:

So it's wise to carry a gun in the US if you have a small penis?

How would these gun toting slingers know you have a small penis, and would they want to attack you for that reason?

Because you're carrying a gun?

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Do all men with small penises carry guns, and does every man who carries a gun have a small penis?

This is the conundrum that will exercise philosophers for eons.