The fall of Labour in Scotland - in their own words

Colkitto

First statement by first contributor (Ian Davidson) on the BBC website: "Behind it all was Donald Dewar who was a tremendous intellectual and social snob."

Whatever people may think of Davidson on this point he is absolutely spot on, Dewar was a man of the greatest arrogance and condescension. A man who genuinely believed that in a political party the thinking should be left to the intellectuals and the graft should be left to the 'ordinary members'.

He has no time for democratic debate within the Labour Party.

The thinking in a political party should be left to the intellectuals. The question is always who are they.

The vast majority of political activists, just as the vast majority of voters, haven't a fucking scoobie, regardless of their political inklings. Left, right, Nat, Unionist, Europhile, Europhobe, authoritarian or libertarian.

Most people are certifiable fucknuggets and pity the fools that think otherwise with their slavish dedication to democracy and what the ignorant masses want.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like the busted flush is back to word salad mode after being humiliated in a public campaign; bless.

Not to worry - Reynard once got overwhelmingly rejected and didn't turn out any worse fo... oh.

The thinking in a political party should be left to the intellectuals. The question is always who are they.

11lsv93.gif

Anyway I for one am looking forward to some more tears + snotter stained 'exclusives' from Ian Davidson, when he's spent the last god knows how long sitting on his fat arse in silence.

A party whose place in Scottish politics is forever redundant, and there's nothing at all they can do about it except wait about and die.

Looks like the busted flush is back to word salad mode after being humiliated in a public campaign; bless.

Not to worry - Reynard once got overwhelmingly rejected and didn't turn out any worse fo... oh.

^^makes absolutely certain that hell never be 'absolutely humiliated' in a public campaign by never taking part in one

First statement by first contributor (Ian Davidson) on the BBC website: "Behind it all was Donald Dewar who was a tremendous intellectual and social snob."

Whatever people may think of Davidson on this point he is absolutely spot on, Dewar was a man of the greatest arrogance and condescension. A man who genuinely believed that in a political party the thinking should be left to the intellectuals and the graft should be left to the 'ordinary members'.

I think you mean 'had' unless tonight's programme has a massively unexpected exclusive.

Yup. Dewar was a creep. Brutus Davidson right on the mark with this one, bitter as he is. :lol:

Labour want to know what's wrong? Look at the House of Lords for a start. And that's where Kezia is hoping to end up too. Gravy train suckers.

CIGBciqWcAAwQbm.jpg

Yup. Dewar was a creep. Brutus Davidson right on the mark with this one, bitter as he is. :lol:

Labour want to know what's wrong? Look at the House of Lords for a start. And that's where Kezia is hoping to end up too. Gravy train suckers.

CIGBciqWcAAwQbm.jpg

Darling and Foulkes and plenty of others wanted to abolish the place once upon a time.

And now the revere the traditions on the place.

Anyhow will be taping it tonight mainly to see who blames who. It will be a popcorn moment for me and quite a few others in the 'old guard'.

As for the continual 'how can labour come back?', I'm getting fed up of it. I hope they die, the quicker the better IMO.

The vast majority of political activists, just as the vast majority of voters, haven't a fucking scoobie, regardless of their political inklings. Left, right, Nat, Unionist, Europhile, Europhobe, authoritarian or libertarian.

Most people are certifiable fucknuggets and pity the fools that think otherwise with their slavish dedication to democracy and what the ignorant masses want.

Crikey you've turned into an angry man recently. One thing is for sure, there aren't any intellectuals in the Lib Dems. Just turncoat, lying, nasty fuckers.

I'd rather be a "certifiable fucknugget" or a member of the "ignorant masses" than have a haircut like yours though. I hope you enjoyed your brief yet humiliating moment in the sunshine.

It looks like every person in this programme is going to say, "I knew this would happen. I tried to tell them but they wouldn't listen to me. I was right".

Funny that they said absolutely f**k all during the past fifteen years though.

My own wee theory on the Scottish Parliament is that, if Labour could have had a crystal ball and seen into the future, and discovered the SNP would dominate Scottish governance, then there would have been no referendum on devolution. They saw a Scottish Parliament as an opportunity to cement Scotland as a one-party state in their favour. They didn't give a f**k about giving control back to Scotland. Remember this is the same party that fucked us over in 1979 regarding the same issue.

Crikey you've turned into an angry man recently. One thing is for sure, there aren't any intellectuals in the Lib Dems. Just turncoat, lying, nasty fuckers.

I'd rather be a "certifiable fucknugget" or a member of the "ignorant masses" than have a haircut like yours though. I hope you enjoyed your brief yet humiliating moment in the sunshine.

:lol::lol:

ooft!

1363863597925139587.GIF

Angry? Not in the slightest.

Hair can be cut. Stunted intellect is permanent.

Archived