2015/16 Europa League

Not going to happen Lichtie...what's with the hate? Did you lose a bet once?

From what I've seen on social media the past few months, West Ham fans seemed to think they're deserving of more. They're really not, similar to Nottingham Forest they've had their day and a relegation would bring them back to reality.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to happen Lichtie...what's with the hate? Did you lose a bet once?

No hate

Just would find it funny as f**k if they got relegated after treating Europe the way they have

Just wish it was Inverness your team of diddies went out to tonight instead

English clubs putting out reserve XIs in qualifying rounds having drawn the first leg? New low.

I know it won't bother West Ham but it will be pretty hilarious if something like this (and potentially similar antics from others) end-up costing them their 4th CL slot. Italy aren't that far behind and England are dividing their coefficient haul by 8 this season instead of 7 due to West Ham's low-earning, and now abruptly finished, Fair Play run.

EDIT: Infact here are the totals before tonight:

Germany - 65.606

England - 64.096

Italy - 60.272

However the Germans only had 7 entrants (all of them still in) and the Italians only 6 (all of them still in) versus England's larger 8 of whom 1 has already been eliminated. If they're out-performed by the Italians, especially in EL, could be curtains.

For context last season England scored 13.571 whereas Italy scored 19.000... a repeat of something like that would see the Italians romp home with points to spare.

Sampdoria going out already won't help though.

From what I've seen on social media the past few months, West Ham fans seemed to think they're deserving of more. They're really not, similar to Nottingham Forest they've had their day and a relegation would bring them back to reality.

Lots of WH fans are roasters...hounding out big Sam who had brought stability but what do I know I'm not on "social media".

I just like going to a few northern games a season for a whole better experience than my own teams games.

English teams in the EL are an absolute joke. I've got a feeling koeman will make sure Southampton take it seriously though.

Should be a straight knock out . Can't blame the English clubs . It is hard to take it seriously tbh . Letting champ league failures dilutes again a bad call .

A complete no mark club like West Ham not trying in Europe really is a bit silly. They can now concentrate on the league. A league in which the maximum they could ever possibly dream of achieving is....qualifying for Europe.

At the risk of getting all hashtagamf, the amount of money in the EPL means there are now about 14 clubs who seem to care about nothing but staying up. Must be a bit boring for trophy VL fans of West Ham, Newcastle etc.

A complete no mark club like West Ham not trying in Europe really is a bit silly. They can now concentrate on the league. A league in which the maximum they could ever possibly dream of achieving is....qualifying for Europe.

At the risk of getting all hashtagamf, the amount of money in the EPL means there are now about 14 clubs who seem to care about nothing but staying up. Must be a bit boring for trophy VL fans of West Ham, Newcastle etc.

West Ham have to stay up this season and they are moving to the Olympic stadium next season. The whole project is really dependent on remaining in the premier league.

Haven't seen any of the Dons game but heard they were unlucky.

Question for you all......clubs get fined for putting out "weakened sides" in the EPL, so if West Ham played the same 11 as they played last night in the league do you think they would have been fined?

Only club I remember being fined was Blackpool when they put out a weakened team midweek as they had Man U on the Saturday. Something to do with sacrificing the league cup for points.

Bilic will be out the door before Christmas, absolute NAP.

Begging for Allardyce back I reckon, it'll be a disaster if they're relegated.

Archived