Bundesliga 2023/24

11 hours ago, The OP said:

Watched Dortmund v Leipzig after the Celtic game and it was immensely entertaining. Need to make more effort to watch the Bundesliga in future.

It would be good to see Dortmund have a good season and finish a lot closer to Bayern, I did not realise they finished 29 points behind Bayern last season.

It was a good response from Dortmund after going behind after 30 seconds, I will probably look to watch a few more of their games this season along with the Bundesliga games in general. 

I thought they still looked a little suspect defensively, but still an improvement on last season. They've got plenty firepower in the forward areas and Favre's Nice were fun to watch, so they should have a better win rate against the poorer sides in the league which would see them close the gap.

Speaking of awful refereeing, did anyone see Wolfsburg-Schalke on Saturday? Nastasic got a harsh red for a high boot in a 50/50, Wolfsburg had a red downgraded to yellow which should arguably have stood and the Brooks was shown a yellow for a very similar challenge to Nastasic. Shambolic stuff which resulted in about 8 minutes added on at the end :lol:

5 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

I thought they still looked a little suspect defensively, but still an improvement on last season. They've got plenty firepower in the forward areas and Favre's Nice were fun to watch, so they should have a better win rate against the poorer sides in the league which would see them close the gap.

Speaking of awful refereeing, did anyone see Wolfsburg-Schalke on Saturday? Nastasic got a harsh red for a high boot in a 50/50, Wolfsburg had a red downgraded to yellow which should arguably have stood and the Brooks was shown a yellow for a very similar challenge to Nastasic. Shambolic stuff which resulted in about 8 minutes added on at the end :lol:

Never saw it but the commentator on one of the live games yesterday mentioned it, I can not remember if it was during the Mainz or the Dortmund game though.  

It certainly sounds like a complete shambles and not VARs finest 90 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Off to Munich for a few days in November, arriving early on a Sunday so hoping to catch a game. Turns out it's an international break, and the lower leagues are all scheduled for the Saturday. Oh well. Do they do stadium tours at the Allianz?

They do aye, went on it a couple of years ago. 

Off to Munich for a few days in November, arriving early on a Sunday so hoping to catch a game. Turns out it's an international break, and the lower leagues are all scheduled for the Saturday. Oh well. Do they do stadium tours at the Allianz?
Aye, they do English language tours every couple of hours I think and German tours every hour. Quite impressive. They have a massive beer hall/cafe you can sit and have a drink while you wait or after you're done as well IIRC.

50 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Tier 5 you‘ve got 1860 Munich II (Amateure) against the equivalent II (Amateure) from Jahn Regensburg. Think the games take place on one of the outside pitches part of 1860‘s complex in the south of Münich. (Google ‚Grünwalder Straße 114‘). 

The German version of the flashscores app. has it down as a 4pm k/o. Likely to be +/- 250 there. 

Tier 5 you‘ve got 1860 Munich II (Amateure) against the equivalent II (Amateure) from Jahn Regensburg. Think the games take place on one of the outside pitches part of 1860‘s complex in the south of Münich. (Google ‚Grünwalder Straße 114‘). 
The German version of the flashscores app. has it down as a 4pm k/o. Likely to be +/- 250 there. 
I must have missed that one when I was scouring fixtures. Will definitely look into it, cheers!

On 26.8.2018 at 20:42, Stellaboz said:

How did Osako play for Breman?

Sorry, had overlooked your question. As mentioned not the most spectacular of games withe next to no chances in the 1st half. Osako had a "chance" from a v. tight angle after about an hour. Apart from that, not a lot to report on.

The game tomorrow between Dynamo Dresden & SV Hamburg has been postponed as per a request from the head of the local Saxony govt. Reason given that they’re not able to supply sufficient police officers due to the situation in Chemnitz. 

I'm watching the Hannover v Dortmund game just now and it looks like there are away fans in all parts of the ground.

Tends to be the case whenever Bayern Munich and Dortmund play away.

11 hours ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

I'm watching the Hannover v Dortmund game just now and it looks like there are away fans in all parts of the ground.

As @Waspy says, it’s a regular occurance at all Bayern & Dortmund away games. For most of those “fans” it’s the easiest way for them to get to see their team live.

Onto the game, 1st home game of the season, floodlights and 49.000 in attendance. H96 well worth their point. Played well having plenty of posession and Dortmund on the back foot for numerous spells. Lack of bite & chances in front of goal (Harnik to Bremen / Klaus to Wolfsburg)!

4BB07187-136E-4E2B-B1CA-CA8188A45401.jpeg

9F2B21A5-0D13-4CCE-81AC-36DAD719C41E.jpeg

Next up a trip east to Celtic’s Europa League opponents RB Leipzig. 

Edited by German Jag

I presume the next batch of BL fixtures will be announced this coning week?

Going to be in Berlin in October and need the Hertha game to be Fri or Sat as I'm leaving on Sunday afternoon.

Hertha only have one home game in October and it's against freiburg on the 20th of October. There will be plenty of lower league stuff if you fancy that?

Hertha only have one home game in October and it's against freiburg on the 20th of October. There will be plenty of lower league stuff if you fancy that?
That's the weekend I'm there. The Regionalliga games don't fall too favourably with only Viktoria and Hertha U23's at home. If Hertha's first team do play Sunday, I presume the U23's will be Sat. I'll probably just do an Olympiastadion tour then go to that game