Bundesliga 2023/24

2 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

St Pauli beat Schalke 3-1, to go top equal. Schalke 1 place above the drop zone. 

Yeah, St Pauli were fantastic tonight.  I was a bit worried about the lack of goals but that is 8 in the last two games.  JoJo Eggestein going from having no role at the club to coming in from the cold and  starting in two huge wins while the team waits on Zoller getting up to speed must be giving the manager a bit of a headache.  

I'm there next Saturday for the trip to Hertha away and looking massively forward to it, last time I got over it was their 9th win in a row, this time just the 8th unbeaten in a row we are looking for.  

Totally last minute but on Monday I noticed that Ryanair still had cheap flights to Hamburg this weekend (think everyone else was trying to get to Oktoberfest) so I made another flying visit to see Hannover 96 v Weisbaden with my daughter

Pre match pints in glass tumblers in the beer garden with @German Jag. Decent game with a 31,000 crowd enjoying a home win.  Then a post match Schnitzel. What's not to like? 

If you've not had the German fußball experience, I can't recommend it highly enough. 

DSC_0606.thumb.JPG.e656f7a42ee266025dfd1296ceb91bdc.JPG

IMG-20230930-WA0020.thumb.jpg.d0f8fdaaa7432b5997ad2a828b0f7a82.jpg

IMG-20230930-WA0016.thumb.jpeg.7092d4ea41560e7332362f9faba88ffe.jpeg

BL and 2.BL fixtures out up until the start of December.

https://www.dfl.de/en/news/exact-schedule-for-bundesliga-and-bundesliga-2-matches-released/

St Pauli v H96 on a Friday night is really tempting me on my way to Georgia for the Scotland game next month.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

BL and 2.BL fixtures out up until mid December.

https://www.dfl.de/en/news/exact-schedule-for-bundesliga-and-bundesliga-2-matches-released/

St Pauli v H96 really tempting me on my way to Georgia for the Scotland game next month.

Took their time announcing the fixtures, very fan unfriendly with it being just over 3 weeks till game day 11 in the BL2.

Will be looking to go to the St. Pauli game as well.

Let me know if you want for me to try and get a ticket in the away end. The 3000 that H96 gets for the away end sell out in about 2 and a half minutes.

Just now, German Jag said:

Took their time announcing the fixtures, very fan unfriendly with it being just over 3 weeks till game day 11 in the BL2.

Will be looking to go to the St. Pauli game as well.

Let me know if you want for me to try and get a ticket in the away end. The 3000 that H96 gets for the away end sell out in about 2 and a half minutes.

Cheers mate, will let you know once I work out my plans.

On 12/10/2023 at 23:35, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Anyone know of any bars in Hamburg which will be showing Norway v Spain on Sunday?

Qualifiers are on DAZN in Germany, which every sports/Irish bar has, since it‘s also the platform that shows the Champions League games.

Ask your hotel for a recommendation. Most places will stick it on for you, unless they‘re focusing on the rugby. France v. S. Africa starts at 9.

On 15/10/2023 at 09:43, German Jag said:

Qualifiers are on DAZN in Germany, which every sports/Irish bar has, since it‘s also the platform that shows the Champions League games.

Ask your hotel for a recommendation. Most places will stick it on for you, unless they‘re focusing on the rugby. France v. S. Africa starts at 9.

Thanks. Going to try find somewhere tonight for France v Scotland. 

53 minutes ago, underdogunderdog underdog said:

Thanks. Going to try find somewhere tonight for France v Scotland. 

England against Italy at the same time, might make it a bit trickier. Both games are on the DAZN numbered channels which are also inbuilt into the SKY box which bars have.

image.thumb.png.3b3c4b48a3d8f3519a06eb0e652f8d9d.png

A pyro heavy Friday evening as H96 got their 3rd home win in a row, winning 2-1 against FC Magdeburg. 

H96 very much the dominant side, taking a deserved lead in the 11th minute through Enzo Leopold. Game should‘ve been done & dusted by half-time, but failed to convert a good half dozen chances (chances which suspended Håvard Nielsen would normally stick away).

2nd half FCM out looking for the equaliser, and eventually got one with a peach of a shot from Baris Atik. 4 minutes later, handball penalty at the other end which Cedric Teuchert scored.

Result moves H96 upto 2nd, that‘ll no doubt change wirh the Saturday/Sunday results. 

IMG_6130.jpeg

IMG_6133.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg