Bundesliga 2023/24

3 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Am I right in saying it's the last 2 weekends of the season where they play all the games in each division at the same time? Was planning on going to Hertha in the away end with Kaiserslautern but it's the 2nd last weekend which might scupper plans to do many other games.

Used to be the last 2, but is now just the final day. Game day 33 is a regular Fri/Sat aft-Sat eve/Sun round of games. 

13 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

@German Jag how far in advance are fixture dates and kick off times generally confirmed? Seem to recall it’s not as far in advance as it is in Scotland, but no idea if I’ve imagined that or not. 

First few weeks will be confirmed by 14 July 

Edit : attachment didn't load 

Screenshot_20230630_204858_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Fuctifano

21 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

@Fuctifano @Smurph , myself and others will be in Düsseldorf the weekend of Fortuna v Hannover.

Might see @German Jag for a scrap on some industrial wasteland, or a beer, whichever he prefers.

Has been marked in my Game Day 7 diary, beer is preferable.

Depending on how many 3 plus others is, should be able to muster up enough away end tickets, should you fancy the full flags and maybe a bit of pyro experience. There'll be pay at the gate for the away end as well.

Edited by German Jag

5 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Has been marked in my Game Day 7 diary, beer is preferable.

Depending on how many 3 plus others is, should be able to muster up enough away end tickets, should you fancy the full flags and maybe a bit of pyro experience. There'll be pay at the gate for the away end as well.

There are 15ish as it's s stag do (a mild mannered middle aged one!) so we'll be in the posh seats at any game we attend. Gladbach v Leipzig is 99% likely to be on the Saturday and think that would be the likely Saturday game we atttend. 

Most depart Sunday morning but a few of us are staying on until Monday. If Fortuna v Hannover is Sunday we'll likely be there.

Seen Hertha about 10 times last season. and was obvious straight away they would be relegated , go to Berlin nearly every month and have seen many games over last decade or so.   Love my german fitba and the language .   Love especially  the 3rd and fourth leagues had some brilliant weekends watching them  BFC etc     ..Dresden def needs ticked off before the end of the year. Been there a couple times but nae for a game. 

19 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

That's 3.Liga fixtures out now as well all Regionalliga fixtures except the Nord division. Not all of them moved to specific days or times yet by the looks of it but should allow some planning for anyone heading over.

Cheers. Has anyone got any tips on how to get tickets for 1860 Munich? I hear it's really tough for locals never mind visitors, but they're home when I'm there so I'd love to go. Internal ticket exchange for season ticket holders who can't attend maybe?

Edited by DG.Roma
Fixing auto "correct" errors

13 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Cheers. Has anyone got any tips on how to get tickets for 1860 Munich? I hear it's really tough for locals never mind visitors, but they're home when I'm there so I'd love to go. Internal ticket exchange for season ticket holders who can't attend maybe?

Depending who they're playing your best bet might be to go in the away end. There's maybe only a handful in the division who will sell out their away allocation before going to a general sale and most German clubs make it fairly easy to buy online for their away games.

16 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Yeah I'd also love to get to a game at the Stadion an der Grünwalder Straße been a fan of theirs for years but it's bloody difficult, I watch most of their games online, the away end is rather small and almost always full.

Had a cracking experience last year watching 1860 win 4-3 away at Dresden in the Giesinger Bräustüberl which is about 500 meters from the Gründwalder Stadion.

Edited by stevieKTID

4 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Depending who they're playing your best bet might be to go in the away end. There's maybe only a handful in the division who will sell out their away allocation before going to a general sale and most German clubs make it fairly easy to buy online for their away games.

Good tip cheers. It's Unterhaching though, so I guess it would be a bit of a derby

Planning a trip to Germany in late September and possibly a 2nd one in January.

September fixture options are:

Frankfurt v Freiburg
Stuttgart v Darmstadt
Weisbaden v Elversberg
Kaiserslautern v Hansa

At a push I might even be tempted to travel to Saarbrucken for Mannheim's away game there.

January looking like:

Heidenheim v Wolfsburg
Darmstadt v Frankfurt (tickets probably very difficult to get)
Freiburg v Hoffenheim
Mainz v Union Berlin
Karlsruher SC v Osnabruck.

Will depend on what games are available on the Saturday as I'll have hockey on Friday and Sunday.

On 30/06/2023 at 21:48, Fuctifano said:

First few weeks will be confirmed by 14 July 

Edit : attachment didn't load 

Screenshot_20230630_204858_Chrome.jpg

BL1 Fixtures for Match Days 1 thru 8 just after being released. Likewise for BL2 Match Days 3 thru 10.

Edited by German Jag

• 3 weeks later...

BL2 starts in 10 minutes, with the two biggest clubs taking on each other at the Volksparkstadion in Hamburg.

Does any UK broadcaster have BL2 rights at present?

Tomorrow H96 are at home to promoted SV Elversberg. 

44 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Does any UK broadcaster have BL2 rights at present?

Live on Sky Sports’ YouTube, but not actually on TV. Just a singular commentator, and a fucking annoying one at that. 

4 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Live on Sky Sports’ YouTube, but not actually on TV. Just a singular commentator, and a fucking annoying one at that. 

I didn't realise this, so thank you. However, why the hell do they not put it on Sky Sports Football when there's no other competitive football on right now!? 

I hate Sky having the rights here now.

1 minute ago, Accies1 said:

I didn't realise this, so thank you. However, why the hell do they not put it on Sky Sports Football when there's no other competitive football on right now!? 

I hate Sky having the rights here now.

They’re showing The Ashes 🤣