Bundesliga 2023/24

Mainz 3-1 Bayern. With every passing week, the sacking of Nagelsman looks more and more idiotic.

Dortmund could go top with a win against Frankfurt tonight but they never make it easy for themselves.

10 of the Dortmund players have been very good, and they are obviously winning 3-0, yet Julian Brandt has put in one of the single worst performances I've ever seen. I don't think I've seen him complete a pass yet, he looks like a supertanker running about the pitch.

So the only way HSV don't go back up this season, is if they have an epic **** up even for their standards. Top 3 almost guaranteed to end the season as the top 3, with Hamburg sitting 3rd behind smaller clubs in the way of Darmstadt and Heidenheim. Pretty much nailed on for at least a play-off spot. So aye, over to you HSV.

I must admit though, if HSV relegate Schalke in the play-off, I don't think I could cope. Would be ****ing hilarious if we kept them down however.

Last week was a Friday night gubbing as H96 went down meekly 3-0 against Heidenheim.

On Saturday, the 1st away win since the World Cup with a convincing 3-1 win away in Bielefeld., in what was a very enjoyable high tempo end to end game Once again a sold out away end with 3.000 Hannoveraner in attendance. 2 goals from Teuchert (one a penalty awarded due to the curerent daft hand-ball ruling) saw H96 go in 2-1 up at 1/2 time. Louis Schaub made it 3 early on in the 2nd half, which was more than enough to secure the points. Bielefeld with a good few chances of their own which saw them them hitting the post and the crossbar. Only down side of the afternoon was a late sending off(courtesy of a silly foul) for Yannik Luhrs which also got him a 2 game ban.

Next up the dreadul 20:30 on a Saturday night slot, as H96 host Nuremburg.

Bielefeld_1.jpg

Bielefeld_2.jpg

10 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

So the only way HSV don't go back up this season, is if they have an epic **** up even for their standards. Top 3 almost guaranteed to end the season as the top 3, with Hamburg sitting 3rd behind smaller clubs in the way of Darmstadt and Heidenheim. Pretty much nailed on for at least a play-off spot. So aye, over to you HSV.

I must admit though, if HSV relegate Schalke in the play-off, I don't think I could cope. Would be ****ing hilarious if we kept them down however.

They chucked away a 1-0 away win from the first leg against a dug meat Hertha last season, so would put nothing past HSV.

With the relative fixtures and recent results from FCB & BVB Union Berlin really should be winning the Bundesliga. That would have sounded ridiculous in August but when the dust settles it'll have been their inability to break down the weaker sides that ultimately prevented that happening.

Still, looking very good for a CL spot following the latest round of fixtures which is a hell of an achievement in itself.

When you look what Union have achieved with their resources, it makes you wonder just how Hertha have gotten it so so wrong.

Last 5 fixtures for the 3 teams are

Darmstadt:-     Kiel (A), St. Pauli (H), Hannover 96 (A), Magdeburg (H), Fürth (A)

Heidenheim:-  Fürth (A), Magdeburg (H), Paderborn (A), Sandhausen (H), Regensburg (A)

Hamburg:-       Magdeburg (A), Paderborn (H), Regensburg (A), Fürth (H), Sandhausen (A)

Sandhausen & Regensburg will be fighting for their BL2 survival, so despite ther lowly positions won't be easy games. 

A similar result of Sandhausen gubbing Hamburg 5-1 in the 2019/20 season on the last day would be tremendous.

12 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

They chucked away a 1-0 away win from the first leg against a dug meat Hertha last season, so would put nothing past HSV.

With the relative fixtures and recent results from FCB & BVB Union Berlin really should be winning the Bundesliga. That would have sounded ridiculous in August but when the dust settles it'll have been their inability to break down the weaker sides that ultimately prevented that happening.

Still, looking very good for a CL spot following the latest round of fixtures which is a hell of an achievement in itself.

When you look what Union have achieved with their resources, it makes you wonder just how Hertha have gotten it so so wrong.

Hertha are an absolute mess of a club. One of those where perhaps they need to go down and have a mass rebuild. They got that rich owner and spent a bit of money a couple of seasons back and it seems to have made them even worse.

Just saw your team btw. Thorniewood are my girlfriends local team. Pass the ground every time we're going to her Mums. Hoping to get a game one afternoon.

2 hours ago, Connor1874 said:

Thorniewood are my girlfriends local team. Pass the ground every time we're going to her Mums. Hoping to get a game one afternoon.

They've just been (rather randomly) taken over by some businessmen who have plans to upgrade the ground and establish them in the top flight.

Interesting times ahead, for sure.

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

They've just been (rather randomly) taken over by some businessmen who have plans to upgrade the ground and establish them in the top flight.

Interesting times ahead, for sure.

Really? Never knew that. Will definitely be keeping an eye on their results going forward. I know very little about the club tbh, other than Frankie McAvoy who's on the Hearts coaching staff, once played for them. What sort of crowds do they get? Decent wee catchment area to get a couple of hundred each week I'd have thought.

4 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Really? Never knew that. Will definitely be keeping an eye on their results going forward. I know very little about the club tbh, other than Frankie McAvoy who's on the Hearts coaching staff, once played for them. What sort of crowds do they get? Decent wee catchment area to get a couple of hundred each week I'd have thought.

Yeah. Plans for a 4G pitch and floodlights etc. The pitch is badly needed as the drains are completely fucked and have been for years.

They get less than 100 each week usually, which is a shame tbh.

8 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Yeah. Plans for a 4G pitch and floodlights etc. The pitch is badly needed as the drains are completely fucked and have been for years.

They get less than 100 each week usually, which is a shame tbh.

Yeah that is a shame. Never appreciated how big an area Viewpark was til I first went and with a couple of other neighbourhoods nearby too. no doubt if this new owner picks results up early on the crowds will come. All the best to them regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

First post for a couple of weeks.

2 weeks ago a comprehensive 3-0 win for H96 at home to Nüremberg. The awful 8:30 pm Saturday kick-off. Goals either side of half-time put H96 on the front foot, with a 3rd from Maximillian Beier in the 70th minute ensuring all 3 points remained in Hannover. Sold out away end, which considering it's a 600 mile round trip is fair going.

Last week, a long long trip down to Karlsruhe. Left home at 5 a.m. didn't get back to 9:30 p.m. 4 minutes in and already 1 down, 4 minutes later 2 down although that got VARred off. Another 4 minutes then another goal conceded. Times like that, it makes you wonder why you bother. Louis Schaub got 1 back just before half-time, but despite a lot of huffing & puffing a draw wasn't happening. 1.200 away fans in attendance.

Yesterday hosted top of the table Darmstadt. Beautiful sunny day, large away crowd present with a good 1.500 fans in the sections next to the official section. H96 1 up after 10 minutes, then 2 up on the half hour mark. Tietz got one back for the visitors on the stroke of half time. Both teams with 2nd half chances, Darmstadt ended the game with 9 players.

Top of the table with 2 games to go looks like this:-

image.thumb.png.4c0106c42fb0e5ab5fa270217173df9d.png

Game day 33:- Darmstadt-Magdeburg, Heidenheim-Sandhausen, Hamburg-Fürth

Game day 34:- Fürth-Darmstadt, Regensburg-Heidenheim, Sandhausen-Hamburg

Hamburg-Fürth obviously already sold out. Price for seated tickets an eye-watering €73.

Next up for H96, the final away game of the season, away to Fortuna Düsseldorf.

Darmstadt1.jpg

Darmstadt2.jpg

Darmstadt3.jpg

Big weekend coming up for Gelsenkirchen's finest. At home to Frankfurt on Saturday (should've been my annual trip this weekend, bloody kids) and it's really a game we need to take something out of to try and ease the final day nerves. A win, and a Stuttgart defeat will save us from automatic relegation which would be huge, but probably wishful thinking.

It's a funny game to call as under Thomas Reis, you can see the players are really giving it their all, and general performance levels are good. But against the better teams in the league, we've been shown up often. I really don't expect anything away at Leipzig in the final game so if we want to keep our destiny in our hands, we really ought to win.

Keep the faith!

Scenes in Darmstadt as they secure promotion with a 1-0 win against Magdeburg.

Tomorrow afternoon, Heidenheim plays bottom of the table Sandhausen. Tomorrow evening Hamburg host Greuther Fürth. An eye-watering €73 for a ticket…👎