Bundesliga 2023/24

On 21/02/2024 at 13:56, Stellaboz said:

I can't believe Baumgart has joined Hamburg. Hopefully won't get them in the play offs, that'd hurt too much. 

He'll perfectly fill the weird dickhead position Walter left. 

Extraordinary. Whoever wrote the Harry Kane to Bayern script deserves an award. To have Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga after Harry Kane moved to Bayern for "guaranteed" trophies is sublime entertainment.

On 01/03/2024 at 22:06, 2426255 said:

Extraordinary. Whoever wrote the Harry Kane to Bayern script deserves an award. To have Leverkusen winning the Bundesliga after Harry Kane moved to Bayern for "guaranteed" trophies is sublime entertainment.

The amazing thing of this is that if you asked German football fans before this season which team would be the most likely to break Bayern's streak, very few would even name Leverkusen in their top 3. The Scottish equivalent would be if Rangers are having a poor season, Hearts & Aberdeen are unable to put up a fight, yet Celtic still can't manage to get the title as Hibs walk away with it.

Just now, Marten said:

The amazing thing of this is that if you asked German football fans before this season which team would be the most likely to break Bayern's streak, very few would even name Leverkusen in their top 3. The Scottish equivalent would be if Rangers are having a poor season, Hearts & Aberdeen are unable to put up a fight, yet Celtic still can't manage to get the title as Hibs walk away with it.

They'll have to stop calling them Neverkusen.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2024 at 18:58, Jacky1990 said:

If Drogba was always considerd the ultimate big game, clutch player, Harry Kane isnthe complete opposite.

Proper spaced jammed in anything resembling a big match.

Harry Kane at one time looked like he could become one of the best strikers in the world. It's a shame that his career went so awry.

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

Harry Kane at one time looked like he could become one of the best strikers in the world. It's a shame that his career went so awry.

Not sure if youre being serious or not?

IMO theres no doubt that Kane is one of the best strikers in the world. At the moment there is a strong argument he is THE best striker.

But his inability to contribute when it counts in pressure games is a massive black mark against him. That and the diving.

11 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I seldom am being serious. Look at his goalscoring record.

Good player? Absolutely.

But he has won literally nothing in his career apart from individual acclaim. His near 400 career goals have led to exactly zilch.

For his world class talent, I would argue he has had a fairly shite career so far.

image.png.59008214a9d7aeed0360d390f14fcf6f.png

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Good player? Absolutely.

But he has won literally nothing in his career apart from individual acclaim. His near 400 career goals have led to exactly zilch.

For his world class talent, I would argue he has had a fairly shite career so far.

image.png.59008214a9d7aeed0360d390f14fcf6f.png

Honours wise he should have done better, but the number of goals he has scored and being his country's all time leading scorer is not to be sniffed at.

It is quite funny though that the season he moves to Bayern (who are usually certainties to win the German league/cup) is the season they make an arse of it. 

On 30/03/2024 at 21:58, Jacky1990 said:

If Drogba was always considerd the ultimate big game, clutch player, Harry Kane isnthe complete opposite.

Proper spaced jammed in anything resembling a big match.

This is the type of comment that a stranger beside me in a busy pub makes in my direction, where I invariably nod in agreement and say "aye" but have no idea what they mean or what they are saying. 

1 hour ago, KingRocketman II said:

This is the type of comment that a stranger beside me in a busy pub makes in my direction, where I invariably nod in agreement and say "aye" but have no idea what they mean or what they are saying. 

Especially when 'space jammed' is used incorrectly.

'Space jammed' is to magically copy someones abilities.