Bundesliga 2023/24

Only been the once to Hoffenheim. High-speed train to Mannheim, then RE (which is included in your match ticket) to Sinsheim(Elsenz). Shuttle bus or 25 minute walk. The Museum/Arena station is only served by the S-Bahn which stops at every 2nd lamppost.

Only been the once to Hoffenheim. High-speed train to Mannheim, then RE (which is included in your match ticket) to Sinsheim(Elsenz). Shuttle bus or 25 minute walk. The Museum/Arena station is only served by the S-Bahn which stops at every 2nd lamppost.

Do you know if the terracing at Wattenscheid is open for every game?

Do you know if the terracing at Wattenscheid is open for every game?

Never been & also not up to speed with the Regionalliga West. Had a quick check on their ticketing web-site & terracing tickets were on offer for the 2 games on sale. ( A massive €4.30 as well).

Never been & also not up to speed with the Regionalliga West. Had a quick check on their ticketing web-site & terracing tickets were on offer for the 2 games on sale. ( A massive €4.30 as well).

Excellent. Checked out a couple of blogs but thet seemed to involve teams with big away supports.

Thought they may just shove everyone in the stand for other matches. Despite being to Germany 10+ times, speak/read no German. A bit embarassing really!

I'm heading over for a couple of games next month. We've got Borussia Monchengladbach v Bayer Leverkusen on the Saturday, and then Waldhof Mannheim v Kickers Offenbach on the Sunday.

Two nights in Düsseldorf while we're there, so if anyone has got any tips of must sees and/or decent 'proper' bars to visit there then I'd be interested to hear.

Getting from the Sunday game to the flight home is going to be a tighter than I'd like. Does anyone on here have much experience of flying from Frankfurt International Airport? How quickly do you think you could get from a train arriving in Fernbahnhof to a departure gate in Terminal 2!?

On 9/10/2017 at 08:06, German Jag said:

H96's promising start to the season continued, with them picking up a point at near neighbours VfL Wolfsburg. 1st half best described as 'meh', after the break Wolfsburg to the lead with a deflected free-kick. H96 equaliser was a back heeler nutmeg from Martin Harnik in the 75th minute which was also the 500th away goal that H96 have scored in the Bundesliga. H96 ultras maintaining their 'silence' boycott, which makes for a strange atmosphere. Next up a sold out Nord Derby on Friday night against SV Hamburg.

Personally being a fan of H96  (my dear Oma is from nearby Letter) I can't stand Hamburg (or St Pauli) and would consider this a big derby. But am I right in thinking there seems to be some kind of sickening 'friendship' between H96 and HSV fan groups? 

Edited by Torpar

3 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Personally being a fan of H96  (my dear Oma is from nearby Letter) I can't stand Hamburg (or St Pauli) and would consider this a big derby. But am I right in thinking there seems to be some kind of sickening 'friendship' between H96 and HSV fan groups? 

Yes, there is a bit of a "Fanfreundschaft" thing between H96 & HSV, can also include Arminia Bielefeld as well. Nowadays is more based on a joint hatred / dislike of FC. St. Pauli

20 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

The only downside German football is these stupid 'friendships'. I can understand perhaps buying a half and half at a Scotland game or a European game as a souvenir, but routinely wearing a half and half scarf with another club from your own country is sickening.

Have to agree with this, most cross border 'friendships' are bad enough but with another team in the same league as you is hard to understand.

Slightly off topic, I remember in 2014 Olympiacos played Milan in some 'glamour friendy' at BMO Field in Toronto. The house I was living in at the time had a bar across the street that was owned by Serbs. On the day of the friendly this bar was packed with Red Star fans, there to support Olympiacos, their Orthodox brothers, bigots.

BMG's 'friendship' with Liverpool irks me the most.

I've always enjoyed games at Gladbach but could never really actively care about their results due to their love of the wallpushers. Middle aged men wearing Liverpool tops at Gladbach games in what must be the most one sided 'friendship' in the world.

On 15.9.2017 at 21:31, au_1910 said:
Pretty awful first half at Hannover, surely Hamburg could have bought another striker as backup to Wood rather than relying on Schipplock now Lasogga has gone?

1st half was, as you say, pretty awful. After the break though H96 were able to show a bit more imagination and deservedly ended up winning 2-0. First goal god awful defending allowing Harnik to stab a header from Füllkrug (cross from Bebou) over the line. Second goal scored by Ihlas Bebou (his first for the club in only his 2nd appearance) who had came on for Felipe in the 1st half.

Usual pyro nonsense in the away section. The smell of cordite or whatever was strong enough up at the opposite end of the ground where I was. Wouldn't have liked to be directly next to it.

H96 will no doubt end up in the bottom half of the table, but currently sit top of the Bundeliga. Travelled up with a pile of Hamburg fans, journey back was certainly 'pleasing'.

82e193b8c9b33621c3788920c05ba946.jpgec81bfef835f3f6a2fdbc897d30e460f.jpgb0cb0c9e198dfef0743bdca4bce16707.jpgbe9a5d94631afa46ef5f8d56a154f5f4.jpg

Edited by German Jag

I wish all Scottish grounds had a scoreboard. I fucking love a scoreboard.

I remember asking my dad where the scoreboard was the first time I went to Boghead (must have been about 1990/91) I'd only ever seen football on the telly and thought every ground had one (including my subbuteo stadium).

So I agree, love a scoreboard.

On 15/09/2017 at 19:13, Johnny Däpp said:

Guessing this is a common trend across Germany? Borussia also hate Sankt Pauli. The tune of Depeche Modes can't get enough is followed by "Scheiß Sankt Pauli". Sung it for about 15 minutes at Parkheid in the champions league last year, also sung it in a pub last weekend in Mönchengladbach :lol:   I know Borussias Freundschaft is with Union Berlin and unfortunately out international friendship is with fucking Liverpool :unsure:

I have followed Gladbach for years, even been to Borussia park a few times and have never heard of this.... Going to have to think twice about supporting them now(:rolleyes:) if they do indeed have an 'international friendship' with those scumbags.

I remember asking my dad where the scoreboard was the first time I went to Boghead (must have been about 1990/91) I'd only ever seen football on the telly and thought every ground had one (including my subbuteo stadium).

So I agree, love a scoreboard.

This was the scoreboard to be found at some grounds when I first went to matches. You only knew what matches the letters corresponded to if you had bought a programme !

bs6.jpg

2-2 between Munich & Wolfsburg.
Munich not in anyway impressive, 1st goal from an excessively soft (Old Firm style) penalty. Next from a massive deflection.

With Neuer out injured for the 1st round of games, back-up keeper Sven Ulreich managed to make a Cammy Bell of the first goal scored by Max Arnold.

A Daniel Didavi header (which Neuer would’nt have saved either), gave Wolfsburg a well deserved share of the points.

Edited by German Jag