Bundesliga 2024/25

What struck me tonight was just how much of a team these German sides are, so fluent going forward and back, nobody looked a standout. Just two sides working together like clock work, was like a video game at times and extremely enjoyable. Makes a difference from the EPL sides, think Liverpool and Arsenal at times are the only two that play like that, loved it.

With RB Leipzig is the seethe towards them not because they've sold out to a commercial owner when the rest of German football is leaning towards fan ownership (or at least in part)? In terms of the way they have built a team I think it needs to be commended, young guys released by, or not quite making it, at 'bigger' clubs supplemented by a couple of big buys. They've also kept a large number of the players that for them promoted.

Leipzig have found numerous loopholes to get through the German rules regarding ownership. Despite the fact that they are technically not 'Red Bull' they are in almost every way and it has angered fans of pretty much every other club. It is always refreshing to see someone a bit different do well and as Dundee Ton points out they have a good signing policy and have at least tried to build a proper squad.

Thoroughly enjoyed the Dortmund/Bayern game last night but I thought the BT commentary team were absolutely dreadful. Nigel Spackman in particular. He knew nothing about German football and his little pieces of 'insight' were just bizarre.

Who gives a f**k how they've got to where they are? The likes of Bayern and Dortmund spunk much more money every year on players, the only way any team will challenge any of the big teams nowadays is luck (Leicester) or spending lots of money. The fact is the Germans are currently raging #amfers who fail to see that every one of their teams are supported by massive global companies.

Additionally, RB are going about it the right signing exciting youth prospects, they also play superb football and I've yet to see a boring game they've been involved in.

I imagine after a few year the furore will die down, because they all said the same pish about Hoffenheim and now RB are their new target.

Who gives a f**k how they've got to where they are? The likes of Bayern and Dortmund spunk much more money every year on players, the only way any team will challenge any of the big teams nowadays is luck (Leicester) or spending lots of money. The fact is the Germans are currently raging #amfers who fail to see that every one of their teams are supported by massive global companies.

Additionally, RB are going about it the right signing exciting youth prospects, they also play superb football and I've yet to see a boring game they've been involved in.

I imagine after a few year the furore will die down, because they all said the same pish about Hoffenheim and now RB are their new target.

Agree with this. Making an effort to keep up with Leipzig and show support for them as a couple of my friends are big bundesliga fans and give the the whole #amf shite on Twitter. Their signing policy and building a great, young, attacking team is brilliant - even if it is commercially backed.

On the other note from the weekend. We had the two BT sport games on in the pub over the weekend and people who didn't watch often seemed amazed that the standard was so much better than a lot of the English rubbish we get fed.

4 hours ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

On the other note from the weekend. We had the two BT sport games on in the pub over the weekend and people who didn't watch often seemed amazed that the standard was so much better than a lot of the English rubbish we get fed.

IMO, that's Sky's biggest marketing success; making so many people believe that their product (the Premier League) is the be all and end all.

H96 kept themselves in the promotion race with their 4th home win in succession, running out 2-0 winners against Erzgebirge Aue. Aue, who came back up after a year in the 3. Liga, are currently struggling with only St. Pauli currently below them. Their performance didn't match their current placing and had a couple of chances to take the lead before Martin Harnik got the opener for H96 in the 23rd minute. Substitute Füllkrug sealed the points for H96 in the 77th minute, although Aue will be ruing some of the chances missed.
Away end sold out, 1st meeting of the clubs in the BL2. Looking forward to the return leg in Aue, which is a small (18.000) town close to the border with the Czech republic.

Elsewhere in the BL2, leaders Braunschweig & 2nd place Stuttgart could only draw, leaving things tight with 6 points splitting the top 8!

Next up for H96, away to Fortuna Düsseldorf on Friday night.

Happenings at the top of the main league have been well documented.
RB Leipzig are away to Freiburg on Friday, with Munich hosting Leverkusen in the late game on Saturday.
At the other end of the table, last placed Hamburg host 3rd last Bremen in the Nord-Derby, whilst 2nd bottom Ingolstadt host 5th bottom Wolfsburg.

Anyone bought tickets for a match off viagogo before? They decent?

In Munich this weekend and they seem like only option left to get tickets but was reading Bayern cancelled relationship with them in 2014 and aren't best pleased with them so are trying to clamp down.

I bought Ajax tickets though them - the first time the ticket seller didn't send the link to me in time (they were e-tickets you printed yourself) but viagogo refunded me the full amount. I then spent the refund on another ticket from another seller and the guy sent me them within an hour of the money coming off my card. Paid over the odds (about €40 for a €29 ticket) but I was in the 'Dam with the missus and wanted to see a game there while she did touristy things.