The Youth Academy Challenge

RandomGuy.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

The first season is an absolute nightmare, worst thing going.

Then the second season comes along.

And so it goes, a never ending river of shite and disappointment. 

f**k knows how @oneteaminglasgow has survived as long as he has.

Aye I got through a couple of rounds of the Challenge cup and won 1 of my 4 Betfred group games (at Arbroath which I thought was some scalp) but yet to win in the league.

BTW if you finish bottom and get relegated (thus making the club unplayable again) do you just take over who comes up in your place or restart the challenge?

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What’s the script with players, who aren’t youth, who are already at the club with this?

Are you allowed to give them contract extensions or do you have to get rid as soon as you can?

Hope Think you're allowed to keep them. I've had a 1 of mine sign a new deal as a team tried to swipe him. I've also lost a couple of players through this as I alluded to a few post back.

10 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

What’s the script with players, who aren’t youth, who are already at the club with this?

Are you allowed to give them contract extensions or do you have to get rid as soon as you can?

You can keep players who are already there.

There was an extreme version where you weren't able to extend those players contracts but it's almost impossible unless you fluke into a batch of superb youngsters when managing in Scotland, due to the fact you can only usually offer one year deals.

Greyed out players can only be used in Season 1.

If the club has signed players before you joined it's fine, but from then on no signings are permitted. 

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Aye I got through a couple of rounds of the Challenge cup and won 1 of my 4 Betfred group games (at Arbroath which I thought was some scalp) but yet to win in the league.

BTW if you finish bottom and get relegated (thus making the club unplayable again) do you just take over who comes up in your place or restart the challenge?

If you get sacked then the challenge is over, although theres nothing to stop you just trying it endlessly with whatever team comes up, tbh.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If you get sacked then the challenge is over, although theres nothing to stop you just trying it endlessly with whatever team comes up, tbh.

I assume I would get sacked automatically then if the club I'm managing gets relegated and no longer becomes playable? Don't know why I had it in my head that it would just retire my manager :lol:

Nah I would re start the challenge if so then, probably just try a different country.

Although with all the free agent recommendations coming up in my news feed that I can't touch I'm slightly tempted to make this into 2 seperate saves with 1 dedicated to this challenge and 1 where I can do what the f**k I like :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

8 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

Hope Think you're allowed to keep them. I've had a 1 of mine sign a new deal as a team tried to swipe him. I've also lost a couple of players through this as I alluded to a few post back.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You can keep players who are already there.

There was an extreme version where you weren't able to extend those players contracts but it's almost impossible unless you fluke into a batch of superb youngsters when managing in Scotland, due to the fact you can only usually offer one year deals.

Greyed out players can only be used in Season 1.

If the club has signed players before you joined it's fine, but from then on no signings are permitted. 

Thanking you both. Only thought of it with seeing Kelty coming up, I would have thought Nathan Austin would be a goal machine in league 2. As good as that would seem it could back fire if you start with a strong team, get promoted and then have to blood the youngsters in at a higher level.

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Thanking you both. Only thought of it with seeing Kelty coming up, I would have thought Nathan Austin would be a goal machine in league 2. As good as that would seem it could back fire if you start with a strong team, get promoted and then have to blood the youngsters in at a higher level.

I don't have Austin (or a number of their other better players). Don't know their contracts IRL but they appear to all only be on 1 year deals on this and majority have obviously left at the end of them (I first noticed this in my Clyde save when most of Keltys players were free agents after first season, so half expected it here).  Only players in my squad that are Kelty players the now IRL are Ben McKenzie, Sean McKirdy, Matt Flynn and Cammy Russell.

Austin back at Falkirk now. Tidser at Ayr. Tam Scobbie at Partick Thistle. Dylan Easton at Airdrie. Scott Linton still unattached. This season would've been very nice indeed had all them chosen to stay! :lol:

Edited by C. Muir

13 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As I am waiting for the game to get to April 2020, to confirm its OK to use greyed out players if you need to?

Only in the first season.

11 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I assume I would get sacked automatically then if the club I'm managing gets relegated and no longer becomes playable?

From experience, yes 😂

5 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

2 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I don't have Austin (or a number of their other better players). Don't know their contracts IRL but they appeared to all only be on 1 year deals on this and majority have obviously left at the end of them before I took over.  Only players in my squad that are Kelty players the now IRL are Ben MacKenzie, Sean McKirdy, Matt Flynn and Cammy Russell.

I think every club outside the league only have players on one year deals, so inevitably the better ones get snapped up before you can use them.

I got Dalbeattie Star, but Kelty lost most of their players to league clubs in the first season too.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think every club outside the league only have players on one year deals, so inevitably the better ones get snapped up before you can use them.

I got Dalbeattie Star, but Kelty lost most of their players to league clubs in the first season too.

Yeah I have edited my post to say I remember all their better players being free agents/joining someone else on pre-contract at the end of season 1 in my Clyde save

Edited by C. Muir

So here we are, my new manager, Jock McBile has just been given the East Kilbride job

East_Kilbride_F.C._crest.png

I have literally no staff (I need to get on that) so I can't give you a view based on assistant reports so here is the general info view, 12 players total, even double checked the reserves and yep, 12 actual players, 2 of which are left backs lol.  Will need to try to get the players not under contract under contract ASAP

image.thumb.png.73328ae8739219e5db256f814c4674fd.png

image.png

The first season is an absolute nightmare, worst thing going.
Then the second season comes along.
And so it goes, a never ending river of shite and disappointment. 
f**k knows how [mention=46054]oneteaminglasgow[/mention] has survived as long as he has.

It’s the small moments, like your only striker handing in a transfer request or scoring in a 9-1 loss to East Fife that make it all worth it...

I think that getting absolute shite like Dalbeattie or Wick is better as the boards have no expectations whatsoever. The season I got promoted my board wanted me to “fight bravely against relegation”. Don’t know how I’d handle it if there was any actual pressure placed on me.

Best of luck to everyone. It gets better...

58 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I don't have Austin (or a number of their other better players). Don't know their contracts IRL but they appear to all only be on 1 year deals on this and majority have obviously left at the end of them (I first noticed this in my Clyde save when most of Keltys players were free agents after first season, so half expected it here).  Only players in my squad that are Kelty players the now IRL are Ben McKenzie, Sean McKirdy, Matt Flynn and Cammy Russell.

Austin back at Falkirk now. Tidser at Ayr. Tam Scobbie at Partick Thistle. Dylan Easton at Airdrie. Scott Linton still unattached. This season would've been very nice indeed had all them chosen to stay! :lol:

Ah I hadn’t realised that. You’d be flying up the leagues if they had all stayed