Games where you thought "this is it!"

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Beating Hearts 3-0 at Tynecastle. Frazer wright header, breakaway Sammon finish then Eremenko wonder goal.

We went on a 10 game run without losing a goal iirc. Injury to Bryson stopped the momentum during the Rangers kick the man cup tie.

Was 3-2 after 90 mate. But yes, that game was horrific.

Sure? I seem to recall it was a later finish than expected and all the buses and trains had been missed and I was stuck at the train station for over an hour

Might have felt like an age mind you.

I know it means f**k all in the grand scheme of things but that second half was pleasing.

Gutting to be so far out in front at the half way mark to lose it in the end and be left with nothing but what ifs...

Odense, second leg in the final qualifying round of the Europa League 2010/11. Win and get to the group stages for the first time. Play them off the park and lose 1-0. Still have dreams of Sutton scoring when he beat the keeper in the first half. Hateleys free kick in the first leg to give us an important away goal may be the best free kick I have ever saw.

After Henriks second equaliser v Porto in 2003 I remember thinking we had them rattled and were going to lift the UEFA Cup, then Bobo got himself sent off and Rab Douglas gave away a second cheap goal on the night.

Also recall big Mowbray's first league game, up at Pittodrie, 3-0 up after 40 mins, finishing 3-1, toyed with, in hindsight a rotten Aberdeen side thought he would have us playing like that all the time and a rake of trophies to follow :lol:

After Henriks second equaliser v Porto in 2003 I remember thinking we had them rattled and were going to lift the UEFA Cup, then Bobo got himself sent off and Rab Douglas gave away a second cheap goal on the night.

Also recall big Mowbray's first league game, up at Pittodrie, 3-0 up after 40 mins, finishing 3-1, toyed with, in hindsight a rotten Aberdeen side thought he would have us playing like that all the time and a rake of trophies to follow :lol:

Rab Douglas <3 Always good for a mistake

Odense, second leg in the final qualifying round of the Europa League 2010/11. Win and get to the group stages for the first time. Play them off the park and lose 1-0. Still have dreams of Sutton scoring when he beat the keeper in the first half. Hateleys free kick in the first leg to give us an important away goal may be the best free kick I have ever saw.

Sutton missing a sitter in a big game? I'm shocked. :o

Sure? I seem to recall it was a later finish than expected and all the buses and trains had been missed and I was stuck at the train station for over an hour

We definitely won in normal time.

Opening day of the 2010/11 season, head down to Pittodrie with an open mind, new season, give McGhee another chance. New captain, new team.

4-0 with Paul Hartley's hattrick of penalties, glorious sunshine, promising performances from Yoann Folly, Josh Magennis, Rory McArdle (all débutantes) and Sone Aluko looking like the player who first arrived on loan in 07-08.

Alas, it wasn't to be. My other abiding memory of that season was serving Stewart Milne and Willie Miller (when he was still DoF) at my work the evening after the 9-0 Celtic game. They talked in very hushed tones over a coffee but must have decided to give McGhee a little longer. Not much longer thankfully!

You can count the good games under McGhee with one hand but that win over Hamilton was one of them. We could have scored more that day. I remember Magennis smashing a header off the underside of the bar that somehow stayed out.

I finally lost all hope in him by October - http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/134394-is-there-a-worse-manager-in-the-spl-than-mcghee/ Waiting for him to get sack was painful.

Slightly different but the moment May equalised in the Semi is the moment I genuinely felt like the cup was ours, was only going to be one winner after that

Yep. Dundee went from 2-0 down to 3-2 up in the second. All 5 goals were at the same end.

Yep. Dundee went from 2-0 down to 3-2 up in the second. All 5 goals were at the same end.

Was a fantastic day. In all my years as a Dee, Dundee simply don't overturn deficits like that, especially not in cup finals (no matter how diddy the cup is). I'd guess at least 100 fans left at half time, possibly more.

It was like a home game for us and the atmosphere in the second half was superb.

Embarrassingly for St Johnstone I think they have only exceeded the attendance of that game once or twice since.....

Archived