When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Article 50 will be invoked early 2017. Will Sturgeon go for indyref2 within the 2 years? I think she will. 

I've no idea what the polls will be like in 2018/19, but even if they don't hit the fabled 60% I think she will still take the gamble.

I fully expect the Yes vote to be in the lead by then but perhaps we won't reach 60% in the next 5 to 10 years?    

She won't or perhaps can't wait that long to hold indyref2. Salmond predicting an other referendum in 2018 - I have to agree.

Many thought Sturgeon wouldn't hold indyref2 until she is absolutely sure of winning  with high lead in the polls. I've a feeling the lead won't be massive when we go to the polls again. I believe we're in for another nailbiter 

Actually this entire post is a handy guide how to lose a referendum.."Article 50 will be invoked early 2017" "fully expect the YES vote to be in the lead by then" "another nailbiter".Full of desperation and assumption.If there is no discernible appetite for Indy2 it would be shameful to "take a gamble" and i believe if lost again the SNP would eventually pay the price of generating another bout of paralysis and economic uncertainty.

6 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Actually this entire post is a handy guide how to lose a referendum.."Article 50 will be invoked early 2017" "fully expect the YES vote to be in the lead by then" "another nailbiter".Full of desperation and assumption.If there is no discernible appetite for Indy2 it would be shameful to "take a gamble" and i believe if lost again the SNP would eventually pay the price of generating another bout of paralysis and economic uncertainty.

I was making a very valid point that article 50 will be triggered in early 2017.  Given that only 23% would like to be in the UK outside the EU in today's Sunday Times poll then it would be quite reasonable for Scotland to vote in another independence referendum.

In my opinion the Yes vote would be in the lead by 2018/19 but perhaps not the lead many expected before we go to the polls again.  

Again in my opinion, we would need to have Indyref2 before the UK formally leaves the EU. That may mean we go to the people of Scotland and ask again. That may mean we are not riding as high in the polls as many would like to be before we have another referendum. That's where the gamble may come in.

The timing of indyref2 is always going to be a gamble of sorts. But unfortunately, it may mean we go before we would like to go to guarantee a Yes vote.

You're going to go before you would like to go to "guarantee" a YES vote ?
Now as you probably no im no Indy2 fanboy but if i was i would see this as madness.You can't afford to gamble you need the % solidly in your favour and if it remains even 50/50 there should not be a rerun on that flimsy basis.Also for Scotland to be negotiating terms to leave the UK simultaneously with the UK negotiating terms to leave Europe is bordering on insanity even ignoring the fact Scotland will be firmly outside Europe×2.I will also bet early 2017 is wildly optimistic as the PM slaps these suggestions down like whackamole.I might also ask if Indy2 crashes and burns what happens next ? What thin % lead or gamble do we take next ? How many "gambles" and how much money and time do we spend trying to get the "right" answer ?

I was making a very valid point that article 50 will be triggered in early 2017.  Given that only 23% would like to be in the UK outside the EU in today's Sunday Times poll then it would be quite reasonable for Scotland to vote in another independence referendum.

In my opinion the Yes vote would be in the lead by 2018/19 but perhaps not the lead many expected before we go to the polls again.  

Again in my opinion, we would need to have Indyref2 before the UK formally leaves the EU. That may mean we go to the people of Scotland and ask again. That may mean we are not riding as high in the polls as many would like to be before we have another referendum. That's where the gamble may come in.

The timing of indyref2 is always going to be a gamble of sorts. But unfortunately, it may mean we go before we would like to go to guarantee a Yes vote.

You're going to go before you would like to go to "guarantee" a YES vote ?
Now as you probably no im no Indy2 fanboy but if i was i would see this as madness.You can't afford to gamble you need the % solidly in your favour and if it remains even 50/50 there should not be a rerun on that flimsy basis.Also for Scotland to be negotiating terms to leave the UK simultaneously with the UK negotiating terms to leave Europe is bordering on insanity even ignoring the fact Scotland will be firmly outside Europe×2.I will also bet early 2017 is wildly optimistic as the PM slaps these suggestions down like whackamole.I might also ask if Indy2 crashes and burns what happens next ? What thin % lead or gamble do we take next ? How many "gambles" and how much money and time do we spend trying to get the "right" answer ?

Negotiating at the same time would make eminent sense and only a blinkered twat would say otherwise.

Negotiating at the same time would make eminent sense and only a blinkered twat would say otherwise.

Thanks for your input its really raised the quality of this forum.Maybe not exiting the UK in the middle of BREXIT might be an option only a "blinkered twat" as you say wouldn't consider that.

Starting at a level of around 47% I think a referendum would be won now based on an official 8-10wk campaign. The hope and drive that the yes movement brings plus the shite which the establishment won't get a second chance to throw at yes, will see a comfortable 53% yes win. If it's 2018 fine... that figure will only go up.
Scottish independence is inevitable.

I see that pathetic waste of skin Willie Rennie wants to reject another "divisive referendum" on the UK, whilst desiring another referendum on the EU. Why is this little freak still a thing?

Now the objective David Torrance and Maigret Curran giving their views on the week's news. BBC, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

I see that pathetic waste of skin Willie Rennie wants to reject another "divisive referendum" on the UK, whilst desiring another referendum on the EU. Why is this little freak still a thing?

Now the objective David Torrance and Maigret Curran giving their views on the week's news. BBC, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

I kinda agree on the BREXIT referendum.Dumb decision but that's democracy for you.I think the BREXIT bed needs to be made and lie in it.

Suffered through Mundell and Rennie but had to switch off when the rejected Margit and bullied Tory Torrance were giving the SNPbad banter. We are paying them through the licence fee to listen to their establishment propaganda ffs

1 hour ago, Antlion said:

Was that a typo? Did you mean "migraine"?

For those that thought Ken McIntosh doing carpool karaoke before the election was the worst thing there had ever been in the world ever... think again.

Not sure what the worst thing about this is. The skin crawling from your body nature of the erm rap, or the homophobic disgrace of it.

Absolutely shameful stuff in every way

Take a look at @NatBuster's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NatBuster/status/777515409016848384?s=09

For those that thought Ken McIntosh doing carpool karaoke before the election was the worst thing there had ever been in the world ever... think again.

Not sure what the worst thing about this is. The skin crawling from your body nature of the erm rap, or the homophobic disgrace of it.

Take a look at @NatBuster's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NatBuster/status/777515409016848384?s=09

That is weird as f**k. Who the f**k are they?

Doubt it will happen. But if it does hate this keep having a vote until we get the result that we want, that is not democracy my friend.

Of course it is. If it's a no it's a no and then we go again, if the SNP keep getting voted in then it will be democracy no matter how many times it takes. Good thing is though that when we're out there's absolutely no chance of getting let back in. :)

Its horrendous .
Its even worse when you see the names of some of the people attending the event.

Salmond is a legend. A top lad, and the seethe he brings in the 'No More Referendums' crowd is utterly glorious to see. Love how angry and upset the Unionists are over suggestions of another Indyref. They are absolutely shiting it because they know that if there is another one, it'll be a Yes.

SNP and Yes supporters have to sit tight and see what happens regards Brexit. And no crowing either to undecided or former No voters - and we'll get over the line. My passport runs out in 2022 and hopefully the next one I get will be a Jockistan one.

The attempted defence by Joanna Cherry is equally as shameful.

IMG_1474221566.482738.thumb.jpg.3631486b

Being gay doesn't give you a free pass to endorse homophobic remarks towards political opponents.

The attempted defence by Joanna Cherry is equally as shameful.

IMG_1474221566.482738.jpg

Being gay doesn't give you a free pass to endorse homophobic remarks towards political opponents.

Agree.. but there seems to be precedents everyone.. eg. Black people being allowed to use the N word... but when white people use it, it's racist.
Video was stupid. As a yes man I certainly don't endorse it and feel ruthie should get an apology...
Let's not all get carried away... no one is going to change their political stance based on this wee shitey video