When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No one is advocating a referendum any time soon. Sturgeon will do as she has said right from the start and explore all avenues to keep Scotland in the EU.

When all avenues are fully explored and the likely outcome is that Scotland can't stay in the EU with access to the single market, then it's decision time.

Do you want to stay in the UK but outside the EU? That scenario will probably come to fruition within the next couple of years. That's when Sturgeon will decide on indyref2.  

A certain Mr Salmond is.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

No one is advocating a referendum any time soon. Sturgeon will do as she has said right from the start and explore all avenues to keep Scotland in the EU.

When all avenues are fully explored and the likely outcome is that Scotland can't stay in the EU with access to the single market, then it's decision time.

Do you want to stay in the UK but outside the EU? That scenario will probably come to fruition within the next couple of years. That's when Sturgeon will decide on indyref2.  

I voted Leave.

You're not learning from the polls. The evidence is there. Leaving the EU won't increase support for leaving the UK.

1 minute ago, thepundit said:

I voted Leave.

You're not learning from the polls. The evidence is there. Leaving the EU won't increase support for leaving the UK.

As mentioned in previous posts let's see the polls when article 50 is invoked

9 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I voted Leave.

We'll see.

The reality of leaving the EU hasn't sunk in yet because we haven't actually left it yet. 

F'ck knows what to do with my passport, it has expired but I don't want to pay for a new one just now when I might need to pay for another one in a couple of years time.

23 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

As mentioned in previous posts let's see the polls when article 50 is invoked

It won't change at that moment, But...... it might change when the trade deals etc with EU and non-EU countries have been agreed. I think we'll do well but if not then it'll probably increase support for a Yes vote. I really doubt that'll happen though.

It won't change at that moment, But...... it might change when the trade deals etc with EU and non-EU countries have been agreed. I think we'll do well but if not then it'll probably increase support for a Yes vote. I really doubt that'll happen though.

Of course you do

Our cars will start falling apart soon after with all the cheap crappy parts that we'll be buying in that won't match the EU standard.

Ok I admit that's the kind of scaremongering we had to endure in Scotland a couple of years ago but it will be interesting to see how all the different industries react.

54 minutes ago, thepundit said:

There's no way Sturgeon will wait for a decade or more.

3 minutes ago, thepundit said:

I highly doubt Sturgeon will call a referendum at all. The implications are, in my opinion, to keep people voting SNP.

They'll keep voting SNP for as long as there's no credible alternative.

Just now, thepundit said:

I hope not. The best outcome is two parties with a large support competing against each other. The winner in that situation will be the public.

I'd far rather we voted for a credible party rather than vote for one that isn't just so we've got a competition.

13 hours ago, thepundit said:

Not great reading for independence supporters and yet more evidence why there won't be another referendum any time soon.

That said, I've only spoken to a few Yes supporters who think Brexit is a bad thing and I've yet to speak to a No voter who has switched to Yes on the basis of Brexit so I'm not surprised. 

times

1 hour ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

Some lefty you are when access to a free market economy seems to be the most important driver in any political decision that should be made. Perhaps we should just let corporations make our political decisions instead of elected MPs..

Some unionist you are when you oppose political union. Or is it just non-Brits you can't stomach sharing any kind of decision-making with?

7 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-36782522

Hope other local authority areas follow suit and protect themselves from being dragged out of a union they didn't want to leave...

Did you even read that properly?

Dumfries and Galloway councillors have rejected a motion for a separate referendum in the region in the event of another Scottish independence vote.

Hope other local authority areas follow suit and kick such ridiculous notions into touch with equal alacrity.

So even in Dumfries and Galloway, where only 9 out of 47 councillors are in the SNP group, this sort of desperate notion doesn't fly.  Really looks like a winner then doesn't it?

As long as Labour are a complete clusterfuck, we need the SNP to be a strong force in Scotland if we're not independent. If Labour in it's current form gained any sort of momentum, we'd be even more fucked than we are now. If that's what you want then batter on.