When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That may be the best scenario for Independence overall.

Rejecting out own independence then deciding we want it because the option is taken away would be the single most Scottish thing to ever happen.

Theresa May, nor any sane thinking politician would reject permission for another referendum.

A snap Holyrood election with UDI as the SNPs sole manifesto pledge would soon sort that shite out.

eta - Westminster refusing a second referendum obviously, not the DWP being a bunch of p***ks. 

Edited by Crossbill

That may be the best scenario for Independence overall.

Rejecting out own independence then deciding we want it because the option is taken away would be the single most Scottish thing to ever happen.

Imagine if the option is removed then the SNP squeal loud enough for the PM to give in and grant one followed by Scotland voting NO again.The seethe and raging about "quislings" "traitors" etc etc would be hilarious.Like they say "carefull what you ask for,you might get it "

A snap Holyrood election with UDI as the SNPs sole manifesto pledge would soon sort that shite out.

eta - Westminster refusing a second referendum obviously, not the DWP being a bunch of p***ks. 

It would also make Scotland a financial leper while running a 10% fiscal deficit.Nae loans for bolshie UDI types.Good luck with that.

I mentioned this in a post a while back regarding Westminster not agreeing a binding referendum. To do so would quite literally guarantee a win for Independence, that's why they're so hesitant in categorically ruling it out . And to rule it out they would have to give a reason which would most likely be the "mandate" to hold one

It would create the mother of all grievance politics and actually play right into Sturgeons hands. Nicola would have two options, call a snap Holyrood election and add an unambiguous indyref2 in the manifesto or play it out till the next Holyrood election which by then have the country in mega-seethe at the Tories refusing to accept the will of the Scottish people. Win win all the way.

Not often I give advice to Unionists, but they're best bet would be to agree to a referendum in 2018 or thereabouts. That would be there best chance of winning  

It would also make Scotland a financial leper while running a 10% fiscal deficit.Nae loans for bolshie UDI types.Good luck with that.

I remember well when the UK had an even larger deficit than that and you were campaigning for the nation to be disolved and governed from Norway. Oh wait no you're just a raging Britnat with double standards. Happy as long as what you're getting has a lovely big red, white and blue bow round it.

So you genuinely think that Theresa May will block another referendum if it is approved by Holyrood ?

I think she'll go with it ( if she's still PM), but no chance until the mess of Brexit is sorted. Whether it's 2019, 2021 or 2023, once the dust has settled, I still think we'll go with another No vote.

I mentioned this in a post a while back regarding Westminster not agreeing a binding referendum. To do so would quite literally guarantee a win for Independence, that's why they're so hesitant in categorically ruling it out . And to rule it out they would have to give a reason which would most likely be the "mandate" to hold one

It would create the mother of all grievance politics and actually play right into Sturgeons hands. Nicola would have two options, call a snap Holyrood election and add an unambiguous indyref2 in the manifesto or play it out till the next Holyrood election which by then have the country in mega-seethe at the Tories refusing to accept the will of the Scottish people. Win win all the way.

Not often I give advice to Unionists, but they're best bet would be to agree to a referendum in 2018 or thereabouts. That would be there best chance of winning  

Their best bet would be to prevent a referendum by delivering a soft Brexit

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Their best bet would be to prevent a referendum by delivering a soft Brexit

That would involve the free movement of people. Her OWN party won't allow her to do that

I remember well when the UK had an even larger deficit than that and you were campaigning for the nation to be disolved and governed from Norway. Oh wait no you're just a raging Britnat with double standards. Happy as long as what you're getting has a lovely big red, white and blue bow round it.

This is unintelligible havers ?

21 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

How can the SNP call a snap election at Holyrood?  They have no powers to do this unilaterally and require a 2/3rds majority to carry a motion to dissolve parliament.

You have yet to show any evidence whatsoever of "enormous amounts of water being given to England"

Pep's a caricature of Scottish Nationalism, I can't quite decide whether it's him or Cream Cheese who used to be Fuzzy Afro? What's happened to Fide btw ( used to be Confidemus), he used to be all over these threads!? There's certainly a few of them that have changed their user names, why would you feel the need to do that!?

Imagine if the option is removed then the SNP squeal loud enough for the PM to give in and grant one followed by Scotland voting NO again.The seethe and raging about "quislings" "traitors" etc etc would be hilarious.Like they say "carefull what you ask for,you might get it "

Personally I would just forget about another referendum and get on with my life as would the majority of normal people and I REALLY want Independence. You're desperation to tar all yes voters as unthinking SNP sheep is pathetic.

1 minute ago, git-intae-thum said:

Hang on a minute peeps. With UDI, whats the script with the debt. Anyone know how much of our deficit is made up of debt repayment.

Cos with UDI I believe we take none of the UKs soveriegn debt. 

To be pedantic, with referendum-based, recognised independence, we'd also take none of the UK's sovereign debt. We'd likely agree to send a negotiated amount of money to the UK each year which Westminster would then put towards paying the UK's full sovereign debt (if it wished to use it for that purpose).