When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

Hang on a minute peeps. With UDI, whats the script with the debt. Anyone know how much of our deficit is made up of debt repayment.

Cos with UDI I believe we take none of the UKs soveriegn debt. 

Yes, that would be true. It would also make newScot an international pariah economically. 

UDI isn't an option the SNP would consider even if an Indyref was denied by Westminster. In fact, I think they'd be delighted if that happened. No indyref while making it look like you want one is ideal

I mentioned this in a post a while back regarding Westminster not agreeing a binding referendum. To do so would quite literally guarantee a win for Independence, that's why they're so hesitant in categorically ruling it out . And to rule it out they would have to give a reason which would most likely be the "mandate" to hold one

It would create the mother of all grievance politics and actually play right into Sturgeons hands. Nicola would have two options, call a snap Holyrood election and add an unambiguous indyref2 in the manifesto or play it out till the next Holyrood election which by then have the country in mega-seethe at the Tories refusing to accept the will of the Scottish people. Win win all the way.

Not often I give advice to Unionists, but they're best bet would be to agree to a referendum in 2018 or thereabouts. That would be there best chance of winning  

They refuse a referendum they lose.

My dad was apocalyptic with rage last night at this news. He's of the opinion Sturgeon should be tried for treason and the SNP disbanded before they cause a murder.

I thought he was joking at first.

My dad was apocalyptic with rage last night at this news. He's of the opinion Sturgeon should be tried for treason and the SNP disbanded before they cause a murder.

Apoplectic, surely?

10 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

It would also make Scotland a financial leper while running a 10% fiscal deficit.Nae loans for bolshie UDI types.Good luck with that.

My guess is that we will find out the international communities attitudes to UDI for a country denied an independence referendum before Scotland even needs to think about it.

Edited by Crossbill

1 hour ago, mizfit said:

Try explaining Stockholm Syndrome to your dad.  

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

They refuse a referendum they lose.

If they refuse it opens up a whole new world. If played right it will guarantee a Yes landslide when it happens.

They can't continue to refuse the will of the Scottish people and still maintain they are a democracy. 

And then there's Scottish Labour... what do they do?  Side with the Tory government in London denying the will of the Scottish parliament?  

We often hear of the death of Scottish Labour, but in all honesty, if they back up the Tories in denying indyref2 it will finish them off completely   

Personally I would just forget about another referendum and get on with my life as would the majority of normal people and I REALLY want Independence. You're desperation to tar all yes voters as unthinking SNP sheep is pathetic.

That's what everyone said 2 years ago is it not.

Hang on a minute peeps. With UDI, whats the script with the debt. Anyone know how much of our deficit is made up of debt repayment.

Cos with UDI I believe we take none of the UKs soveriegn debt. 

UDI is utter havers that only dafties even consider viable.

40 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

That's what everyone said 2 years ago is it not.

Shame your BritNat friends down south decided to vote for the UK to leave the world's largest trading block and you failed to convince Scots that they should meekly accept it, then.

Once again, it's UK nationalism that has invited indyref2. If Brexit hadn't been voted for by England and Wales, the SNP would have no mandate to reopen the issue and you would be happily basking in the glory of Britannia.

Loondave doing a lot of posting about something that's never going to happen.
He's got me convinced.

Just don't want you to be dissapointed when it doesn't or at least fails miserably.Its a win win for me.Either i enjoy the benefits of Union or enjoy the even greater benefits of Indy..unless of course the second one turns out to be a figment of some over excitable imaginations.

Just don't want you to be dissapointed when it doesn't or at least fails miserably.Its a win win for me.Either i enjoy the benefits of Union or enjoy the even greater benefits of Indy..unless of course the second one turns out to be a figment of some over excitable imaginations.

The disappointment doesn't last long. You get up,go to work and just get on with it.

I'm not convinced its really concern that keeps you coming back to these threads though.