When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Sturgeon will keep on saying that an independence referendum is forthcoming to keep the SNP subs rolling in. Just like an old firm chairman promising a 'transfer warchest' to boost season ticket sales. 

In reality it wont happen till yes has a clear lead, which is miles away from happening.

Miles away? :rolleyes:

The referendum result was 11/20 no and 9/20 yes.

Since then I already know 2 no voters who are yes and you have to wonder how many no voter pensioners have passed.

As I remember it most teenagers voted yes and assuming that trend continues, a lot more will now be of age to vote.

That 9/20 has to definitely be higher now than 2 years ago. Whether it's now 10/20 or even 11/20 is certainly arguable.

Maybe someone with a good memory can help me out with a wee question....

When the referendum was called all those years ago.....what percentage did the opinion polls have yes at?

I don't believe for a second that you actually think Davidson is in any position to coerce May into anything.

All this chat about how wee uppity Stugeon shouldn't be making any noise reads more like pleading desperation than logical analysis of the situation.

She's well respected, for making her 'noise' fair enough, but that's all it is. The arguments of against leaving the UK remain for most Scots!

13 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

The referendum result was 11/20 no and 9/20 yes.

Since then I already know 2 no voters who are yes and you have to wonder how many no voter pensioners have passed.

As I remember it most teenagers voted yes and assuming that trend continues, a lot more will now be of age to vote.

That 9/20 has to definitely be higher now than 2 years ago. Whether it's now 10/20 or even 11/20 is certainly arguable.

Maybe someone with a good memory can help me out with a wee question....

When the referendum was called all those years ago.....what percentage did the opinion polls have yes at?

The is also a large demographic of EU nationals (and other non-brits), the majority of whom voted NO last time, who will be having a serious think about voting YES this time. 

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The biggest threat to yes is the 45 thousand English people who move to Scotland every year.   Say whatever you want those are the facts.

How many are pro-EU? Or even pro-independence? 

Wes in utter denial mode.   Almost makes you feel sorry for him.   June 2018 is gonna be the date.

20 months away despite no shift in polling,no draft bill and no answers to currency issue.Also the small matter of Brexit and Scotland being outwith the EU in the most likely outcomes Indy or not.Aye June 2018...????

42 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

The biggest threat to yes is the 45 thousand English people who move to Scotland every year.   Say whatever you want those are the facts.

Nah Pepp. That's pish.

For every trust fund Tristan rocking up to Embra uni in a daddy funded "flat" in India Street you'll find two more liberal English folk that are at their wits end with the state of things down south. Goes for Norn Iron too from my experience.

From my experience it's the entitled old money "proud scots" that are the enemy, not the English. Your mindset is not fucking helpful, accurate or defensible.

As for EU nationals? Well, they are undoubtedly onside now. I think that demographic were shown to be strong NO voters before. Cannae see that next time.

10 minutes ago, speckled tangerine said:

Nah Pepp. That's pish.

For every trust fund Tristan rocking up to Embra uni in a daddy funded "flat" in India Street you'll find two more liberal English folk that are at their wits end with the state of things down south. Goes for Norn Iron too from my experience.

From my experience it's the entitled old money "proud scots" that are the enemy, not the English. Your mindset is not fucking helpful, accurate or defensible.

As for EU nationals? Well, they are undoubtedly onside now. I think that demographic were shown to be strong NO voters before. Cannae see that next time.

I believe the numbe rof EU/non UK nationals is 173,000 up here. They split something like 65/35 No last time, Which, assuming you have the same turnout again, and assuming they all jump Yes to protect their EU status means an extra 100,000 Yes voters. The original gap was 400,000 odds. Every little helps I guess.

27 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

20 months away despite no shift in polling,no draft bill and no answers to currency issue.Also the small matter of Brexit and Scotland being outwith the EU in the most likely outcomes Indy or not.Aye June 2018...

I would've said that the vote has to happen before a Brexit occurs, officially. So that puts a time frame on it, right away. A vote in favour in that timeframe at least offers a chance of guarenteeing EU status. The polling is sitting rock steady at 46-48% Yes, and the last No campaign did nothing but lose votes. The draft bill is on it's way, but before that Sturgeon still has to go through the pantomime of finding other ways of securing free market access prior to that, so We've got announcements of plans by ScotGov before the end of the year to od just that, whiel maintianin our UK status - all of which will be shot down by the UK government.

Complete and utter deluded shite.   I stated a simple provable undeniable fact.  You find it unpalatable.   That's your problem not mine.   And the reason a residency rule should be used this time as it generally is in these things, of ten or fifteen years. 

I detect the whiff of less benign Nationalism here.Not surprised though it's never far from the surface.

I would've said that the vote has to happen before a Brexit occurs, officially. So that puts a time frame on it, right away. A vote in favour in that timeframe at least offers a chance of guarenteeing EU status. The polling is sitting rock steady at 46-48% Yes, and the last No campaign did nothing but lose votes. The draft bill is on it's way, but before that Sturgeon still has to go through the pantomime of finding other ways of securing free market access prior to that, so We've got announcements of plans by ScotGov before the end of the year to od just that, whiel maintianin our UK status - all of which will be shot down by the UK government.

The idea of a seamless route to remaining in the EU through Indy is a dream.Nobody but the converted is buying it.

It's a fact which has been mooted by the head of the European council actually. 

As for English people living in Scotland I think you'll find its them who espouse the type of nationalism you refer to not me,  since in most cases they voted no because they're English. A statistician would tell you it's literally impossible they could have just Been that much more convinced by the arguments of no than any other group.  They're ethnic nationalists practising identity politics. 

I'm just stating the simple facts of the matter.