When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well aye, obviously independence isn't going to suddenly solve all of Scotland's problems by itself. It is merely the first step in allowing us, as a nation, to address 

And start saving some money for  rainy day, perhaps

20 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Well aye, obviously independence isn't going to suddenly solve all of Scotland's problems by itself. It is merely the first step in allowing us, as a nation, to address them.

2 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

And start saving some money for  rainy day, perhaps

^

itk

inrs

(its not rocket science)

38 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Back in the box; know your place; stop trying to be a nation state and get on with running Scotland as it should be run - a dependent, glorified parish.

Totally proud and patriotic Scot, though, I'm sure. A regular Thomas Jefferson.

You have a low opinion of Scotland

44 minutes ago, Antlion said:

So you think Scotland, after three hundred years as a relatively small region of the UK, is in a situation so grave it requires a cure-all?

I think Scotland is in the perfect place to serve it's people and interests  best .....in the UK ...!!

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

I think Scotland is in the perfect place to serve it's people and interests  best .....in the UK ...!!

Aye, it's always in someones best interests to gratefully thank people for shagging their arse sideways.

I voted yes last time but was swithering.

The UK govt dragging us off the top a cliff against our will into a hard brexit and no single market would more than convince me this time around. Unfortunately I won't have a vote next time... :(

I just want to know why the Daily Mail (and most of the Mainstream media South of the border, let's face it that's all of them) offers a diametrically opposed juxtaposition namely...

1. They claim Scots are scroungers and that the money that comes from the treasury is a subsidy for Scotland. They provide numbers that show Scotland gets more per head of central government spending (which I accept, but there is good reason for this. Scotland has a larger landmass per head of population so there are logistically higher costs associated with having people spread out over a larger area) but they bang on about Barnett calculating how much of "English taxpayers money" is being sent north of the border. So they create a climate in which the English generally believe Scotland should be ditched at the earliest opportunity.

2. On the other hand, they defend the Union like it is sacrosanct. They deride Scots as whingers and promote obstruction of moves for Scottish independence.

You have to ask why the Union is so precious. Is Scotland a nice place to go on holiday or retire to without a passport? A remote place with a port suitable to keep nukes at arms length? 

...or is it just that they are lying about the burden that we are?

Maybe it's just the age old problem, "the trouble with Scotland, is that it's full of Scots."?

2 minutes ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Explain then Soph. Pls

Amongst all of the sophistry, there is a simple truth that at the very moment we take full responsibility, we can start to make things better and also plan to balance our books in the long term.

8 minutes ago, sophia said:

Amongst all of the sophistry, there is a simple truth that at the very moment we take full responsibility, we can start to make things better and also plan to balance our books in the long term.

Exactly.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

Right that's the vote done.   Can Nicola and the rest of her glorified councillors get on with running the country, sorting education, the NHS, the police and the numerous other things that should be prioritised ahead of  posturing and promoting a referendum that most people in Scotland do not want.   

That argument might carry more weight if the Scottish govt wasn't doing a considerably better job than Westminster on NHS etc etc....plus if majority of Scots didn't want a referendum in the instance of brexit why did they give snp 250000 more votes n give proof indy parties a majority at holyrood? ?? Why doesn't tm concentrate on issues other than the non binding brexit referendum which they didn't ask eu permission for??

If  May keeps this pish up then UDI is fair game for me.  You can't have a democratically elected Scottish government being ignored. Particularly one with sufficient support that it overcomes significant obstacles which were designed to stop it getting such a majority. Just call time Nicola.

There is an argument to be made but I've heard it and am not convinced.    Like many others I don't think independence is a panacea for the situation Scotland is in.    

I don't think you have any interest in being convinced quite frankly.

6 hours ago, edinabear said:

How can people just ignore a meagre 400,000 majority in a referendum after a mere 3 years. Very disturbing stuff.

How can people ignore a seismic change in the political landscape and a party enacting the manifesto on which it was elected? Very disturbing stuff.

There is an argument to be made but I've heard it and am not convinced.    Like many others I don't think independence is a panacea for the situation Scotland is in.    

I don't understand your logic bud. The situation Scotland is in is because MPs elected by England make the decisions for us. Independence doesn't mean things will change automatically and everything will be rosey but it gives us a chance to mould our own future.

If we just accept that we can't do anything and let the Tories rule us for the next 2 decades without the protection of the EU things will only get much worse, albeit that's just my opinion along with many others.

You have to ask yourself if we are so much of a burden to the UK why did the Tories, Labour and Lib Dems unite South of the border to 'keep' us? Nothing to do with tradition, British values ect we contribute much more to the UK than we take back out.

David Cameron himself said we could go it alone.